1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Spring News

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Mar 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Lots not happy about the FA possibly selling the national stadium.....many have pointed out that £161million of taxpayers and lottery money was used and maybe that should be paid back first.

2. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Since we will still benefit from having Wembley just as we do now, I don't see why it matters. I believe the FA intend spending the money on grass roots football which is a good thing as long as it's well spent. Therein lies the likely problem!

Sent from my mobile phone - E&OE

3. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Luke McCormick announces on instagram that he is leaving the club.....although nothing on the official PAFC website as yet ?

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
  4. notDistantGreen

Injury has ended his career it seems. Great servant to the club.

5. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Strange that there is not something by now on the Club website.....hasn't he told them yet ?......a bit messy personally.

6. notDistantGreen

Possibly there will be an announcement before the game with various awards etc.

7. notDistantGreen

McCormick's statement in the Herald makes no mention of injury just leaving the club. I have to say that fully fit and at his best, he's the best of the many keepers we've seen this season.

8. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

To be fair notdistant he would not get back into the team over Mathews. Agree great servant but also that Argyle have been very supportive and loyal to him in return. Can't see him anywhere else to be honest. Not many clubs would be that forgiving towards him even if the incident is a while ago and he has served his time.

9. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Derek Adams has said that Ryan Taylor will not play again this season.

10. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I have just watched a video interview by McCormick on a pasoti thread with the link. Quite emotional listening. It is such a shame that he ruined so much of his time because without that being there for people to chuck at him he comes across as a really decent bloke and so so fond of Argyle and the people of Plymouth. He is simply moving on presumably having been told his contract won't be renewed. Shame but it happens to the best of players. Whatever anyone thinks of him because of his crime, there is no doubting he has been one hell of a servant to Argyle as we have been good to him. I can't find it easy to forget the problem he created but I cannot not wish him all the very best in the future and would welcome him back as a coach one day if that is the route he ends up taking.

11. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I tried to watch that video as well but was unable to open it up....i'll try again sometime soon.

12. notDistantGreen

Does it explain why he's leaving? I know he lost a bit of form early on this season but he might have been carrying an injury. I'd have thought he had a couple of seasons left in him. With Larrieu, probably the best keeper I've seen in an Argyle shirt.

Having said that, I seem to have have a vague recollection of Jim Furnell saving a penalty in the last minute of a FA Cup tie.....

13. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

With good luck regarding injuries keepers can last into their late 30's......he did play at least one game after his initial injury.....I assume that he will have on going problems with his ankle.....if that is the case why not mention it as the reason for 'leaving'.....he hasn't said retiring as notDistant has commented on....maybe he want's to continue playing at a lower level....but wouldn't a medical show up any weakness in his ankle at any new club that he went to ?
    Maybe he didn't want to be a second fiddle at Argyle....especially with young Michael Cooper proving that he is a future No1 anyway......Cooper would be expecting more recognition next season although he is still young. Letheran seems to be adequate at this level and Matthews is probably aiming for higher things back at Norwich.....but who knows what Adams plans are for the summer clear out that he favours each year.....especially if it means Championship football.

14. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Great goalkeeper for us...wish him all the best!

See Kal Naismith could be up for grabs soon as out of favour at Pompey. ...if we stay in L1 would be a decent signing, surely DA would put him right.

15. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

So McCormick new back in Dec/Jan that Adams would not be offering him a new contract this summer.....they had talked it over and it has given McCormick that freedom to look for another club....not easy for him to find other employment....there will be clubs aware of his past and many fans who will still be reminding him of it.....he will be 35 this summer.

16. notDistantGreen

Adams has said it's unlikely that Remi Matthews will sign for us next season. I'm therefore at a bit of a loss why he's let McCormick go.

17. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I don't think Remi Matthews is within our budget range.....he could be vying for first choice at Norwich next season when Angus Gunn's year loan ends and he returns to Man C.

18. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

There is no chance on this earth that we would be able to sign Remi. One he would command a fee and that lets us out for a start. Two he is well regarded at Norwich and as plym says is possibly going to be No.1 next season at Norwich. I think Luke has come to the end on his time here by natural process. He has made a few cock ups this season and has not been the player he once was even though I still like the guy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.