1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

so a new striker arrives, where do you play sess?

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by jimjamsafc, Aug 27, 2011.

1. jimjamsafc

jimjamsafc Member

wasted on the flanks? I don't think so, his best movement and passing was there today.

CM? would we be too exposed away from home if we played 4-4-2 with him and catts in the middle?

what if bellamy comes plus another striker? (my feeling is it will be Bendtner, of which I'm rather excited, he is good, just not for Arsenal style of play)

for me Sess should start on the left and have the licence to roam, man utd continually swapped flanks on Monday night, this would make Sess unplayable for defences if he pops up all over the place.

I can tbh only see one striker in which would eliminate the bellamy dilemma

Mig

O'Shea Brown Anton Bardsley

Larson Catts Gardener Sess

Gyan Bendtner

There is no way Bruce would line up like that away from home but the scope is there to bulk out the midfield with Vaughn (who I think maybe the missing piece of the puzzle)

------Catts Vaughn Colback------

Larson------------------------Sess

----------Gyan/Bendtner----------

That would leave Gardener out but tightens up immensely...think this is the best we can do, change our formation and the players within it depending on who we are playing and when would also give us a plan B if things are going wrong which doesn't involve sending all strikers on and hoping for the best

2. MackemsRule

MackemsRule Well-Known Member

Gotta agree on the left and free to roam.
    He clearly relishes running at people and I have been impressed with his tracking back to break up play.
    But that would be assuming we were going out to win with two up top.

3. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

sess always on the left <bubbly>

4. Church

Church New Member

Wouldnt have him on the left as I think we should have a dedicated left footer out there pinging crosses in, which isnt his game. I'd have him behind the front two, linking play, taking players on and therefore taking defenders away from our strikers. We saw yesterday a few situations where he set play up beautifully (lovely pass through to Gyan in the first half, and in the second towards the end when we had that breakaway opportunity also to Gyan) but were unable to take advantage of the situation. He looks like a proper creative midfielder.