1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Skiing

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by calydon_road, Sep 29, 2011.

1. calydon_road

calydon_road Member

ah so

i thought i would see if any of you on the board are into winter sports...skiing snowboarding etc etc

i started last year and did 33 days in the season. absolutely loved it. wondered if any other addicks are into the ski vibe

2. Ponders Revisited

Ponders Revisited Well-Known Member

I like the sound of the cow-bells as they ski down the slopes.

3. Franco5

Franco5 Well-Known Member

I always liked the idea of snowboarding... Then i absolutely ruined my right knee playing football and that was the end of that.

Where do you normally go Cal?

4. Tewkesbury Addick

Tewkesbury Addick Active Member

Knees written off by years of fast bowling, Calydon - but I tried it on a dry slope a couple of years ago and had a good laugh - then couldn't walk for four days.

I'll stick with the apres ski...l

5. IA

IA Active Member

SuperChrissy and Jonathan are going skiing in January. If anyone wants to join them email reams

6. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

It's for a new TV programme we're doing. We heard Shakin Stevens and Barbara Windsor had a chalet up in Chamonix and the Krays visited them there. We plan on taking our clairvoyant (who I think JA is having an affair with).

In case you didn't know, JA's uncle owns the history channel so it will be shown on there. Look out for it.

7. WWOCB

WWOCB Active Member

If you get the chance whilst you're there, go see FC Chamonix Casuals, they're a local non-league team who play 5 games a year. I'm sure they have a handful of players who could easily make the step up into The Premier League, maybe we could get them to join Charlton.

8. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Great idea- I'm emailing Shane o'driscall and seve mclareen as we speak to see if they would like to come too.

9. WWOCB

WWOCB Active Member

Great idea! Also don't forget to bring your Ouija Board with you, heard they get some funny goings-on in their changing rooms!

Wish I could come with you guys but I'm going to be at the Welling game, heard Fabio Capello will be coming along to take a look at Jack Parkinson!

10. calydon_road

calydon_road Member

ha ha...super your really on form with the ghost banter.

well i live just be zurich so most of my skiing has been in switzerland. did Flims/Laax, Davos, Klosters, lenzerheide, elm, flumserberg and arosa last season. i also went to st anton in austria but didnt really like it...lots of boozing but the ski was rubbish.

i did my cruciate when i was 26. totally obliterated it. so i didnt ski here the first season because of the knee. however, i havent felt skiing to be stressful on it...snowboarding might be worse as its fixed point. but as long as u dont get ur binding too tight, knee shouldnt ever twist.

happy to host any addicks that fancy switzerland ski. not a problem. well within reason...probably wouldnt host a2c

11. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

Was it the Krays or Richard Keys? If it was Richard you wouldn't fancy using the towels would you?

12. Dick Van Dykes Disco Dungarees

Does Reams like Reaming ?

Maybe that's where he got his name from ... Accers you might know .. drop him an email please

13. Hell Ben-t on Bradley Pritchard

I am an avid snowboarder, but financially restricted to a week a season like most, pleased to do that. I generally get to MK (like I did pre match on tuesday) or Hemel about once every 4-6 weeks.

Spent a lot of time in Klosters/Davos region over the years, love it out there, Swiss people and atmosphere etc is great. Some great food around there too, not to mention the worlds most underrated soft drink that is Rivella!

14. calydon_road

calydon_road Member

rivella. love it.

15. IA

IA Active Member

yeah well e wouldnt ost you. skiin iss for BBs an DM an thass all there iss to it