1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Shrewsbury Town v Bristol City

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Jan 13, 2020.

1. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Shrewsbury Town v Bristol City
    (Replay)

Expected Bristol City team to play Shrewsbury Town in FA Cup third round replay
    Robins are expected to field strongest side on Tuesday evening.

With the carrot of a money-spinning tie against world champions Liverpool coming for whoever wins on Tuesday evening, it can be expected that Bristol City will field their very strongest team against Shrewsbury Town.

That will likely mean few changes from the side that beat Wigan Athletic 2-0 at the weekend.

Head coach Lee Johnson tends to reward a winning side and so for that reason we don't see too many changes to face the Shrews, who have drawn and lost since facing Bristol City at Ashton Gate.

In fact, when we boil it down we just see two changes - and both enforced: match-winner Jamie Paterson grabbing a place in the team at the expense of Marley Watkins, who may be out with a calf injury too.

Korey Smith came off with a dead leg at the weekend but he may be fit enough to play on with Josh Brownhill still recovering from a bruised foot.

However, Han-Noah Massengo could be left out after a heavy knock sustained to his ankle at the weekend against the Latics, with Adam Nagy returning to the side.

Meanwhile, with Tomas Kalas still missing the defence picks itself. While we all know that Andi Weimann is undroppable as a Lee Johnson favourite, and Famara Diedhiou is City's form man after several top displays of late.

Therefore we go with the following, meaning that Callum O'Dowda and Kasey Palmer are likely to miss out, along with Taylor Moore, Tommy Rowe and Pedro Pereira.

Predicted team (4-4-2): Bentley, Hunt, Williams, Baker, Dasilva; Eliasson, Nagy, Smith, Paterson; Diedhiou, Weimann
    https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/expected-bristol-city-team-play-3736246

* LJ says Shrews in City sights
    https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/shrews-in-city-sights/

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  2. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

3. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

4. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

If they aren't prepared to bite off the carrot that has been dangled in their faces I have concerns for the rest of the season without additional faces arriving. In reality they should have completed the job first time out but then nothing is made any easier.

5. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Wondering if the game tomorrow evening will be ruined by the strong winds that are forecast.

6. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

See this going tits up.

7. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

Bloody hell.
    City will get through even if it's on penalties although I think they'll win comfortably.
    Players needed lifting, they got it with a great Cup draw.
    Pity there wasn't a cup draw every week.

8. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

It is supposed to be 60mph winds + from 12 o clock and the rain trail is supposed to be up through S Wales and the midlands … it will be the later end of the "storm" so winds might drop to 40mph or less ...

9. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

Ha ha, I can see what you're doing RP :emoticon-0103-cool: If they win, you will say it was expected and to do with the draw...If they lose, you will give LJ HELL......:emoticon-0125-mmm: I'm reading you Brother!! <cheers>

10. Redprintt

Morning 1For, oh yea of little faith.

Please read again my prediction before Wigan (I should do the lottery) where you disagreed 'hoping I was right and you were wrong '.

And who was right 1For?

11. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

Morning RP
    The fact that we won made most of your prediction right!! Not because of anything LJ did but because the cup draw lifted the spirits!
    Had we have lost....I think you may have come out with "even though we should be lifted by the draw, LJ failed as a coach to get a result"....I think the same with this game!!
    Angles covered!! :emoticon-0105-wink:......................................:rolleyes: I'm so bad!!!

12. Redprintt

I agree with the first part and accept your appreciation.
    However 'you think I may......'.
    You shouldn't put words in my mouth.

No angles - just fact that the draw lifted City (your words as well). And we'll get through tonight and beat Barnsley as well.
    Hey he's still learning, I've taught him a cup draw has more effect than he has.
    He's told me a cheque is in the post.

13. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

please log in to view this image

14. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Let’s not forget that the Shrews will be up for this too - and the prize of facing Liverpool will mean a lot more to their supporters and players - and their club finances - than to ours (and make no mistake it’s meaningful to us!)
    We still have a realistic chance of making the playoffs - better than the Shrews have on reaching the L1 playoffs, so the pressure is more on us than them in every respect.
    I expect a very hard fought duel - which we SHOULD win - but on their day, with them raising their game it all depends on if we can raise ours to counter them.

15. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

Is it live on TV anywhere?

16. johngalleyfan2

have been checking the satellite pics... not your BBC or ITV suppliers and this weather front is later than expected and wider than predicted that's low's for you I suppose it is carrying more moisture so midlands points N of Worcester could get hammered.. I would say game is 60 /40 to go on, trajectory of the storm could be kind and dump the worst rain a few miles to the east!

17. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Ferking hell JG2, where do you live - Jodrell Bank........<laugh><laugh>

Angelicnumber16 and Redprintt like this.
  18. johngalleyfan2

nope just have interests in a number of varied subjects like space weather / weather /atmospheric anomalies so have one of my computers set up on a registered site [ organization ] so I can keep up to speed …

Oldsparkey likes this.
  19. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

Perhaps it's on another planet sparkey.

Oldsparkey likes this.
  20. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

No probs JGF2 - best of luck to you. <ok>