1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Some big announcement apparently

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by swan_and_only, Apr 9, 2016.

1. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

W e played an understrength Chelsea side and i said if they do that we can win.....but even with juniors in their side the dominated the game.....chuffed they could not score and a good lesson learned that you cant field a weakened team and expect to win at this level.......lack of respect by Chelsea and got punished for it.....

aswan_dam likes this.
  2. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

When the takeover was attempted last season I was 100% against it. Little did we know what was going on behind the scenes with one of our Board dipping his wick where it shouldn't have been and causing huge problems, some which will affect us financially.

My view now is that it appears to be a logical step in our journey. We've had a scare this season - thankfully we now have 40 points. We need a major rebuild for next year and that needs cash.

swantastic and ValleyGraduate12 like this.
  3. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

Its not a lack of respect, they had Terry, cahill, Matic, Remy, Hazard, Willian all injured and Costa suspended, saying that mind I think you put this on the wrong thread.

ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
  4. swanseaandproud

I said months ago that the Morgan's want to do other things and i hope this will get rid of them and we get more investors coming onboard...

swantastic and DragonPhilljack like this.
  5. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

that is assuming they will spend when they come in, some come in and cut spending to try and line their pockets. I am 50/50 on this one, depends on the quality of the investors and where they see the club going.

swan_and_only and swantastic like this.
  6. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

This investment deal looks a massive step up from the previous jokers that we kicked into touch, and they are going to leave Huw do what he does best, so it should be of benefit to our club with £100 million investment, though how much of that will go into the stadium and squad is yet to be seen........<ok>

swanseaandproud likes this.
  7. DragonPhilljack

What you are missing is that Franco and Curt are a winning management team, we are on a roll, get with it........<laugh>

8. DragonPhilljack

Latest Live:

We can tonight reveal Swansea City will be taken over by American investors in a sensational deal worth up to £100m.

The deal includes...

• PLANS to push ahead with the purchase and expansion of the Liberty Stadium
    • AIMS to provide finance to invest in the playing squad this summer and improve club infrastructure
    • KEEPING chairman Huw Jenkins in his frontline role at the club
    • PROTECTING the club’s unique set-up at Premier League level with the Supporters Trust retaining both their share and their seat on the board...<ok>

Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
    swan_and_only likes this.
  9. swanseaandproud

Rather this than what the morgans have invested.....they with Jenkins have pocketed millions each so its good to see someone with enough faith to put £100m into the club....

10. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

Phil: I recall you getting carried away in EXACTLY the same way with Monk before you turned on him. Calm down dear! <laugh>

Guidolin got it right today - at least up until the 84th minute when he almost committed suicide. That doesn't make him a great manager - not by a long chalk.

11. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

Surely a concern that the Trust would have questioned them on? I hope anyway.

12. swanseaandproud

The Morgan's have gone by the sound of it.... I hope so now bring Dyer home where he belongs and get him playing again....

seabreeze and DragonPhilljack like this.
  13. DragonPhilljack

I must admit seeing the Go-misser being rolled out did give me the shakes............<laugh>

14. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

Those bullet points sound promising. I'm all for expanding the stadium etc, but it MUST not be at the expense of cash for the team.
    If the trust weren't happy they'd go all out to block the deal like last year, so if they're happy, I'm happy to trust their judgement.

55282 and DragonPhilljack like this.
  15. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

I understand that. I don't want it to happen as there is always a risk of unwanted changes to the Club, but there seems little other alternative if we are to progress or to even maintain our status.

16. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

Agree.

Also, if the Morgan rumours are true etc. It gets rid of him. We need a huge cash injection this summer into the team, we all know that won't happen with current board members.

17. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

Man City winning 2-1 now too.

18. DragonPhilljack

Citeh 2-1 up, just another goal should see us go 12th., actually we are technically 12th at the minute.................<party>

19. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

20. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

If the Supporters are to keep their existing shareholding percentage, then it suggests that the acquisition monies paid will go to the shareholders who are selling ie the yanks and the shareholders have agreed a deal that values the entire club at c£100m. So if the Morgans own 22% (or whatever their exact holding is) then the Yanks pay them £22m.

If they are taking a controlling stake, then other shareholders must be cashing in as well - Brian Katzen?

Presumably, the Yanks have also agreed to pump Loans into the club.