1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Shrewsbury v Peterborough

Discussion in 'Shrewsbury' started by Matster, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

A wild, wet and windy day led to an interesting match with high balls changing direction after leaving the players foot.

Town took the lead after Docherty put a ball past the defenders and it drifted past a surprised keeper into the net after only a couple of minutes.

Unfortunately Peterborough got back in after a poor bit of defensive choices led to the keeper piling on top of Sadler I think? Godden looked a real threat all game and was timing well rehearsed runs into the goal area that our defence struggled with.

Town took the lead again with a cheeky ball by Fey as he jinked past the keeper and tapped it across the box avoiding defenders and rolled into the net.

Yet again we suffered a last ten minute goal from a set piece. This is the area aandhat Ricketts will need to address to start us securing three points more often.

Zenfootball2 likes this.
  2. Zenfootball2

Zenfootball2 Active Member

prior to the game i would have been happy with a draw but sloppy defending costs us, i thought Docherty was outstanding ,well taken goal by Ferjiri but he dopes not get enough balls on the ground, i thought the ref was poor, can someone else but Beckles take the throw ins on the left side as his tend to be very poor.

3. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The ref made some fairly odd decisions, especially in the second half. One of their players definitely handballed in the box and then he awards them a foul as our player handballed in a lesser way 30 seconds later.

Zenfootball2 likes this.
  4. greenhousmeadowman

greenhousmeadowman Well-Known Member

Docherty MOM for me but we need more players to link with him. Thought Beckles had a good game faced with one of the most dangerous wingers in this league. Posh looked real class going forward but their defence was there for the taking and we did not put enough pressure on them. The centre of our defence and goalkeeper situation needs looking at - Arnold is poor and I have never been convinced by the Waterfall/ Sadler combination - it might be worth looking at Bolton or Beckles in the middle. If people say they are playing well then why have we conceded four very poor goals in the last two games? We also desperately need a striker in on loan - cannot fault either Holloway or the Shop for effort but neither are up to League 1 standard in my opinion.

Zenfootball2 likes this.
  5. Zenfootball2

i dont know what the answer is but we give too many free kicks away in dangerous areas and all season we have lost so many points from sloppy defending .

6. greenhousmeadowman

I think we are not far away from being a top half side but we just need a bit more quality in the spine of the team - goalkeeper, central defender and centre forward. To my mind the current players in those positions are not a patch on Henderon, Nsiala and C. Morris Lets hope Ricketts has some good contacts as we need a good transfer window in January. We have some tough games coming up this month and a few defeats could well see us hovering around the relegation zone again.

Zenfootball2 likes this.
  7. Zenfootball2

keeping Docherty is important as when he is play like he did in the last game he creates so much, just putting the ball on the ground for ferjiri will add to the goal tally. the defence is our a weak area and we need another forward

8. greenhousmeadowman

I doubt Docherty would get consistent game time at Rangers so I think he will stay. Potentially he is the best player in our current team but we need to integrate him better with the other forwards. Agree about Fejiri - there is no point in lumping it up to him in the air which is what our defenders tend to do. We need to play through midfield and keep it on the floor.

Zenfootball2 likes this.