1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Southampton Vs Leicester 1/12/21 19:30

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by SaintsForTheWin, Nov 29, 2021.

1. Saintmagic

Saintmagic Well-Known Member

That’s exactly the point though. You show the forward more of the other side of the goal as it’s harder to bend the ball there rather than drill it near post. If he pings it perfectly into the far corner then fair enough, much less chance of him doing that than the near post finish

2. Saintmagic

Saintmagic Well-Known Member

I think he wasn’t too much at fault for the first goal tbh. He saw it late and did well to save it in the first place, was unfortunate where the ball rebounded. We just aren’t going to agree on the second one I think. I think keepers should always protect their near post as the percentages are much higher than pre empting someone bending the ball into the far corner and moving early leaving the near post door open

3. SaintInKuwait

SaintInKuwait Well-Known Member

That’s true, but I’d also be curious to see what the wage bill of the registered squad is and how it compares. Obviously part of our problem is how we really, really wanted to keep Long and Forster, but another part is the money spent on players who were out on loan as we didn’t want them anymore. Also, does that wage figure include top ups that we’re likely paying to players who have taken worse deals elsewhere to leave the club? It probably would I guess.

4. SaintsForTheWin

SaintsForTheWin Any holes a goal

Oh great! Will do it this evening

5. Itchen Masack

Itchen Masack Well-Known Member

Great to see Che going on a run of goals. Really wish Armstrong would join him.

I love the effort he puts in, but he's fast becoming an exact replacement for Long.

6. Ronnie Hotdog (MLsfc)

Ronnie Hotdog (MLsfc) Well-Known Member

Not even halfway in to a his first season at a new club and new league, yet people are already getting frustrated with him.

Besides, he has scored a couple of good goals and got a couple or assists - he has definitely started better than Adams did he as you say, he is now a nice run.

Patience!

7. SaintinNZ

SaintinNZ Well-Known Member

Man that's harsh. He will have to do a lot less than he is for a lot longer than he has to challenge Long.