1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Shrewsbury vs Cardiff

Discussion in 'Shrewsbury' started by Matster, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The only preseason game Iwas able to attend. I was really impressed with the team put out. Although we didn't impress too much on their goal in the first half we did have a few shots and we also restricted their attacks too. Hurst had a few words at half time and town came out more brightly and within a short time managed to gain goal from a penalty. Dodds had played a great ball through for Whalley and he got taken out in the penalty area. Whalley managed to just about score from the spot but the keeper had guessed which way Whalley was going to shoot.

Minutes later Dodds also managed to get himself a good goal. Dodds was doing some great footy and always seemed to be in the correct place and willing to pass on a good ball.

The whole squad was playing well, Morris had a range of different shots on goal and shows he has good ability to control the ball. Nolan looks fantastic and should be a great signing for us. Bolton took a knock and was left on the pitch to see the game out.

Surprisingly there were no subs, but I guess this is due to tonight's game at Telford.

If town can play like they have in the last three games we should be mid table at least by the end of the season.

2. greenhousmeadowman

greenhousmeadowman Well-Known Member

Glad to hear we played well - I too am very hopeful of a much better season. The Northampton game should be a good test as they have spent a fair amount over the close season and it would be nice to get a win on the board first game up.

Matster likes this.