1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

shrewsbury can still do it

Discussion in 'Shrewsbury' started by lesshrew, May 14, 2011.

1. Corkshrew

Corkshrew New Member

Steve - thanks for that. Just remember this when you are inevitably relegated next season. We will probably still be here mind :)

2. Steve-WWFC

Steve-WWFC Member

This time we are promoted we are going up with a stronger and better team. Are club has an aim to get to the championship and we have got some money coming in from are owner Steve Hayes. Allowing us to bring higher qaulity players in. Last time out we had to settle with free transefers now we dont. Plus were getting a 20000 all seater new stadium. A ginger mourinho (Gary Waddock) Succses in are grasp even if the fans dont belive we dont need a new stadium it looking to the future and biulding are club. We arent coming down so go away!

3. Corkshrew

Corkshrew New Member

Few points:

1. You're on our boards - so you go away
    2. You can't spell
    3. I don't really care about you, you're cr@p town, your yo-yo club or gary pillock
    4. That Gareth Ainsworth is one for the future isn't he?

4. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The rest of your supporters don't seem too happy with the people in charge and the fact that you are, this year alone, £1.7million more in debt means that a 20000 seater stadium for a team that has an average attendance this year of 4465 will have a rather empty and souless place to go to watch football.

Our forum like Wycombe supporters so why come on here and be a wum? Be wary of chairmen that offer lots and put you in debt.

5. ManFeelings

ManFeelings Member

Hey Rocky, i'm guessing this Steve muppet is not associated with you lot right? :wink:

PS: what a big man. He used copy and paste <laugh>

6. Rocky blue army

Rocky blue army Well-Known Member

i dont know him but i cant stop people coming on here saying what they think,my lot have been on here giving and taking banter with the shrews all season but it has been light hearted<ok>

7. 123..

123.. Member

Steve - some embarrassing stuff in there. Why do you think a 20,000 seater stadium would be a good thing. And 'money coming in from Hayes"??? It's just loan notes and more debt. Unfortunately I fear many of our fans are like you and lack a basic grasp of the facts. Steve Hayes represents the biggest single threat to wwfc. Matster has it spot on.

8. 123..

123.. Member

Unless of course you are Steve Hayes. Are you? lol

9. Corkshrew

Corkshrew New Member

Sorry chairboys - your town's not rubbish (quite nice actually), your club's always seemed a nice family one, and most clubs that go up from league two seem to struggle so sorry! - I'd been wound up by the WUM. <ok>:emoticon-0117-talki

10. Rocky blue army

no problem we all get the hump now and then<ok>

11. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

No problem Corkshrew (great name). Apologies for Steve. He's a tennis coach you know. He seems to have the ump-ire than usual, creating a racket like that. I think he is at fault but hasn't crossed the line yet. You didn't de-serve that. I should have warned you be-forehand.
    Sorry, I'm off on one again.

Anyway, try not to be offended. We're all mates here.

12. atcham jack

atcham jack Well-Known Member

my what a load of tom tit on here from steve! news from devon= gulls are taking their full allocation of 1200 tickets for fridays game. the general view is that the shrews were lucky to escape a 3 or 4-0 thrashing and i doubt if any of us will disagree with that. unless we have an answer to their 2 giant centre backs and the 3 up front we can kiss goodbye to the playoffs not to mention league 1. so gt has to be adventuresome with a 4-3-3 attack. matty h can help with the program sales and bradshaw collins and 1 other up front. fs etc and stfc will never win anything with that ruddy awful badge

13. 123..

123.. Member

Atcham - what would be your boardroom's reaction to playoff failure? At the start of this season Hayes effectively told us Wycombe fans it was promotion or else. Is it the same for you as far as Turner is concerned? I presume both Shrews and Wycombe have two of the highest budgets in the league. And what is Shrewsbury's current debt? Thanks.

14. ManFeelings

ManFeelings Member

Smith
    Sadler-SCS-Grandison-Raven(if fit)
    Davies McIntyre Taylor
    Wright Collins ainsworth

Canavan sounded like a liability so if Sharps can't make it we need Dave the Rave to fill in RB and hope that Grandison can step up
    Wroe's been pretty abject lately and IMO we might need the guts of Macca to get an foothold on the game and hopefully playing 4-3-3 can give them a taste of their own medicine although Collins will be up against the mighty Guy Branston- gulp! Harrold/ Bradders can come off the bench when they start to tire

COYS

15. Matster

Forum Moderator

------Smith
    ---Raven SCS Sadler
    -------McIntyre
    Taylor Davis Wright
    ------Ainsworth
    --Bradshaw Collins

Or
    ------------Smith
    Raven Grandison SCS Sadler
    Taylor Davis Wroe Wright
    ------Bradshaw Collins

I'm torn by whether Ainsworth should start in free role near the front, do you start with the big man up front or Bradshaw and Collins? Torquays main threat seemed to come down the wings so should there be four at the back or three and McIntyre? Grandison seems to have lost his confidence since being thrashed by Torquay last time, so do we play him?

The first formation is very attacking

16. ManFeelings

ManFeelings Member

Mat, as much as I like the former, you've put 12 players ;)

17. Rocky blue army

shh the ref might not notice<laugh><laugh><laugh>

18. Matster

Forum Moderator

I've dropper Wroe, or should that have been...

19. WhatShrew

WhatShrew Member

Shrews will not get the right result, however if we do see flying pigs above the stadium and they do overcome Torquay then I am sure that will give them the lift to go on to Old Trafford and win the playoff final.

20. Matster

Forum Moderator

as was mentioned somewhere, perhaps Elder might start...