1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Six Nations Thread........

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by swimaway, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

mods are allowed to edit posts if there is a reason to do so, however changing what people say to have a laugh stinks of someone who isnt mature enough to be a moderator of other users who happen to be less childish than him, and i agree with you, if my stuff was being edited by a power hungry mod like DPJ i'd be really pissed off, and if nothing was done about it i may consider leaving the site

its not monitored as such taff, just that if some piece of 'modding' has ocurred, say if i edited your post, H would be able to see it and judge for himself, also, the super mod (cyprussy) would be able to see all deleted posts and stuff on any board he goes on to, and would be able to monitor it, however he cant monitor every board as it would take too long <ok>

2. taffthefish

taffthefish Well-Known Member

Swamp. I guess any bogus posting will have some sort of "signature" unique to the original post creator, ip address for example? In this case monitoring is not needed and as you say not really feasible. It is pretty stupid for a mod to create or modify someone's post and my view is that mod should be removed from their position. As Aber has stated it's not what has been posted thus far (as far as we are aware) but the potential in future especially if it is not monitored. Prevention is better than cure in this case.

3. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

on the posts you're talking about it says at the bottom right of the post 'last edited by dragonphiljack at x oclock' so it should be clear to all that a post has been edited by DPJ, he cant just simply edit a post without anyone knowing or being able to notice, and then suddenly you go back on your posts to realise that a mod has been messing around with what you've said..

4. snlk/poksnbn

snlk/poksnbn Active Member

All joking aside lads,I like a good wind up as much as others but I'm sorry Phill this is a clear abuse of your powers and it should be dealt with.Fck cross border threads with swanc if this is allowed to stand.

5. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

Agree with above.

If hes altering posts then the site is ruined.

His mod status should be taken from him.

Or he should do the decent thing.

6. swimaway

swimaway Well-Known Member

What about that Wales team eh??

Damn you Dan Parks for retiring...one more hoorah in the blue jersey this weekend PLEASE!

I can see Ryan Jones at second row with Lydiate back at 6. Hook at 15 with Halfpenny taking all the kicks on the wing.

Wales to win by 8 points.

7. Crackerjack

Crackerjack Active Member

I'll always be in awe of how Cardiff posters try to " Create " events then all pile on as if proof , you guys have been trying to knock Phil out of this moderation spot for weeks , seems this might be another " attempt " to pick another moderator for us by the " Bulldog Bluebirds "

8. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

Cracker wasnt it you creating about John Hughes the other day?

If a Cardiff mod was altering posts id say he shouldnt be in a moderating position.

Look at Abers post. Hes altered it.

Would you be happy if say JH was a mod and started altering your posts?

Swamp , H Bomb - Can DPJ alter posts on Cardiffs board.

We can just keep off the Jacks site if they want him moderating.

9. Crackerjack

I am disliterate on these boards , I wouldn't know how to alter anything , I don't even know how to delete somebody from my own article . I really don't know anything about phil altering , nor do I care to spend any time on figuring it , take it to the top . I do know you guys have been trying to knock Phil out of his moderation spot long before this .

10. swimaway

Despite rumours I was fishing...this thread was meant with the best intentions (hence my lack of feedback due to the derailment by the usual suspects). Our clubs, united on one front and talking as friends about a sport which most will have a kinship to. WE ARE WELSH

Decide if you want to keep it (I am happy to give the go ahead to delete it but it seems a effing shame) or just take your bickering to the old Swansea Cardiff banter thread.

LET IT LIE!

11. snlk/poksnbn

snlk/poksnbn Active Member

This thread has highlighted another fcking hypocritical swanc moderator.Shame on you.Believe me I would be saying the same about our own mods if they stooped as low.Thank goodness ours have a conscience.

Breezy!
    I admire your blind loyalty m8 but he should step down and then post whatever he wants and then be judged like the rest of us.I have always got on with Phill but he knows he was a better poster before he became a mod.Do the right thing Phill.

12. Crackerjack

Anyways I think I could be a really good rugby player because I'm a bad ass & it looks like you could get away with a lot in the trenches in rugby !!

13. swimaway

Who needs mods...we are self policing as we have the power of true thought.

ITI, I appreciate you posted your reply when I had just submitted mine (so nothing personal), but BOYS >>>>LEAVE IT THERE...NO WONDER WE ARE MOCKED BY OTHER NATIONS!

14. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

only on cross board threads originating on the swansea board <ok>

15. Steven Royston O'Neill

Steven Royston O'Neill Well-Known Member

Its a sorry state of affairs when the mods, stand for moderate you know, are the bother not the solution. I have more to do than patrol from board to board checking on mods and who is doing what, the solution is very simple.

Dont edit posts for any reason,if they are bad delete them, I can always look at deleted posts if a complaint is made.

Part of being a mod is to try and set an example so can we please.

I'm trying to watch my team play, can I get on with it please?

16. Norway-jack

Norway-jack Well-Known Member

Im supporting Dragon on this, SAVE OUR DRAGON!!!

He is a very good moderator IMO, keep up the good work DPJ <ok>
    Keep those people from the eastern block on their toes:)

17. Crackerjack

Sorry ... Goodluck !!

18. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

thanks syd, btw where has aberdude gone? his posts arent on this thread and his music sticky thread has gone?

19. swimaway

YOU HAVE BEEN TOLD...... Cretian Bill has spoken.

END OF

Now back to the thread or get it deleted.

20. taffthefish

taffthefish Well-Known Member

It's a bit eastern block modding others threads isn't it?