1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Sorry to say, but we are so **** at the back !

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Norway-jack, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Norway-jack

Norway-jack Well-Known Member

Laudrup needs to try and do something here, we are pissing goals due to sloppy play and big time Charlie errors, our mnager set the team up perfect today and lets be honest we should have been looking at a point at least considering how we controlled the ball and the game, we were slow out of the blocks and didn't wake up until a goal down due to Ben sleeping and getting the wrong side of his man , im getting really pissed off with us doing everything right on the field and our defenders fooking it up at the back !

Before kick off I would have been so happy to get a point but there was really nothing much in Southampton at all, credit to them for the win they took the gifts on offer and had a lucky 3 pts.

The question for me is what we do about it . There is no point in watching our team out play the opposition if everytime there is a long ball we get a 50-50 chance of them scoring.

that team should have got something,Dyer had his best game for a while, Bony was a handful even some of the crossing was decent !

Chico is beginning to really piss me off, he needs to be the responsibl one not the guy taking chances on his own area, all im seeing from him is theatrics and very little professional play, he is always trying to score a bicycle kick instead of laying the ball off to a better placed player and he is always trying to out fox his attacker by being clever instead of playing his percentages, hence why they scored, he should have juped not tried to shield the ball and turn the player, why do the simple thing when the flash thing looks much better on TV I guess.

Amat I thought did really well, he is growing and while made a few errors he did the right things with the ball. chico is a wonderful footballer but he needs to ****ing be a defender before anything else, im getting fed up of him always being carlos kick a ball rolling around and throwing his arms up in the air and diving on the floor.

Michu was very poor today also, he tried his best but it aint coming off for him.

The amount of chances we created and ****ed up was probably one of our highest, if we cant convert then we are going to struggle, some of those chances were as good as your going to get at this level, Bony had a great game and maybe if he had played more games he would be a fraction sharper in front of goal, he played well though.

Southampton are the same level as us and im stunned that was a 0-2 game. If they won buy out playing us then fair enough, I can take that, I cant however take us being so **** at the back that everytime the opposition is in our final 3rd I think something is going to go wrong!

Yet again Vorm has shown to me he is trading off past glory . He seems to be a yard slower than this time last year and I feel he should have done better with both goals, granted the first one was a cracking finish but how many times have we seen vorm out faster and launching himself at the ball pushing it over ? he has lost something for me, even the second goal he seemed to be reluctant to come off his line and slow to get down to save the shot.

I know im a bit pissed writing this so I expect the PC brigade to defend all of the above. In my book these are the games where the players take stick if they fook up, these are the games that will keep us up, these are the games that are bread and butter, we cant act like ****ing idiots at the back all the time and expet to win , im getting really pissed off with it.

Sorry for the rant but lets be honest here, most of our defeats this season can be put down to the likes of Ben ,chico ,rangel and ash/amat its almost like a few of them don't have that leve of respect for the opposition, chico seems to think he is the dogs bollocks ,well if he was all that he wouldn't be driving around Swansea in his ****ing Ferarri he would be driving around Madrid or Barca in it .

Laudrup sort em out or it will be a long hard season!

Apart from daft errore I thought we were great today and a lot of the boys can hold their heads up high after that <ok>

2. mustyfrog

mustyfrog Well-Known Member

agree totally, I turned channels to watch the golf after watching 60 minutes of crap. dyer was good, michu was awful I will not go on

3. swanselona

swanselona Well-Known Member

He gets it wrong (according to some fans) by trying to play Michu up front and shore up defence, so today he plays Bony up front, which meant our defence was more vulnerable, is there any surprise. Amat is a good defender, but we haven't got a replacement for Williams, and until he is back, we need to remember we are Swansea City, not Barcelona, and protect the back line.

Like I have been harping on the past week or so. ANY TEAM WHO IS MISSING ITS CAPTAIN AND MAIN STAY CENTRE BACK IS GOING TO STRUGGLE, WHY WOULD WE BE ANY DIFFERENT.

4. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

He's also pissing me off by bombing up the pitch with the fcuking ball and is then left out of position when we lose the ball.
    Bring back Garry Monk ;)

5. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

Which is why I said before the window closed we needed another centre back of real quality who can defend and isn't bothered about the fancy passing stuff.

6. swanselona

But Amat can defend, that wasn't a dig at Amat, he is more of a replacement for Chico, what we are missing is that General in defence. Man Utd have Vidic, Man City have Kompany, we have Williams, there is no replacements for these sort of players, when he is on, we can keep our line, and we are really missing him. Yes he can make the odd error, but so do others, but as a captain, he is our rock. Monk is the closest thing we have to Williams, but he is getting on, we need someone new that isn't afraid to get stuck in. He won't replace Williams general role, but he needs to have the balls to get stuck in.

7. Jokeren1943

Jokeren1943 Member

Michu played way to far back. What is the point of having a quality player like Michu if he only runs around at the middle.

8. swanselona

Would you have played him up front? ;)

9. Norway-jack

We all thought we needed defensive cover didn't we.

This has nothing to do with protecting the defence Swansalona this is purely down to individual errors, something Ben and Chico/Amat were guilty of for both goals . the tactics were bang on correct and playing bony and michu were not the reason for us spunking away 2 goals .

The reason we lost 2 goals was purely down to Ben being sloppy and getting the wrong side of his man, Vorm being slow to react or attempt any form of a save (something he seems to do a lot of these days ) then amat missing a header most local league players would make,then chico trying to be a clever cnunt be shielding the ball and playing it rater than using his body,strength and power to header the fooking thing away, least if he headed the ball it gives others a chance to get back to help.

He tried to be a clever fooker and got caught,which in effect cost us any chance of taking something from the game .

I don't blame amat I think he is doing well and growing, I blame chico though because he loves all the glamour and does not like the graft, both vorm and chico seem to think their ****e don't stink, its about time they started earning the wages !

the other memebers of the team did well, even though michu was **** he still tried his best ,he can be forgiven for having a few off games, he has after all been carrying us for a season and a half <ok>

10. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

But he is one for the future. We could have done with another more experienced centre half. Can't understand why we didn't go in for Caulker when Cardiff went in for him.

11. Norway-jack

Sorry but those conceded goals have nothing to do with Williams being out they have something to do with Chico being big time Charlie and trying to be too fooking clever for his own good, something that could have also happened if Ash was there.

Same with Ben yet again not getting tight to his runner, he is doing this far too often and somebody needs to point it out to him, it is costing us goals and points, its ok to score at one end but if your a defender you should also be aware that sometimes you actually need to learn the craft of defending ! why let a player get that side of you ? id be bollocked for that in local league football let alone in the prem league.

Williams not playing has no bearing on this result today, they were poor errors and IMO lame goal keeping <ok>

aft errors are costing us and will continue to do so until somebody tells some of these boys they arnt playing for Barca they are playing for Swansea and the workrate must match the ability and passion .

12. Norway-jack

Im quite happy with amat, seems a steadier option than chico at the moment , at least his mistakes are genuine errors not arrogance !

13. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

Agree, the boy has pace to burn also. Will become a very good defender I think in a few years <ok>

14. swans-m

swans-m Well-Known Member

Next game Chico off, ash on. He needs to know his spot is not guaranteed and that he has to perform well to earn it. Amat is always giving it his all as he is trying to prove himself, partner him up with ash and I think we will see a vast improvement at the back.
    Ben is young and is going to make mistakes, that's the downside of having a young fullback. But he brings so much more to our game so I can forgive the little mistakes while he is sill learning.
    Rangel, we look so so much better with him in the team imo. Not sure what's happened to tiendalli but Rangel needs to play as much as we can afford him to.

15. swanselona

When Ash is playing, Chico knows who is boss, Williams will shout orders, hold his arms up to hold the line, we have no-one else like that.

We have no player who is willing to take a knock to stop the ball, which was evident in the second goal. Williams would have been right in there bruises and all.

I agree with Valley that Caulker would have been a great signing for us to take that sort of role.
    I disagree that our back-line don't need cover at the moment. As we have no-one to take control. And a strong defensive line is paramount, Southampton took advantage of our piss poor defensive line so many times today, yet thankfully didn't take full advantage of them.
    However I do agree its still down to individual mistakes at the same time.

3 of the back line today are regular starters, so why else was our back line so piss poor and unorganised, my bet, because we have no-one in there with the mentality to organise the line.

16. Norway-jack

Id be very happy to put amat with ash . chico is far too loose and is playing like a guy that thinks he is the fdefenders answer to messi , well mate, its fooking ****e and we don't need that ,we need solid business like performances not fanct stuff that puts the back line under even more strain .

Ive seen it quite a few times from him now and its pissing me off. Its almost like he wants to grab headlines and not do his job of defending. Amat is neat and tidy and puts in a crunching tackle, he will only improve, chico is playing like a show pony and has been doing it for a while now, with and without ash in the team <ok>

17. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

I also hope he has been roasted by Laudrup and some of the British players for waving the imaginary yellow card again <doh>

18. Norway-jack

we were never going to sign caulker though. apparently it was put to laudrup and th player wanted to come here but luadrup didn't fancy him t that price with his off field problems, liking a drink and a gamble was why DG was hoofed out !

Laudrup plays his boys and I don't see caulks playing instead of chico do you ? I also don't see caulker being happy with bench time

19. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

At his best, Caulker is much better than Chico for me and on a par with Ash. I'd deffinately have him in my back four, with Ash, Chico and Amat fighting to play alongside him. That would give great competition for places in the back four, something which we unfortunetly lack in abundance at the moment.

20. Norway-jack

All pointless anyway, he is playing for Cardiff now and doing reasonably well there , good luck to him . I class him and chico as about the same, problem with chico is that he seems to think he isn't a defender anymore <ok>