1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

SLF Interview

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by QPR999, Feb 9, 2023.

1. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

Well, they came in with the 'ambition' to get to the Premier League and they achieved it. They, and we if you like, are still paying for it.

2. jeffranger

jeffranger Well-Known Member

You must have forgot we were runners up the 1st division & came 6th in premier league , only thing changed is team & owners, so I can’t see we should be a league one side, at present I’m not enjoying going & watching the team struggle but let’s get behind them

3. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

They came in when we had got to the premier League and have ruined us ever since. The financial restraints we find ourselves in are due to many factors. Not generating enough income due to a small ground, which we don't fill anyway, a small fanbase and wreckless spending by the owners.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2023
  4. Sutfol

Sutfol Well-Known Member

I’m not saying we should be a league one side but the impression I get from reading comments on here is that is where people think we should be.
    I think we need to get some better people in to run the club and celebrate it for what it is. A great London club with good history, a loyal fan base and tons of potential. I agree it’s a challenge but our owners need to be smarter. SLF now has a history of bringing in poor players. That is a problem and he needs to go. The only reason he’s here is because he played for us. That’s a heart over head decision which doesn’t usually work well in business.
    Spurs brought back Ledley King as a ‘Club Ambassador’ not a Director of Football. That’s what we should have done with Les.

bobmid and rangercol like this.