1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Some one posted on 606, a bit from DS, thought it would be funny to read on here!

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Greenarmyjoe, May 27, 2011.

1. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

"I'm in
    by devonsurfer (U10807578) 21 April 2008

I have been hovering on the fence for the last few weeks trying to decide whether or not to invest in a season ticket for next year.
    I have decided I am going to do it and not just me but my Mrs. too and my son. We are going to sacrifice our Sky TV package and cut back in some other areas of our expenses in order to fund it.

I have been very critical lately because of the shambles our team has become over the last 8 games. However I am liking what I am hearing from Sturrock, I am liking what I am hearing about the Japanese investment, I am liking what I am hearing about the clubs ambitions for the coming years. In summary Argyle have done exactly what I would have asked for in light of our current plight and I am proud to put my name and my money forward for the Green March 2008/09.
    It's going to be tough to recruit enough new fans to sustain this advance but it's not impossible. I am a new fan and I'm also very hard to please and very tight with my purse strings! but now I'm sold to the cause so it is possible, if I can be recruited then so can many others.
    Let's hope this summers plans make us strong for next year. More wins and quality football on display next year will breed more fans.

I'm in"

I miss the days when DS was optimistic, though it did take some serious exploring to find it.<party>

2. Greenarmyjoe

What a ****er the man is! A good find by that man sam.

I bet there are lots of posts that could be found he wrote.

3. greenjock

greenjock Member

Devonsurfer makes my ****ing blood boil. The twat jumped on the Argyle bandwagon a few short years ago and is now the biggest expert on our club ever! He's always right according to him and when he's wrong he just ignores any evidence to the contrary. Some of the things he used to say were actually close to being valid points but the way he tried ramming it down peoples throats every day made me sick.

He used to run off and report me to the mods on 606 anytime i pointed out what a prick he was lol

4. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

STOP,PLEASE STOP TALKING ABOUT HIM, he will probably turn up soon enough without being reminded on this sight sooner than later.

Just enjoy it until it happens.

5. WestCountrylalala

WestCountrylalala Active Member
    Forum Moderator

<laugh> There must be many more howlers in the achives of the 606 from the man himself so if anyone has the time to dig them all up before the door closes for good feel free.

6. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Nobody has that much time Reid-all-about-it. When dealing with somebody with verbal diorhia the posts are many. There are plenty of examples on 606 as you say. The knack is to prophecy as many things as possible with several outcomes. Ignore the ones that are off the mark and concentrate on those that are vaguely close at worst. If one is particularly on the money then of course by all means emphasise it to the hilt. Now as a loyal fan of Argyle I of course wanted to see the club both survive and do well. Bit like an indulgent parent who wants to see no ill in it's offspring. I chose to ignore a lot of things in the vain hope that it would be "alright on the night". It wasn't that I couldn't see things wrong. You would have had to have been totally blind and deaf not to. What I did not want to do is put in writing my condemnation of all things Argyle and post doom and gloom all over the place. Does that make me greentinted? Of course it does and why not. My biggest shock which I did not see coming was the financial crisis and how bad it was. I don't remember anyone else predicting this either. Without Administration we WOULD have remained in League One despite the predictions of others. Not highflying maybe but in that league nonetheless. I do not recall anyone predicting Administration either until the finances were public. It is the financial situation that has lead us to where we are not the DUFFs as they are called. They just went along with it.

7. greenjock

greenjock Member

Good shout Sensible, and glad to see you on here. The troll has just had a whole post of mine removed, well it was incredibly sarcastic towards him I must admit, because he wants to be able to say whatever he likes without being questioned and if he is he just ignores it and moves on to the next piece of bullshit his twisted mind has made up.

Of course all Argyle fans could see that things had stalled and then we had gone backwards a few seasons ago, but we had gone from the basement to the Championship in a short space of time and thats his problem, He jumped on the bandwagon then and expected to be watching Man Utd and Liverpool at Home Park in no time. He was one of the most vocal way back calling for us to spend like crazy to achieve the impossible, yet if anyone like you or myself questioned the logic in this when we couldnt fill the ground with more than 15,000 on a good day, we were imbeciles. Thats what gets me more about him than anything, the fact that he wouldnt remember David Friio nevermind Tommy Tynan and yet he was telling lifelong Argyle fans what idiots they were.

He criticised anything to do with Paul Sturrock in a manner that made me sick. Some of the personal insults he threw at Sturrock were nothing short of disgusting no matter how badly we were playing, nevermind that Sturrock had almost single-handedly rescued us from not too disimilar a position we find ourselves in now. And I might add that Paul Stapleton was at the helm when all of this happened and he also came in for similar abuse from the prick.

As several people tried to point out, not all of Sturrocks signings were bad, and some of the bad ones were a result of us trying to compete with the big boys which was exactly what he was screaming for. I mean there was a rumour that Bobo Balde was surplus to requirments at Celtic and Argyle were mentioned as a possible destination, but his wages were £20k a week! How the hell were we supposed to pay those wages on our gates?

Rickie Lambert and Billy Painter were mentioned by DS. Why cant we make an offer of £2 million or so when we have just sold Ebanks-Blake, Norris etc. Well again I'm sure that Leeds and Southampton were able to offer a damn sight more than we were in transfer fees nevermind the bloody wages! But then these are just insignificant points that could be forgotten if you are Devonsurfer! I never heard him screaming what a waste when we signed Emile Mpenza, and in fact I'm pretty sure most people thought it was a really coup bringing him to Home Park on a free transfer. In hindsight it was an absolute waste of a huge sum of money in wages while he was sat "injured" in a hotel room, but this guy was a proven goalscorer and at least Sturrock managed to get him here.

Anyway great to have you onboard sensible and hopefully once 606 finally dies a death many more of the old regulars from 606 will sign up on here.

8. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Hi greenjock. It gets up my nose as well but then I have lived long enough to know that for every one person who cares about something there is an alter ego arsehole in a parrallel Universe. There is a new thread on 606 by the toad giving one last blast. Last time I looked not one response from anyone Argyle. Just some guy advertising yet another alternative to 606.

You know as well as I do that the biggest cry of all was the lack of splashing the cash as you say above. Not one mention of that now is there. Given that it was that which has lead us to this point it is best ignored if you have a trumpet to blow. Logic never really ever played a part in thinking or posting. I could give a master plan right now to right all of Argyle's wrongs. It would never be tried or tested, never be costed or never have any thought to where any of the money would come from. Therefore I could never be wrong. It's easy to do but far harder to find the way to impliment it. He has said he has no intention of going onto any other forum. With an ego that size I find it hard to believe and predict he will appear. This is counter psychology in the hope he reads this and doesn't appear just to prove me wrong and himself right. Good plan eh?

9. Greenarmyjoe

ds is removing all posts that have a pop at him.

He has been an Argyle Fan for one year then jumped ship as it wasn't going his way. ****er.
    He was not prepared to ride it out, but i bet as soon as we do start to rise again, he will return, probably under a new name! Total arse hole.
    He could do with a good hiding!
    I started supporting Argyle in the 70s whilst at school, and have followed them all over the country and still will, at least i will get to some grounds this year i have not visited before.
    Lets not mention that stupid pricks name no more on here ,

10. akagreengull2

akagreengull2 Member

Agree plymborn we really don't need to talk about,you know who,have just posted my last 606 thread and instructed him to sod off,he says he won't be going onto any other sites -but hardly a man of his word is he?.Anyway looking forward to continuing debate with familiar bloggers-all the best everyone talk with you soon,cheers.

11. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

aka...........I have no idea who or what your talking about...............a bile free website surely thats not possible ....is it ???

12. Plymjools

Plymjools Active Member
    Forum Moderator

Found another lol

comment by devonsurfer (U10807578)
    posted Oct 7, 2008

For the first time in a long time I feel that potentially we are on a road to success. We are storming with our 'less able' squad and some of our suspect players from last season have come out firing on incredible form Fallon and Clark to name just two. We also have a very, very strong bench waiting for their chance to show they are better than our already storming current squad.

That said I can't help but think it's all too good to be true and that Argyle reality will soon return.

One things for sure we have an unbelievable opportunity now to really have a go, a solid team full of confidence and with a fantastic string of results behind them. We have a bench of players waiting that we only could have dreamed of a few weeks ago. Luggy seems to be fully in control so it's now down to him and his players to maintain the advantage. At least the club is going for it and proving to the world that it is a serious contender.

13. mouldyoldgoat

What dick D is!

14. mouldyoldgoat

Thats DS by the way!

15. greenjock

greenjock Member

Couldnt resist copying and pasting that one Gat. He removed it once so I posted it again and its the last one on his thread. Oh if that really is the end he will be able to see it always lmfao. Just shows what a complete prat he actually is after all the **** he gave Sturrock and Fallon finding that was priceless. Nice one Gat.

16. homepark_hobo

homepark_hobo Member

I was not a member when DS actually supported the cause. Made interesting reading.

It is almost like the negative results and comments on 606 over the last two seasons transformed him into the pathetic hypocrite we know today.

17. greenjock

greenjock Member

Thats what we've all been on about hobo. He's the biggest lying hypocrite i've had the misfortune to come across, but I guess its time to move on now on not606 and actually have decent discussion about Argyle

18. Greenarmyjoe

Ds has more faces than Big Ben., total arse hole

19. Greenarmyjoe

How does the ignore button work, and how do you select it?

20. mexijan

mexijan Active Member

:emoticon-0127-lipss they even have an icon specially for DS on here!!

:emoticon-0103-cool: site!!