1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Sport-Verein Rangers von Queens Park vs Leeds

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Jerel Ifil, May 6, 2011.

1. Jerel Ifil

Jerel Ifil Well-Known Member

I think we'll do the double over them, we looked excellent in the Burnley game and hopefully we'll start with McCormack again. The 'promotion party' atmosphere has been sullied but QPR still don't have a huge amount to get fired up about due to the huge cloud of doubt above their heads regarding the whole Faurlin saga. Plus I don't rate their playing style and if Johnson plays like he did last game, he'll keep Taarabt boxed in like we managed to at Elland Road.

2-0 to Leeds is my prediction, come on you Whites!

2. Moltisanti

Moltisanti Member

Don't be surprised if Grayson plomps him straight back on the bench. 1-1. Did I read somewhere that Kisnorbo is close to a return? Cos it will be about ****in time! I'm sick and tired of this season tbh and am just looking forward to some new signings and a new start.

Mate can you answer me a question, as a Mod can you see who adds the tags at the bottom of threads and take them off? I have been on the wind up on the F1 board and I wanna know who deleted my tags, the Mod or the site owner.

3. Jerel Ifil

I think Kisnorbo's back in full training but it's probably not worth the risk of him crocking himself in an effectively pointless match. Might as well ease him in during pre-season.

Tags on threads can be removed by mods or the original creator of the thread. Can't see who's deleted one though, I'd assume it was probably the thread creator.

4. Jerel Ifil

What I've summarized from the game:
    - Schmeichel should be sold before next season, we can still get a fee for him and find a better replacement.
    - Good to see Kisnorbo back, fingers crossed on his future fitness.
    - Leeds fans were superb, mocked the QPR lot all game.
    - We did the double over the Champions, only side to do that. That shows what an incredible attacking side we are.
    - McCormack's goal was fortunate, but he got in the right position and powered a shot on goal, so it's as valid as any other. Looking forward to him and Becchio next season.
    - Gradel was awesome yet again, he wants a new contract, so let's give him whatever he wants. Can't stress what a valuable little player he is.

5. Moltisanti

Moltisanti Member

Are you not a Kasper fan mate? Great to see Paddy back agreed. I cannot stand Paynter, it is a complete pisstake that he's even in the team and thank God we didn't pay a fee for him. I would question why McCormack hasn't been given a run in the team before now. Hopefully Billyboys mate will spend some cash in the summer on a couple of decent defenders and I would love a big central midfield signing.

6. Jerel Ifil

Not a Kasper fan at all. He does too many camera saves (did it on a couple of occasions today) to try get the pundits rating him as some sort of refled got when, in fact, it would be a lot easier just to make the more effective but less sexy catch. The spillage today was abysmal, no Football League goalkeeper should be making that sort of error. He's also looked a lot less confident since his injury which suggests to me that he's mentally weak, he acts like an arse blaming the defenders for everything, has a bad relationship with fans on the internet, his distribution is naff and while he makes himself big and makes a few cracking saves, he attracts a lot of unwanted comparisons and attention relating to his father and generally seems to act too big for his boots. We can do better; his strengths are nothing the likes of Keiren Westwood aren't capable of too.

And yeah a couple of experienced heads are needed to offer leadership. If only to keep a check on the (sometimes naive) tactics of Grayson.

7. BrixtonR

BrixtonR Well-Known Member

Morning Loiner. Just come over to take stock.

As anticipated by both of us, you got the result today which means a creditable double over the champions.

As neither of us expected, we got a massive result too, given all the speculation!

Mind you, the FA are impossible to predict because they're so secretive and incompetent to boot. As for sanctions, the situation's extremely worrying - they seem to make them up as they go??

I think we'll find as the story unfolds, that they more imagined the case than investigated it; and consequently had far too little evidence of wrong doing to make the charges stick. Weird, as ever!

However, and not to crow, when it comes to Yorkshire and London, I think us Rs got the lion's share overall. As a Yorkshireman, Warnock's done more to restore Rangers' pride and position in 14 months than Londoner Ken Bates will ever do for Leeds. For that you have my sympathy.

I'll be watching Leeds' progress with interest but tbh, with Bates at the helm, I won't be holding my breath - and I doubt that you will be either.

8. Jerel Ifil

Our Batesy was a boyhood QPR fan you know. When your board leave this summer after the FA do a U-turn on their Faurlin decision, he might even get to take you over. ;)

9. BrixtonR

BrixtonR Well-Known Member

If wishes were horses... You got a saddle?!

You know you shouldn't keep wishing bad things on people. Negatives have a way of rebounding and you'll end up all bitter and twisted like Dave Jones!

Ciou for now.