1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

STADIUM: Register your matchday bubble

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Dave_39, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Dave_39

Dave_39 Well-Known Member

Sunderland AFC is continuing to undertake extensive planning ahead of the 2020-21 season to ensure supporters can return to the Stadium of Light as soon as possible in a safe and socially distanced fashion.

Working alongside supporters’ groups and representatives, the club has today launched a ‘Matchday Bubble’ form on Ticketmaster, which must be completed by ALL 2020-21 season card holders.

This will allow us to determine how many supporters wish to attend under the anticipated safety measures and to help identify the available capacity in line with current guidance from the EFL, the Sports Grounds Safety Authority and the Government.

This information will also be used to strategically develop a socially distanced stadium plan at the Stadium of Light and to ensure as many supporters as possible can attend fixtures to support the team.

Fans can register up to six supporters, including themselves, within their Matchday Bubble, but this must not include anybody outside of your social bubble under any circumstances.

Before completing this form, please ensure your Ticketmaster network is set up. For more information on this process, please click here.

Supporters wishing to attend fixtures on an individual basis and not in a Matchday Bubble must also complete the form, which is available by clicking here.

The deadline to complete this form is 4pm on Friday 28 August.

Please note, seasonal hospitality clients and Black Cats Bar pass holders do not need to complete this form and will instead be contacted directly by a member of the commercial team.

If you have any further questions, please consult the FAQ below or contact the Box Office by emailing [email protected].

Should you require assistance completing the form, the Branch Liaison Council and the SID Project will be running an IT workshop on Monday 24 August at the Beacon of Light. For more information, please contact Cath Reid on 07966 874260 or Joanne Youngson on 07971 166190.

Your cooperation throughout this process will be vital to ensuring as many fans as possible can return to the Stadium of Light, so all at SAFC thank you for your continued support.

SOCIAL BUBBLE FAQ

Should a reduced capacity result in some supporters not being able to attend all fixtures, how will the club determine which season card holders are allowed into the Stadium of Light?

We are committed to ensuring as many 2020-21 season card holders as possible can return to the Stadium of Light as soon as possible, but should demand exceed the numbers permitted to attend under the guidelines set, a ballot system will be introduced.

If a ballot system is required, will I be entered automatically?

Yes, all 2020-21 season card holders will be entered into the ballot for each game. Further details regarding this process will be provided should the system be introduced.

How many people can I have in my Matchday Bubble?

The maximum amount of people that can be added to your Matchday Bubble is six, including yourself. Please consider which family members and friends you have within your social bubble before submitting your selection. Any submissions exceeding six people will not be considered and individuals outside of your social bubble are not permitted to join your Matchday Bubble.

Will Matchday Bubbles be able to enter the ballot collectively?

It is our intention that those within Matchday Bubbles would be able to enter the ballot together and that they would be either successful or unsuccessful as a collective.

Will I be able to sit in my current seat?

We will endeavour to accommodate season card holders in the best available seats, but due to the safety measures anticipated, we would not be able to guarantee any pre-selected seats, or indeed the same seat, at every game.

If I’m attending individually and not as part of a Matchday Bubble, do I still need to fill out the form?

Yes, we still require your registration so we can see how many season card holders are coming on an individual basis.

If I am a season card holder requiring wheelchair access, including a personal assistant, in row 15, can I still use the same position?

Further details will follow in due course.

If I have mobility issues and require seats that are easily accessible, what is the process?

Please complete the form, but also contact the Box Office by emailing [email protected] with your request.

Can I use my season card to gain access into the ground?

No, to ensure the safety protocols put in place are followed, all season card holders will be issued with a digital ticket. Supporters will then use a smartphone (Apple or Android) or similar device to gain access to the stadium.

What do I do if I do not have a smartphone?

A print-at-home service will be made available for supporters unable to use the digital ticketing service. Please note that when using this option, it will be the sole responsibility of the season card holder to print their tickets and bring them to the stadium. The Stadium of Light Box Office will not be able to reprint or issue any tickets on the day of the game.

If I cannot attend a fixture, can I transfer my ticket to someone else?

No, all tickets are non-transferable to ensure social distancing and safety measures are observed.

Can I choose who I attend with on a match-to-match basis?

No, once confirmed, your Matchday Bubble will remain in place for the duration of the 2020-21 season.

https://www.safc.com/news/club-news/2020/august/register-your-matchday-bubble

Random lad likes this.
  2. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

This is horse ****. There’s generally 4 of us go to the match together none of which live together.

It’s completely unworkable other than for families.

3. Dave_39

good point if you going with mates you got no chance now im go on own so lucky that way i guess

4. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Aye, it’s going to be such a strange experience losing the craic you have with those around you. It’s better than nowt but it’s going to be some adjustment.

Gil T Azell likes this.
  5. monty987

monty987 Well-Known Member

i paid for my new card weeks ago but have not yet got my card or membership number so how do i sign up ? i go to matches myself anyhow so might get in to some or i would settle for a live stream for games i cannot get to.

6. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

We carnt get our cards
    There disabled cards and the office shut

Last edited: Aug 21, 2020
  7. Ned Doig

Ned Doig Well-Known Member

Things are going to be very, very different. People need to be understanding of that.

You could either register with your 4 mates or register as individuals.

This will be an absolute nightmare for those trying to ensure a safe environment to allow fans to return.

Nads likes this.
  8. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Aye, I know we gotta do what we gotta do mate.

Ned Doig likes this.
  9. Dave_39

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/safc/

register there using your customer number if you paid you should have a email confirmation with membership number on there

Last edited: Aug 21, 2020
  10. monty987

monty987 Well-Known Member

Well i have got a membership number, so went to register and it came up with prem concourse/west stand etc i am in the east stand so clicked on 'main bowl', and will wait and see what happens. I am registered with ticket master as well.

11. Dave_39

i got first choice main bowl then second choice prem concourse they give you ditigal ticket for the matches

12. Sunderpitt

Sunderpitt Well-Known Member

So if I want to go to the match as an individual...not sure what I have to do, even if it is possible?

13. SporkPie

SporkPie Active Member

Do you not just select yourself as a single individual?

They were saying a few weeks back that the more bubbles there are, the more fans can be let into the ground. As a single fan takes up x amount of empty seats. Then they also have to take into account the amount of fans on the concourses at any time.

I'm just guessing as I held off renewing until we all can go to the games without the hassle of all the social distancing etc.

14. Sunderpitt

Tbh I am not sure whatvis going on, I am on automatic renewal of my season ticket, but have not heard anything...i sometimes go with my son and or grandson, but usually it us just me and the usual lot of old codgers, who obviously I have got to know over the years..
    But a bubble?

15. SporkPie

SporkPie Active Member

It's a strange one as the bubble sort of means to pick people you go to the games with. In the real world at the moment you cannot mingle with x amount of people from x amount of different households.

I should be a spoksman for the Government as that doesn't make it any clearer.

16. Rhinos Legend

Rhinos Legend Well-Known Member

upload_2020-8-21_15-58-21.jpeg

Sunderpitt likes this.
  17. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Strikes me registering as an individual is going to reduce your chances of getting in while it’s limited capacity. Like a solo attendee is wiping out so many seats.

Gil T Azell and Sunderpitt like this.
  18. Sunderpitt

Yeah that is what I reckon, but lots of season ticket holders will be in a similar position, I do gonwith family and friends now and again, perhaps I should apply for 3 tickets?

19. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

I think that’s the way to go, I’d imagine we put down as a bubble of 4 but we all have different addresses, in fact 4 different towns, so how they fit that in with ‘social bubble’ I don’t know.

Sunderpitt likes this.
  20. Milton Nunez's Thong

Milton Nunez's Thong Well-Known Member

I hadn't seen this until this morning, so there may be a few who miss out. If you've renewed your SC, you need to register your 'social bubble' i.e. the people you want to attend matches with.

Even if you want to attend alone, you still need to register. Makes a lot of sense to allow them to plan who sits where, but I can see a lot of people not knowing about this. Deadline is this Friday.

https://www.safc.com/news/club-news/2020/august/register-your-matchday-bubble

Montysoptician likes this.