1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread SOUTHAMPTON v WATFORD

Discussion in 'Watford' started by oldfrenchhorn, Sep 7, 2017.

1. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I did wonder. :emoticon-0100-smile

Hornet-Fez likes this.
  2. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Guess who will be last on MOTD tonight. Designed to save a few blushes? <grr>

3. Hornet-Fez

Hornet-Fez Well-Known Member

You have no idea..... thought I'd been banned for a minute...

4. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

No, you have not, but my finger does get itchy sometimes to see how it works. :emoticon-0100-smile

5. Hornet-Fez

when I think I say something I truly think is worthy of a ban I'll just bog off of my own accord. I'm Bolshie, I'm Remain; I'm anti theist; I have no LGBT issues. I love our club. I'm opinionated. (If I can make you smile I will raise my glass, and if you don't like it , well then you can kiss my arse...you can tell me it's wrong but I love....) Whitesnake WW&S

yes indeed

6. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

How could my finger get itchy with someone who understands what is hidden beneath the GT stand. It is more likely to happen when I get stung by a nettle that irritates.

Hornet-Fez likes this.
  7. A1 Horn

A1 Horn Well-Known Member

Unbelievable. Arguably the biggest 'shock' of the day and we still go on last. Soon we'll be on after the late film that follows MOTD!

8. NZHorn

NZHorn Well-Known Member

A team that can only draw at home is clearly destined for relegation.They don't deserve to be anywhere but last.

More seriously, I think the biggest shock of the day was Liverpool.[/QUOTE]

9. Hornet-Fez

Trust me, I properly know what's what in those terms. Meantime I guess we're last on....???

10. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

Nice to see us shoot from outside the area so much!

I see Redmond did his best to score against as usual.

11. Le Tissier's Laces

Le Tissier's Laces Well-Known Member

Well played lads - was nice that at least one team out there had some verve, passion and man, your midfield looks powerful. Chalobah has to be signing of the season at, what was it? £5m?

I really, really wanted us to get Silva when he left Hull.

I really, really, really wish we had now.

Best of luck with the rest of the season. You look like a really exciting team to watch now.

12. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

Capoue had to watch and learn today too.

andytoprankin likes this.
  13. Scullion

Scullion Well-Known Member

Thanks very much BB. Sports Devil is the one I use too, it's the only one that seems to provide streams these days.

14. Scullion

Scullion Well-Known Member

Thanks for letting me know that I can skip to the end of MOTD for our 2 mins and miss out the rest of the rubbish on MOTD. <cheers>

15. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

Yes - don't think Chelsea were too keen to let him go.

Seems to be a lack of goals for you which is a surprise given Long and Austin plus the Italian guy know how to get one.

Redmond is another young player who flatters to deceive.

You will probably be fine though - as I say just need to find the net more/create chances.

16. Le Tissier's Laces

Been a problem now for a couple of seasons. It's not the person right up top (Gabbiadini is class) but getting the ball to him that's the problem for us. Going to be a long season if we don't find a way around that.

17. Jsybarry

Jsybarry Well-Known Member

It is so tempting with your username, and where I live, to say that Le Tissier wasn't the best Channel Islander to play for the Saints but I don't like comparing players in different positions.
    However, it does sound like MLT shows more passion in the Soccer Saturday studio than the current team do on the pitch. There was also the comment that it's not just getting the ball to whichever striker is on the pitch at the time, but once they do, the midfield think that is their job done and none of them head towards the box to provide support - do you think that is an accurate assessment?

18. Le Tissier's Laces

Yeah, leaving Lemina on the bench yesterday whilst we were being bullied by your midfield was a really odd one. Our build up has been so ponderous for the past few seasons that by the time we get near the box, the opposing team has had time to get all their players back, and any shots are blocked. We did try to get Vietto in the transfer window to fill the gaping void at 10 but no joy. Gabbiadini is one of the best finishers around, and makes constant little darting runs but we never pick him out from midfield. Something needs to change.

You guys reminded me of when Pochettino first got hold of our team - energy, teamwork and desire. Pretty much the reasons I was frustrated that we dithered when moving Puel on last season and lost out on Silva to you as a result.

19. andytoprankin

andytoprankin Well-Known Member

Hi LTL. <ok>
    As only a lowly-qualified coach, I fully accept the vast voids in my knowledge base, but it seems like what must be an age-old problem. How exactly do the forwards want the ball played to them and what further support do they need? We've had periods where the manager is fixed in his idea of how football should be played, ignoring the individual strengths of the forwards. If Gabbiadini is making these runs presumably that's how/where he wants the ball played, so why's it not happening? It's almost as if midfielders and forwards train separately and there is a communication breakdown. How does this happen?

20. Le Tissier's Laces

Well quite. I said after one of the earlier games this season that MP should get all the players in for training and just say, "every time you get the ball, look up and try and find this man". Instead we've got into a habit of the sideways pass. Gabbiadini needs the ball played into channels (alternatively a low near post cross if from wide). We did try, maybe twice in the first half, but never made the pass (and trust me, trying twice is two times better than it has been recently).

He's great peeling off the shoulder of the last defender - he's not great if you try and play him like Pelle and lump balls up to him. He needs that early slide ball between the two CBs. Thing is we can all see it, so you'd hope that a professional footballer, and moreover a professional team of coaches can see that too. It just doesn't seem to be sinking in.

Very, very early days for Pellegrino though, but he's going to need to start showing what he's all about very soon. We have a horror run of games through December and January and can't afford a slow start. Put it this way, we've failed to score in 9 of our last 12 games. If that ain't a pattern, I don't know what is....

andytoprankin likes this.