1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Southampton v Man City 7pm, 5th July, BBC One

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by tomw24, Jun 29, 2020.

1. mowgli

mowgli Well-Known Member

A point I have made pretty much every transfer window since Ralph arrived is that I would prefer him to develop the players we have than fork out mega bucks on players in an inflated market. Under his leadership all those that played last night have shown significant improvement apart from maybe Bertie, Bednarek and Romeu who were good to start with (and KWP). With a good coach, it is so much easier to live within your financial means.

That team without superstars but with hard working team members, is the trademark of the successful sides under Adkins, Poch and Koeman. It also explains why some of the players leaving failed to live up to their hype when playing in sides like Liverpool, Arsenal and Man U.

thereisonlyoneno7 likes this.
  2. saintrichie123

saintrichie123 Well-Known Member

I actually subscribe to amazon prime, I think it’s £7.99 a month, but with that you get some football, prime tv, quicker deliveries when you buy anything online.
    Plus I can download films onto a tablet, so when on a plane for example I can watch a film of my choice.

3. tomw24

tomw24 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Saints v Man City has become the most watched PL TV game with 5.7 million viewers. Che really did pick his moment. <laugh>

4. Lemons and Oranges

Lemons and Oranges Well-Known Member

All this discussion (OK, wholly instigated by me) about the Everton game has highlighted one important issue: Where's the informative match thread from Tom?

How can we forget the craftmanship involved in:

This depth of insight is rare indeed. So come on Tom, how about another? What about: "Everton's next - any thoughts?" As you can see, I'm bored at work :angel::angel:

5. saintrichie123

6. Lemons and Oranges

Sounds good. Now I just need to persuade Mrs L&O that we need another Football Stream. I know that Amazon Prime shows films etc, but for some strange reason Mrs L&O always suspects that Saints are involved somehow. Like the time I changed the house name to 'The Dell', or painted our children Red and White

7. Lemons and Oranges

This does rather highlight the disparity between Free to Air TV and any subscription channel. Or did everyone know that we were going to win by a combination of football genius and Alamo/Rorkes Drift-inspired defending?

8. saintrichie123

Go with the free trial and if it’s not for you it’s easy to cancel.
    I also like it for when we visit the mother in law , as she watches old episodes of call the midwife or Heartbeat.....and I won’t watch that so I watch what I want to.
    Pisses her right off, but then she shouldn’t watch crap <laugh>

Lemons and Oranges likes this.
  9. ----HistoryRepeating----

----HistoryRepeating---- Well-Known Member

when did you see a match with no mistakes?

---------------------

The literal police are missing a detective! <laugh>

Those three I mentioned are all accidents waiting to happen. And I'm pretty bored of giving them time and getting nothing back. Get rid.

10. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

I had used the fee month already so during the period amazon had 2 of our games earlier this season (near Xmas time ) i paid for the month as it was worth considering the free delivery . Point of this is that it is really easy to cancel online .

PS really enjoyed the game and congrats on the result . You can start to see where the Klopp comparisons came from .

tomw24 and OddRiverOakWizards like this.

11. St. Luigi Scrosoppi

St. Luigi Scrosoppi Well-Known Member

I am not signed into Amazon Prime but received this email:

Screenshot (641).png

12. San Tejón

San Tejón Well-Known Member

Oi. Stop dissing Heartbeat! :emoticon-0169-dance
    Watching that is (was) my guilty secret.
    Nothing wrong with a programme that depicts how gentle life used to be, when cops would attend any burglary, and not just give an incident number.
    Oh and the music and mini skirts aren’t too bad either. :emoticon-0111-blush

saintrichie123 and davecg69 like this.
  13. Lemons and Oranges

Thanks, Luigi. I've just tried to select 'Amazon Prime', and it seems to work.

14. San Tejón

San Tejón Well-Known Member

Watched the highlights again today and picking up on comments I made yesterday, I would like to reiterate how disciplined we were in the tackle, something that isn’t always easy when you are pressing quickly against a team that moves the ball so swiftly.
    The moment that really impressed me, about our desire NOT to dive in, was in the second half when David Silva spun 180 on the ball and brought the save from McCarthy.
    IMO, Silva should have scored, but in many games we wouldn’t have given McCarthy the chance to stop a shot in open play, as we would have tripped Silva and conceded a penalty, which would have been easier to score.
    City only had 7 free kicks, which must be one of the lowest totals they have had all season. I am quite impressed with that.

15. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

Whilst I generally agree with this, I think we had a bit more quality under all those managers than we do now.

16. Libby

Libby 9-0

Never mind the email, I'm impressed you knew how to block out your name :bandit:

17. Lemons and Oranges

That's his Amazon Log In name!

18. St. Luigi Scrosoppi

My mate is a Tory part member so I asked him how do you redact a document to get rid of the incriminating bits and he showed me how to do it straight away, Apparently he has been doing it for years. You aren't allowed to join the party without first learning this skill so essential for a Tory politician.

19. Libby

Libby 9-0

No politics please. Fanks.

20. St. Luigi Scrosoppi

Life is politics as is football.