1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Speculation

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by lewebster, May 23, 2014.

1. Schad

Schad Well-Known Member

Because all of his previous statements have been supported by evidence, sourced by all indications from someone who knows what they're talking about? There are really only two possibilities: either Beefy has, as he has indicated, contact with someone clued in to team affairs, or he is a wizard.

2. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

Either that or he's a guesser who sometimes gets it right.

3. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

For me, there are just too many people who 'refuse' or choose not to accept that it seems a very strong possibility that Shaw and Lallana are likely gone. People who keep on about hard facts and wanting real evidence, to me are edging towards denial. It is not guaranteed that they are off, as things can go wrong, but sometimes you need to see further than that.

4. lamby

lamby Needs a cold shower

Even if all three go we regroup and push on. We have a great club and fans a fantatstic academy and if they leave a massive war chest. Onwards and upwards!

5. Archers Road

Not in denial mate. When there's something to accept, then I'll accept it and move on. Until then, why always assume the worst? I've seen nothing to convince me that Luke Shaw is "a done deal" or that Lallana is 70/30 to do anything other than get some game time in Brazil. I wouldn't bet on (or against) either of those propositions without some evidence to go on.

6. Number 1 Jasper

Number 1 Jasper Well-Known Member

Beefy does have a contact within sfc .

7. lamby

Beefy may be right but as he himself has said nothing has been settled. If it happens we strengthen and move on. I hope it doesnt but loosing a couple of players and a manager wont kill our club.

8. Archers Road

Anybody who lives in Southampton probably knows someone who works in the ticket office/drives the youth team bus/is a groundsman at Staplewood etc. Not sure if that gives them much in the way of inside knowledge of transfer dealings..

9. fatletiss

It wasn't aimed at you Archers, just a general comment. I am not someone who assumes the worst and am an annoying optimist. Many times on here I've been accused of being one of the happy clappers. I just read too often people saying they haven't seen anything to suggest its happening; maybe it is what they haven't seen or heard that is more telling.

Of course I hope I'm wrong. Yesterday I voted MP and Adam to stay with Shaw to go (I think); so I'm not assuming the worst.

10. lamby

Just seen that Luiz gone for £40m so Adam and Luke must be worth at least £50 each:wink:

11. lewebster

lewebster Well-Known Member

The world is going to end tonight at midnight! I have no evidence but this is virtually a done deal.

Some people on here need to be realistic, don't live your life with hope that it won't happen! Be pessimistic like the rest!

What is the point of waiting for facts and confirmation?

12. St. Luigi Scrosoppi

St. Luigi Scrosoppi Well-Known Member

At least and all the cash up front please.

13. fatletiss

I am going out to do the gardening as its not raining. I'll ignore that the ground is very wet and the sky is dark and bleak. The fact is it is not raining, so it can't be going to rain and I won't get wet :)

14. Sotonist

Sotonist Active Member

what I don't understand is why shaw has gone to united where he'll be behind baines in the pecking order.

15. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

If you don't believe me(or DTLW or any other poster on here) that's fine. But you have to look at what the people close to Saints are saying as well. Peach and Blackmore would know a lot of people that work at St Marys and Blackmore himself said he can see Shaw and Lallana going. People go on about there is no evidence yet there is no evidence they will stay either.

16. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

Not pessimistic just being a realist. I choose to tell you info I am told( as does everyone else DTLW etc) if you choose not to believe it that's fine. But you have to think something is going on when Peach and Blackmore are saying the same thing. These are two guys that sometimes work for Southampton fc so can't just go round making **** up.

I would love to be wrong as things would have changed and players stayed. But I and others thought you lot would like to know what is happening. Maybe we should just give positive news?

17. Clem Fandango

Clem Fandango Well-Known Member

We're talking about speculation here, not what you like to do in your garden.

18. Puck

Puck Well-Known Member

Evra has signed a one year extension so I can't see them signing Shaw and Baines. As Baines is 30 this year bringing in Shaw would make a lot more sense.

If Beefy's right this is pretty disappointing. I'll see how the summer goes but I suspect my interest in Saints and football generally may be about to start to tail off again. Hey ho.

19. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

When things go pear-shaped I always swear off football and Saints, then come August I'm back again.

20. Sotonist

Sotonist Active Member

it was a reference to baines having agreed terms with united last season and begging to leave everton.

of course he's not going there now.