1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Some big announcement apparently

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by swan_and_only, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

<laugh> No Phil, but when a lot of us have criticised Guidolin's tactics and starting lineups you have (correctly) agreed. Now he's got it right for once you've lost your mind. You do have a tendency to get over-excited. You did it with Monk but you weren't alone.

All I'm saying is credit for today, yes. In spades. I completely agree with you on that. But he's got a lot wrong so far so let's see how the rest of the season goes before annointing him Messiah. We've been here before - many times.

You can't make a cautious, pragmatic person who's seen it all before jump on a bandwagon by shouting them down. I don't mean you personally btw.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
  2. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

Come on Phil keep up, that's Dai's mate!! ;)

3. Kifflom!

4. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

:)

5. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

Reading this thread pi$$ed in a beach bar celebrating a fa mastic win.
    So HJ and MM maybe didn't fly to SAm for talks with a new manager but flew to NA for takeover talks.
    Or am I drunk on the sun and 3 brilliant points?And gin fizzes :emoticon-0169-dance

Here comes Klinsmann :emoticon-0160-movie

badwolf and DragonPhilljack like this.
  6. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

badwolf and ValleyGraduate12 like this.
  7. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Correct, but while agreeing, I didn't want him gone, it is far too soon to make that call, you have to give him a chance, and a decent spell of time, and at the minute he's looking like our Manager for next season, by the way what will also swing it with Huw, is the fact that he is not demanding in the contract package either ........<cheers>

PS: And might I remind you also that I had to calm your buddy Trundle down on more than one occasion who was also calling for poor Franco's head, still Trunds is a top poster, and has a keen eye on the offensive game.....<smooch>

8. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

New manager probably won't be Huws decision anymore <whistle>

9. Kifflom!

I never said "I wanted him gone" either. Guidolin's contract is until the end of the season. Too many fans are far too quick to criticise after one result and praise after one result in equal measure. Have you lot learned nothing from the Monk debacle? May I remind you that despite his record on paper most of us were rightly rounding on Guidolin for being far too reactive as a manager and getting us to play bloody awful football. Yet today he's the best thing since sliced bread. <doh>

Credit where it's due? Definitely. We were great today. Guidolin got his lineup and tactics dead right apart from the last 10 minutes when he reverted to type. But he has a way to go to win me over after the tepid, pedestrian crap we've been playing in the past weeks. One swallow does not a Summer make. If he gets it right for the remaining games I'll have a rethink in my assessment.

That's the way I feel about the matter and no amount of abuse or shouting down will change that. <ok>

10. swantastic

swantastic Well-Known Member

Just read elsewhere that the yank aint as good as he sounds just a tart up n cash in merchant !

Stumpy, Taffvalerowdy and seabreeze like this.

11. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

If it ain't broke , don't fix it .
    We have had ALL this success without owing anyone anything , why change it .
    If we screw up in the next few years , rest assured these rich pricks will have it over us with glee .
    We just need to get back to where we've been , stingy with the money and a good expierenced manager with great ties to talent . I think we have him , but I'll take anyone as long as he (or she ....never know ) meet those credentials .
    Although every team will receive great tv money next season , it's the teams that make good teams out of little that will improve the most making a bit more .... That's us !

DragonPhilljack and Kifflom! like this.
  12. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Lets put things in perspective with guildo shall we........I have said before that i love his enthusiasm and i like him as a person but i still maintain we need a seasoned premiership manager.
    Yesterdays game was against a bunch of youngsters that Chelsea were forced to play due to their massive injury problem and that levelled things up and made us favourite to win and we started the game very brightly and i would expect that playing a make shift team of youngsters and we scored to go one up and in control.
    But you have to look at the second half where the HT team talk by the Chelsea manager changed the game and Guildo had no answer as Chelsea were on top and were looking the more likely to score and it was down to ash and co who were brilliant in stopping them but should Chelsea had equalized then we could not complain and that is down to the manager and his tactics in the second half...
    It's all up in the air now with this take over what will happen next season as the Americans have the controlling shares and they can call the shots and im well excited about that as we were desperate for something to happen and im sure these yanks have done their research well to put £100m on the table.
    Until things have settled and they announce who exactly on the board then i can only assume the Morgan's are still there at the moment but not as the controlling share holders and that is good news at least.
    Im looking forward to next season and the future now in anticipation on what these Americans will bring and can only see it as a positive,,
    As far as Guildo is concerned he does deserve some credit as somehow he has got us safe, I dont know how he done it but he has, and should he be the manager next season in our new chapter then i will back him but personally i would rather a seasoned premiership manager to start our new era of what i hope a very successful future...

Stumpy and Kifflom! like this.
  13. swan_and_only

swan_and_only Moderator
    Forum Moderator

Please name this so called seasond premiership manager who plays our type of football.

Mourinho

Rodgers, I think would be decent appointment

Martinez, big no from me because IMO he's an extremely overrated manager and if he comes here he'd take us down like his Wigan team

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  14. Kifflom!

Looks like you've named him yourself. <ok>

Personally I'd go for De Boer/ Bergkamp but Rodgers wouldn't be a bad appointment at all. Having said that, as I mentioned before, if Guidolin's penny has dropped at long last and yesterday wasn't a flash in the pan it could be him. I remain to be convinced for the resons Dai has outlined so let's see how the rest of the season goes.

swanseaandproud likes this.
  15. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

But a leopard cant change his spots and as per usual he reverted to bringing on a defender and hanging on going 5 at the back, you had players running round trying to explain the changes and straight away the went straight through the middle. had he brought Barrow on at that stage we wouldn't have been sitting on the edge of our box, we gave up the midfield when they had out fought Chelsea up to that stage of the game. I really enjoyed 80 mins of that game when we went for it and looked a bit like the old Swansea, but that last 10 was hanging on stuff when there was no need for it to be like that. When something is working why change it and the formation and shape up until 80 mins was working, but as I said earlier he cant help himself and has to revert to parking the bus.

Kiff I am sure De Boer has now been linked to Everton as soon as they sack Martinez and to be fair it is probably a more attractive job than ours. So hopefully it will be Rodgers coming in.

16. swan_and_only

swan_and_only Moderator
    Forum Moderator

Have you ever thought that maybe Guido didn't want to change too much too quickly?

I think he's been cautious because he understands the severity of relegation for a club of our size.

17. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

Now that we are safe swan, we will find out one way or another. If we play the remaining like yesterday, I'll be happy. But, I think Rodgers is already a done deal tbh.

18. swan_and_only

swan_and_only Moderator
    Forum Moderator

Sorry but you'd have to expect Chelsea to throw the kitchen sink at us 1 down 10 mins to go. We needed at that time an extra defender to make up the numbers to cover the extra Chelsea attackers. If a fresh Paloschi was on insted of gomis then I think we would have got our second during that time.

19. Kifflom!

I don't agree. We were coping very well with them, kitchen sink or not. As soon as we changed things we went on to the back foot and looked all at sea. That said, I'm not detracting from Guidolin's game plan prior to that point, but his decision making at the end still has me less than convinced he's the right man for us.

20. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

Totally wrong imo, what we did was invited them on to us which caused us more problems than they had all game, if we had stuck with the same formation and not parked the bus it would have been a more comfortable last 10 for us, we were all over the place, lost all shape and for the only time during that game did I think they would get something out of it. what we did was stop them having to worry about us and just invited them on. Obviously we got the result and great it was, but why oh why does he have to park the bus and piss about with formations every time we are winning, when the way we are playing is working.

Swan so do we have to change formation every time we are winning, I don't remember u doing it in seasons gone by, with our double against man utd, Arsenal, when we beat Man city and probably every other game we have won prior to Guidolin arrived.

Kifflom! likes this.