1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

So where do we need to strengthen?

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by jayc89, Mar 9, 2011.

1. TheWoolster

TheWoolster New Member

Does no-one here rate Devitt then? I think he could be a cracking little player for us...

Mannone
    Rosenior Gerrard Chester NewLB
    Devitt Koren Greening Stewart
    Fryatt NewST

2. WithsHC

WithsHC Member

i think Devitt just needs to strengthen up a little but i agree he is a good player alot of the crosses he puts in are brilliant and cause a lot of problems also he has a good shot on him

3. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

I think priorities in order are tough center midfielder, center back and a winger. Instead of bringing in a new fast striker, why not play Stewart there if we can get another quick winger? That's where he was by far most effective when playing up top. If we can get those 3 positions sorted on permanents (possibly a Gerrard loan back) then we should be sorted, with our 5 loans and maybe the odd freebie to bulk up the squad. Would also like to secure Evans on a permanent, but if we don't as long as we get the right center mid in we have plenty of midfielders who are good on the ball in Koren, Cairney, Belaid looks promising, possibly Bullard if he stays.

We don't need to go spending 4 or 5 million at all, just a couple of signings and some initiative in terms of squad depth. Look at our form since January, with a couple of the right additions we should be challenging for auto's the whole season.

4. dazzar86

dazzar86 Well-Known Member

Johnson is more of a central player - sort of like Joe Ledley, not quite a central midfielder, not quite a winger - somewhere in-between, IMO - so for that to work, I'd prefer to go for Daniel De Ridder, who showed he'd be good at this level against us in the cup, or, if we could get him (doubt it though) Zoltan Gera - will be mates with Koren from West Brom days (and Bullard if he stays, from Fulham).

Fryatt and Nugent would be a hell of a pertnership - I reckon Nugent is a bit of a billy big boots though and will hold out for a Prem team. I think someone will take a punt on a freebie, so possibly Keogh might be the better option?

5. miff33

miff33 Well-Known Member

Of the players we will have available without loanees or buying anyone.

Duke
    Rosenior, Gardner, Chester, Dawson
    Simpson, Bullard, Oli, Stewart
    Fryatt, Mclean

6. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

Oli has already said he wants to be at Cardiff next season.
    Bullard has already made it clear, even if he hasn't said it directly, that he'd rather be at Ipshit than here.
    Gardner is a pretty poor player to be honest, and he's not got any real strengths.

7. dazzar86

dazzar86 Well-Known Member

Plus, Gardner and Duke are out of contract and I very much doubt they will get new ones.

8. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

To be honest, I'm surprised Duke's stayed so long. He's spent a considerable period of time here and the number of league games he's played amount to less than a full season of Championship football (just). If I were him, I'd have packed up and ****ed off a couple of years ago. However, if he's willing to stay, I'd give another year. I can't see Mannone leaving Arsenal again, let alone staying here for another year, and if he does go it'll be on loan to a lower-Prem team or an Italian/Spanish club. If we could get Guzan, though, who is himself no spring chicken at 26 and will be wanting regular football, I would be very pleased.

9. Horsham_Tiger

Horsham_Tiger Well-Known Member

I can see this for next season:

Mannone

Rosenior Gerrard Hobbs Chester

Belaid New DM Evans Stewart

Fryatt New Striker

as we atart our third season in the top flight....:grin:

10. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

I'll be surprised if Belaid is still with us next season, we're only committed until the end of this season and so far I've seen nothing that suggests he's going to get his deal extended.

There's obviously some talent there and if he gets a couple more opportunities between now and the end of the season, then I hope he takes them, as so far he's just looked very light weight.

11. Horsham_Tiger

Horsham_Tiger Well-Known Member

I can't see us investing too much next year so I was hoping Belaid would come good. Gerrard, Hobbs and Mannone would be great signings to start our 4 years of yo-yo-ing, and then we wouldn't have too much more cash. Two sneaky frees to fill the spare places I reckon!