1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

SSN - S'land back on trail of Sess

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by FTM1973, Jan 27, 2011.

1. FTM1973

FTM1973 Active Member

:emoticon-0116-evilgBlack Cats continue Sessegnon trail
    Sunderland still trying for Benin ace
    By Graeme Bailey - Follow me on Twitter @graemebailey Last updated: 27th January 2011

Sessegnon: Talks continue

..Sunderland are still hopeful of signing Paris Saint Germain's Stephane Sessegnon.

Whilst their deal for Sulley Muntari looks likely to go through in the next day or so, their move for Sessegnon has proved more problematic.

The Black Cats have been chasing him for much of this month, and want to take advantage of his spat with coach Antoine Kombouare.

However, PSG have thus far stood firm in their stance of the player.

Sunderland have now upped their bid to €6million plus add-ons, after initial offers of a loan deal, and then €5million fell short of what PSG wanted.

Now PSG look ready to let Sessegnon leave, and it appeared he was set to seal his move on Wednesday - only for another stumbling block to appear.

Despite this, Sunderland assistant boss Erick Black has told the French media that they are still keen on sealing a deal for him.

"Nothing is signed yet," Black, who is fluent in French following his playing spell with Metz, told RMC.

"All parties are in discussions right now, we hope to reach agreement in coming hours."

2. dansafcman

dansafcman Well-Known Member

French Media confirms that Sess did not train yesterday, as he was in the UK talking with Sunderland.

Apparently he did not get prior approval from PSG to go to the UK, but Black smoothed things overs. We also are offering closer to 8million euros, which PSG thinks is fair as they paid 8.5 for him.

From leparisien.fr

3. big_chris

big_chris Guest

as i stated earlier the problem with the deal at present is due to a niggling injury hes carrying

4. dansafcman

dansafcman Well-Known Member

no its not,

the problem is that PSG are holding out for 8 million for him.

I live in France, and go through the french media reports every morning. I trust the sources the French media have, a heck of a lot more than I trust you and your "sauce"

5. big_chris

big_chris Guest

the fee was agreed on wednesday morning at £6.2m , sess then made his way over and had talks which went very well, a preliminary medical check took place in which this problem was discovered

6. mackemwelder

mackemwelder Well-Known Member

Have you had a medical yet chris? you should you muppet

7. Mackem-Tiz

Mackem-Tiz Well-Known Member

Can anyone (fellow mackems) tell me how the hell this site works?! I'm lost!