1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Speculation

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by lewebster, May 23, 2014.

1. Jose Fonte baby

Jose Fonte baby Well-Known Member

I lost a fair bit of interest in football between around 2006-09. I got back into it when my dad asked if I wanted to go to Wembley for the JPT final. I didn't lose interest because we were a bit crap, I just became more interested in WWE. When I stopped watching that, I became more interested in football.

2. Clem Fandango

Clem Fandango Well-Known Member

I'm regretting saying anything now. I meant I was being sarcastic, ie I knew you were making an analogy (it was a good one btw).

This is going to be a long summer, thank god there's a football match on tonight, also a World Cup... something to talk about.

Also I'm taking a break from the forum next week as I'm off to sunny Spain!

3. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

Oops, sorry! :)

have a good trip to Spain.

4. Puck

Puck Well-Known Member

I thought I'd made it pretty clear by saying "Saints and football generally" but obviously not.

I agree that there's no right or wrong here. If you're happy watching football as it is then fair enough. For me, and it seems for many others, a lot of the appeal goes once the game becomes almost solely about who has the most money.

Actually WWE is an interesting comparison. I used to watch regularly as a kid in the early 90s and then again in the glory years of 1999-2002 and I still keep half an eye on what's going on. The number of people who complain online about how it's not as good as it used to be but still watch every week and buy all the PPVs astounds me. The same principle applies there. The only way things will change is if people stop watching - why would Vince McMahon change his plans when he's making huge sums of money? Stop watching, stop giving him your money and maybe he'll think again!