1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Some big announcement apparently

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by swan_and_only, Apr 9, 2016.

1. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

But it did, because he didn't replace him at all and put the sub on in to a back 5 and left us 1 short in midfield, with others having to cover the width. As I said if the had taken off Montero and put Naughton in front of Taylor and kept 4 at the back with a solid 5 in front of them I get it, but to totally change the formation and then not cover the area where you have just removed a player left us shapeless and a bit exposed.

Kifflom! likes this.
  2. bigkidderz

bigkidderz Well-Known Member

Ah yeah - sorry, I was only referring to mine and Stumpy's posts vs yours and TLF's! Cautious we all should be until the end of the season, then we can reassess with a sense of completion to our assumptions at least.

3. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

Correct TLF. It left massive space in the centre of the park and we struggled from that point. Not 'moaning', just an opinion. :)

4. Kifflom!

BK - Our 'mutual friend' was talking of going to Newcastle. Not sure if you can make it.

5. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

The only mistake that I saw was bringing on that usless Go-miss, which meant we went down to 10 men, why we are still rolling out this joker is beyond me, sooner he's gone the better, Emnes would be a better option.........<cheers>

6. swan_and_only

swan_and_only Moderator
    Forum Moderator

Im not claiming he's the Messiah if you're referring to me!

All I'm saying is that I don't think you are giving him as much credit as he deserves. Not drop it, ye pal

seabreeze and DragonPhilljack like this.
  7. bigkidderz

Yeah, that would have been a decent substitution too to be fair. I'd have moved Routledge to the left and Rangel pushed ahead of Naughton in that case (to protect Rangel's tired legs at that stage - Guidolin protected Rangel's legs in a different way by moving him into right centre back).

At the end of the day, Chelsea were on top - he made a call to concede some of the midfield (which Chelsea were already dominating at that point) and change shape to give what he felt was the best shape to win the game with what he currently had on the pitch (relative fatigue taken into account). If it pays off and leads to a win, he's made a good call.

I genuinely don't believe that there was a change we could have made that would have brought us more into the game. Chelsea had the bit between their teeth and were dominating the ball from around 65 minutes, and what Guidolin did at 80 minutes, whether you agree or not, is made sure that when Chelsea got to our final third, it was damn hard to get through us. It secured the win and Chelsea, bar a blocked effort from Falcao, had no chances to write home about.

As I've always said, it's horses for courses. If we'd made the same substitute against West Brom or Crystal Palace (in fact, we went even more defensive with Amat), then I think differently - that was wrong and I didn't agree with it. Against teams that can't hurt you, there's no need to show that respect to them. Chelsea still boasted players of ridiculously high quality, who have won Champions Leagues, you know they are playing to the last second and have been there before. To think you can just keep plodding along with the same tactics throughout the entire 90 minutes hoping that you don't tire is a little naive in my opinion. You can only substitute 3 players, but we had a lot more than 3 players that put a shift in worthy of coming off and earning an early rest. Even the top teams know when's the right time to defend a lead and when to change shape to protect. It's part of the game and we displayed it very well yesterday.

...in my opinion. ;)

8. bigkidderz

I wish - money has gone elsewhere this year, so unfortunately I'll be giving it a miss this time around! Although I'm certainly gutted to be missing out - the last 2 trips to Newcastle have been my highlight of the season - not just the game, but the night out afterwards!

Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
  9. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

Guido is really tinkering with Naughton ...you were right about Cork , did Britton's job very well yesterday while picking a few pockets .Most enjoyable thing for me yesterday was the " Shots " of Guido on the sideline looking confident , relaxed and healthy.

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  10. DragonPhilljack

I'm with Biigkidderz on this one, agree with his analysis and posts, it's how I saw the game as well, I think some on here need to be a bit more patient with the recovery proccess, we are safe now time to show some appreciation for that, Franco I have met and chatted with, he's a real genuine guy, who you know would get the respect of the dressing room, there is a lot going for Franco, and I think Huw will stick with Curt & Guido, and I think that at the minute would be the correct decision, and nothing to do with euphoria at all, just plain and simple common sense, anyway if I was a betting man then I'd be putting money on Franco next season girls..............<cheers>

11. Kifflom!

Swan and only: "All I'm saying is that I don't think you are giving him as much credit as he deserves"

"This was a great result today"

"If Guidolin proves he can do this consistently until the end of the season he'll go some way to convincing me he's the right man"

"Guidolin got it right today"

"Great lineup and tactics. Guidolin played the team that we've all been screaming for and got at the opposition as we hoped he would."

ALL my posts. Now shut your yap. :)

12. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

This should shut your yaps, Sunderland are losing and Borini smacks himself in the face with the ball in front of goal <laugh>

13. swan_and_only

swan_and_only Moderator
    Forum Moderator

shut my yap <laugh><laugh><laugh>

All I'm saying is, that give him credit for getting us safe. I understand that you're concerned by the way we've been playing recently I've been frustrated also but I think that expectations are too high sometimes.

Look at newcastle under a so called seasoned premiership manager.

14. swan_and_only

swan_and_only Moderator
    Forum Moderator

thats my new saying "shut ya yap" brilliant!!

ValleyGraduate12 and seabreeze like this.
  15. Kifflom!

Glad to oblige. :)

ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
  16. DragonPhilljack

Try and behave now Kiffy, I now it's hard for you, but you've been a good little boy for some considerable time of late, and we are all impressed, so don't spoil it, otherwise we'll chain you to Lesbos...........<laugh>

17. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

I could think of worse things to be chained too :)

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  18. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

I hate changing players when we are playing well and in control just for the sake of it. If the game is going to plan then why use subs in the first place. I just wish that sometimes we would finish the game with the starting line up if there is no real reason to use subs.....The amount of times the opposition have scored in the last 15 minutes because we have changed players and changed the shape is beyond.....Sub player when you have no choice and not for the sake of it when we are on top and in control.....

Kifflom! likes this.
  19. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

If you think that standing in Guido's corner , while he gets us the results , while posters sh:t all over him means he's the Messiah ....then yes , he is .

20. Kifflom!

There's your problem, right there. Criticism isn't ****ting. Check out the favourable comments he got from me and others who share my views after yesterday. That's not ****ting either.

Now, I recently renewed my season ticket. How do you support the Swans? <ok>