1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Spring News

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Mar 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Accrington Stanley...0-3...Luton......good result for Argyle.

2. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I see that James Collins is the top scorer in Div 1 with 22 goals....Freddie Ladapo is 6th with 17 goals.

I also see that Barnsley have two players in the top twelve.....Kieffer Moore on 16 and Cauley Woodrow on 14.... a total of 30 goals between them....Barnsley have a total of 74 league goals so far this season.....so even if we successfully stop either scoring....they have accumulated another 44 goals from the rest of the team.

Plymouth have scored 52 goals so far this season....but have leaked 70 goals up to now......3pts on Monday will be some Easter present for Argyle if they can achieve it.....unfortunately the miracle happened on Easter Day.....not on the Monday.

3. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

I'm an empirical sort of guy. When did we do that particular experiment when we weren't 0-1 down with 10 minutes to play?

It would mean not starting Lameiras of course......

4. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Interesting thread on pasoti headed....'Dear Simon'....worth reading.

5. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

If it involves the Grandstand v playing budget "debate", I'll give it a miss.

More interestingly, Argyle have appointed Ian Roscrow as Head of Recruitment. Lyndhurst already knows......

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S9

6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Yes...Ian Roscrow....held similar situations at Swansea, Wigan and Middlesbro.

7. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

Indeed I do! Genuinely funny and in the 30 mins or so I spent with him he seems to know every player around.

8. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Accrington 1-0 up at Doncaster.

9. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

2-0 up at H/T.

10. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Doncaster...1-2...Accrington....Oh dear that doesn't bode well for Saturday.

11. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Wimbledon get a 93 minute equalizer...and a valuable point....having been under siege for most of the match.

12. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The mathmatics of all of this are simple. Beat Accrington and we are safe. Lose and we will need to get a win against Scunthorpe. At least it is in our own hands rather than relying on others.

13. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

No one expected Accrington to go to Doncaster and win tonight...I think they'll be well up to finishing their last home game on a high against us.

.....and with Scunthorpe playing Bradford at home on Saturday....there is a very good chance of us being in the bottom four for the final round of games on the last day of the season.

Will we have any stuffing left in us after Adams disastrous recent management of the team.....and will any player care a stuff....I doubt if many will be around next season and I don't just mean Adams getting rid of them.

It is possible that only Bradford and Walsall will be below us after Saturday....Wimbledon are fighting well and could beat Wycombe on Saturday....which makes us beating Scunthorpe maybe not enough to avoid the drop.

We are dropping like a stone and our current ranking is well down the form charts at the moment....will Adams do the right thing and go if we're playing in Div2 next season....it might be the only way to get rid of him.

14. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

How did Wimbledon get a valuable point at Luton last night.....having to survive 21 shots on goal and 10 of them on target...they themselves had 6 shots on goal...3 of them on target....which gave them a 67% success rate scoring twice....they are fighting to the end....a month or so back they looked dead and buried.

Compare that to Argyle...who were the only relegation candidate not to get any points over Easter....and you wonder how we can buy another point this season....it's a long time back that we last won a game....those 4 points dropped in injury time against Blackpool and Bristol R....would have been like gold dust now.....If we get out of this it will be because of failings in our opponents rather than any fighting spirit from this shower.

Nine games since a win back in March against Rochdale 5-0....who looked dead and gone and who now are safe in mid-table....how did that all happen.....answers on a postcard to Mr Adams.

15. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

16. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Hallett just made a statement that we will run at a loss this season because of the grandstand etc. We will run at a bigger loss if we get relegated!
    Don't like the sound of it, hope nothing going on again!

17. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

No new players then next season or a manager as to costly to replace .. hope fully we stay up :emoticon-0164-cash:

18. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Just had a look at Cam 1 at Home Park....it surprises me that two groundsmen cut the grass with what looks like two bog standard mowers....they must walk mile each time they cut the grass.....I would have though they would have had a bigger sit on job by now.

19. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Bit of good news for a change. Just read on the Herald site that young Cameron Sangster is back after his leg break and has played a match for a full 90 minutes. You may remember me mentioning that I have met him at Derriford Hospital just after he broke it and had a chat with him sitting on a bench outside whilst waiting for a bus. Very polite young man. God to hear he has gotten back into training and has played. Long time for a youngster to be out considering I posted the comments back in October last year. I've heard he is a very good prospect so hopefully he will be back to full strength and knocking on the door of the first team next season. Having been well impressed with him I will be taking a kean interest to see what he does in his future.

20. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Next seasons kit available from 6am Saturday.....so you can buy it before jumping on the coach for Accrington.....so says the Argyle website.....they're not kidding.....personally the new kit (£42 for a shirt) is completely boring and has no style at all....just green with white edging and with you no what spelt across the front.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.