1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Sochi shame for rari Awards

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by cosicave, Sep 29, 2019.

1. cosicave

cosicave Well-Known Member

Best Driver:
    Worst Driver:
    Luckiest Driver:
    Unluckiest Driver:
    Best Rookie/New Driver:

Best Team:
    Surprise Team:
    Worst Team:
    Best Strategy:
    Worst Strategy:

Best Overtake/Defence (Racecraft):

Most Surprising:
    Least Surprising:
    Funniest moment:
    Excuse of the weekend:

Special Mention:

Race Rating: ?/10

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
  2. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

good title :D
    I need to see the race, missed the first 20 laps live and had a family engagement at 5:30, so have to wait until tomorrow to watch it on C4 catchup.

Number 1 Jasper likes this.
  3. Paul Greasley

Paul Greasley New Member

Best Driver: That was a difficult choice, but I want to vote for Lewis Hamilton. Brilliant qualifying drive, and logical uses Ferrari's shame mistakes.

Worst Driver: Kimi Raikkonen. What happened with him after summer break? Fourth disappointing race in a row.

Luckiest Driver: Of course it's Alex Albon. Yeah, he can make a pack of great overtakes, and it's really cool. BUT1 - all cars which were overtaked aren't stay with Red Bull on one level. BUT2 - Alex's pace is slower than Verstappen's pace on 1 second per lap, not better than Gasly. BUT3 - all his heroic drive starts only after two SC. Let's remember where he was before? He can't overtake Toro Rosso on Hard (Note - he has Red Bull on Medium) in first 18 laps. Another word like a "shame" I can't say. Very contoversal weekend. And yeah - Q1's error was very unnesessary.

Unluckiest Driver: Of course it was Daniil Kvyat. Two mechanical issues in a row, two fully lost FPs, qualify absense, very strange second pit-stop after only one lap (under SC) from Soft to... Soft (!!), and lose guaranteed 2-4 points. And this is on his home race. "Thanks, "Toro Rosso".

Best Rookie/New Driver: Alex Albon, but none of them impress.

Best Team: Mercedes, obviously.
    Surprise Team: Haas. They back to the points.
    Worst Team: Williams. The slowest cars, double DNF. Can be worse than now?
    Best Strategy: Red Bull, in case of Alex Albon.
    Worst Strategy: Ferrari/Toro Rosso/Alfa Romeo - every case with second pit-stop under SC.

Best Overtake/Defence (Racecraft): Albon on Sainz.

Most Surprising: Putin's absence.
    Least Surprising: Grosjean's crash.
    Funniest moment: Hamilton hugs Matryoshka.
    Excuse of the weekend: Toro Rosso's multifailures.

Special Mention: That was interesting experience to watch a qualifying and race (SHOCK - online without SMS, registration and TV-commercial!!!), but for me - it was one of the most boring races in this season.

Race Rating: 3.5/10

cosicave, eddie_squidd and Mr.B like this.
  4. Big Ern

Just watching the highlights, Albon was in 8th when Vettel went out, in front of both medium tyred STR's.

5. Paul Greasley

Paul Greasley New Member

Look at official results of race. Kvyat not used Medium, only Hard-Soft-Soft. As I remember, he overtakes Kvyat at Lap 18-19, and Gasly at Lap 22-23, when he's tyres went off.

6. Big Ern

I was looking for the colours, couldn't see Kvyats as he was so far back, but Gasly and Albon had same tyres on, and he'd passed both before the SC. atm he's doing exactly what Gasly didn't, finishing ahead of the pack.
    Personally I would've put Kvyat in the seat and let Albon do a season in the STR without the pressure, but RBR like to put the drivers under pressure, may as well see if they crack now, rather than when folding when going for a title.

Paul Greasley likes this.