1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Shrewsbury v MK

Discussion in 'Shrewsbury' started by Matster, May 5, 2018.

1. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

A lovely sunny day sees the end of the main season see us playing Milton Keynes in a game that doesn't affect either teams position.

What squad will Hurst play? Will it be a strong one that will play in the playoffs or a mixture?

2. Zenfootball2

Zenfootball2 Active Member

3. Zenfootball2

i have just finished cutting the lawn and sat in the garden enjoying listening to the birds and having a cold drink .we could not have hoped for better weather.

i personally favour a full strength team at least for 70 minutes to hopefully see a return to a high tempo pressing game, whilst i appreciate we have been rotating players and trying out formation,in the last two games the midfield have looked less than convincing in a holding role and have been to easily by passed .
    i do hope Eisa gets some playing time he unsettles defenders and has built a good rapport with lowe , whilst i appreciate he battles Carlton Morris has not looked very convincing up front ,recently his first touch has not been the best.

Last edited: May 5, 2018
  4. Zenfootball2

MKDons looked a team that in the main was just going through the motions so this was a bit disappointing ,too many town players looked reluctant to shoot. it took town 44 minutes to get a shoot on target in the first half and this came from a solo effort from Eisa .
    whilst this game felt very much like a end of season game with nothing counting on it ,we will have to do a lit better if we are to get anything from the play offs.
    A big thank you to all the players ,back room staff and everyone involved with the club for an amazing season.

5. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I suspect your players didn't want any injuries in this one as it was a nothing game so no surprise if it lacked effort. This season I don't think any of the sides in the play offs is favourite so this could go any one of four ways. Good luck with it.

Matster likes this.