1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Silverware

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by JohnHumbles,tape recorder, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Welshie

Welshie Chavcunt fanboy dickhead

If NUFC is not taken over by the Saudi's, which I doubt. Dropping down the leagues is the obvious conclusion.

2. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Not sure about that. Mike seems willing to gamble with our PL status but has previously made sure we are in good shape to come straight back up, presumably so the sale price stays high. I don't see that being any different this time. To be honest I would rather drop down a league as I suspect if we scrape into the PL this year we will continue with Bruce and end up with another season of the same boring football as this year.

A drop down might be just what we need to get in a younger manager (?Graeme Jones) with some progressive ideas, introduce some of the younger players and start enjoying the football again.

I don't think we need to go to the extremes that Sunderland did in order to start winning games again but we do need a significant reboot and we won't get that unless we go down.

Dorty Dogbreath likes this.
  3. Roland Deschain

Roland Deschain Well-Known Member

Or unless we are taken over.

4. JakartaToon

Forum Moderator

I think this hanging onto a takeover happening as a reason to live with utter mediocrity is a dangerous thing. Ashley may win his case, PIF may decide they then want back in. However neither event may happen. I suspect he will lose though and then he will be back to looking for a new buyer and it will put the whole thing on hold for another year or so.

5. Rudekid

Rudekid Well-Known Member

I can't believe the fans are suggesting being relegated is a good idea.

Just stay up.

6. Charlie Dogscock

Charlie Dogscock Well-Known Member

Hey malagamackem, no I think you missed the point of the OP. You've gone so downhill that your now celebrating winning a bullshit mickey mouse trophy that involves you struggling against non league sides.

You are "excited and on an upward trajectory" from being in the turd division for 3 straight seasons? And our "shocking place" is what, 2 divisions above you?

You appear to have some problems with sarcasm, are you on the autistic spectrum?

Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
  7. GeordieHalfbreed

GeordieHalfbreed Well-Known Member

Or, to put it another way, your fans haven't watched you win at Wembley in 48 years...

Jokes aside though, I do miss the derbys. May well be on for that next year.

Sunderpitt likes this.
  8. JakartaToon

Forum Moderator

You are relying on the takeover happening to lead to positive change. I am saying the probability is its more likely to happen through relegation so I can live with that. i never want to see us relegated but I dont want to watch another season like this current one. It really has been soul destroying stuff.

9. Rudekid

I like the struggle.

Somewhat

10. JakartaToon

Forum Moderator

Trouble is it seems that we are expected to put up with dour defensive football if we are struggling, and then just rinse and repeat the following season.

11. Rudekid

I don't mind any style of play provided it's done well tbh...

12. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

Don’t think anyone is suggesting it has. In fact I think everyone is suggesting that in fact it’s the exact opposite. That’s the problem.

JakartaToon likes this.
  13. malagamackem

malagamackem Well-Known Member

Good Evening Dog Cock

Seriously? Sorry for replying late - been at this thing called work.

I still think you've missed the point. we are not claiming glory - we're claiming positivity.
    Having reflected on your response I concluded:

• A juvenile with learning difficulties wrote it
    • You pretended to be a juvenile with learning difficulties and wrote it
    • You just wrote it yourself
    Good luck for the rest of the season- hope it works out well for you

Kind regards

14. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

I think we look likely to go down. If we do i imagine Mike will do the same again for a third time and invest to come back up. Only time we ever spend money. If he gives that money to Bruce however...

15. Charlie Dogscock

Thank you, I've also been at work, working from home means I can reply any time I want. I guess when you're scrubbing out toilets you aren't able to reply immediately.

Yes I did write it myself, well done on your expert deductions there, stand aside Sherlock Holmes.

Back to the point in hand anyway, which was that you took a sarcastic post seriously thinking that your model of going crashing down the leagues is a good one to follow. Even though we are struggling, relegation is never a good outcome and it is in no way necessary for rebuilding.

Glad you hope our season works out, in converse I hope you miss out on promotion this season and get relegated again next season.

16. malagamackem

malagamackem Well-Known Member

Good evening Dogs cock

Your reply sums you up perfectly. A bit of abuse makes you feel good. Please accept my advice and seek help.
    I still hope your team stay afloat and that we both have good seasons. If not we'll see you next season.

17. Charlie Dogscock

I don't why you quoted me in the first place and why you keep replying.

Glad you hope my team stays afloat, the sentiment is not reciprocated though.