1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Southampton v Leicester City Friday night football 25.10.2019 8pm

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by RedandWhiteManofKent, Oct 20, 2019.

1. Saints Fan4Life

Saints Fan4Life Well-Known Member

The MOTM has got to be the referees full time whistle, right? What a performance.

thereisonlyoneno7 likes this.
  2. VocalMinority

VocalMinority Well-Known Member

you just lost to us so us doing badly just makes you look even more ****. biggest silver lining i've found four today actually.

3. Toss saints

Toss saints Well-Known Member

I thought it was a noticeable to how we started against Man it's compared to recently. In the first 15 minutes we were buzzing around them like wasps. Recently we have started games so slowly and always looking to pass the ball back. My boy asked me tonight who is your favourite player, and I could not answer ( probably Ings - he puts it in). Very few , if any bleed red and white. Can any of you older fans imagine Jimmy Case or Mark Dennis settling for that performance from their team mates tonight. I think we just have a gutless team and Ralph has an impossible job. And when they don't want to do the hard yards, he has lost the squad. They are an embarrassment. Ralph look extremely dejected at the post match interview and I think he will walk, as there is little he can do with that spineless set of characters

manxsaint, Brinkworth Saint and Libby like this.
  4. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

I was trying to be nice dammit <grr>

5. thereisonlyoneno7

thereisonlyoneno7 Well-Known Member

Hey , look oj the bright side. Newcastle many lose 8-0 to go below us...

6. Libby

Libby 9-0

Wouldn't surprise me to see him walk either.

7. SaintLapras

SaintLapras Well-Known Member

Well I'm glad we've helped you find some kind of light in this dark situation

8. LincolnSaint

LincolnSaint Well-Known Member

Has Ralph done his press conference yet? I can't find it on any of saints social media sites

9. Toss saints

Toss saints Well-Known Member

Did one on sky. Very dejected, accepted all the blame and refused to single out players in the team, but called it a non performance

10. garysfc

garysfc Well-Known Member

He / “we” got him at the 11 hour plus 1 & only on loan. Don’t think he was a prime target. Just saying!

fatletiss likes this.

11. thereisonlyoneno7

43 years of watching football. Never left at half time ever.

12. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

Oh we are

13. Libby

Libby 9-0

Conceded 16 goals in last 3 home matches.

14. LincolnSaint

LincolnSaint Well-Known Member

Thanks mate

15. thereisonlyoneno7

lol so 7 in 2 #glasshalffull

Libby likes this.
  16. Ian Thumwood

Ian Thumwood Well-Known Member

I cannot ever recall seeing a worse performance by a Saints side in 45 years if following the team. Part of me felt sorry for Ralph as the team should have been overhauled root and branch over the summer. We have had issues with the core of this team for the best part of three seasons and it was clear to everyone that it could not be allowed to continue in to 19/20. Unfortunately the total rebuilding of the defence that was necessary did not take place and without this foundation I think any manager would have struggled.

However, I would have to say that the last home performances against Bournemouth and Chelsea were not acceptable. After tonight, I really think there is not way back for Ralph. That kind of performance is unacceptable in any profession and if there doubts beforehand about his ability, I feel tonight's match has demonstrated that he is unfortunately not the man for the job. I cannot see anyone coming back from this kind of result. It is a career ending display, regardless of the number of goals conceded, which no manager is going to bounce back from. I am not sure who Ralph should be replaced by but tonight's result is demonstrative to me of a coach who does not know what he is doing and whose player's seem to have little confidence in his ability. He is a coach who seems to succeed more by motivation as opposed to technical knowledge. Over the last few weeks there have been some posts on here suggesting he is as good as Koeman. I am beginning to think that perhaps he is as hapless as Portlvliet.

Unfortunately the problems are far deeper and I think that Gao needs to radically reconsider how the club is run. The investment needs to be comprehensive in the January window, the mediocre players and coaching staff not suitable for Premiership football need to be binned and the whole structure of the club re-appraised so that it performs at the level it should be expected to achieve. This should have been done in the summer as soon as safety was secured. It is a disgrace that any plans which should have been in place from March onwards were never thoroughly implemented. The board and the players also need to take some of the rap yet I the result tonight is demonstrative that Ralph has to go.

17. Saints Fan4Life

Saints Fan4Life Well-Known Member

The abuse the players were getting as they walked down the tunnel from the fans was great, though ... not ashamed to admit I was one of them.

Saints14 likes this.
  18. garysfc

garysfc Well-Known Member

Dare I say it; would have been better if we were playing MC tonight! If they were winning 5-0 at HT; pretty sure we would have got away with a 6-0 or 6-1. LC were ****fuck good tonight & never took their foot off our throat. Got exactly what we deserved.

Brinkworth Saint likes this.
  19. Brinkworth Saint

Brinkworth Saint Well-Known Member

Been watching them since 1956, without doubt the most embarrassing performance yet seen with Saints.
    Not sure what should happen next, give it a few days but where the steel is going to come from is my main concern. They were putting 10+ passes together so often, whilst we couldn’t keep the ball for more than 2or 4 before giving it straight back. Our passing is absolutely the worst I’ve seen in many years.

Velcro Roy likes this.
  20. thereisonlyoneno7

I hate to agree with Ian, but you simply do not lose 9-0. End of.

God I am going to be unbearable for the next few days.