1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Prediction League Star Player Vs Burton Albion

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by patchy70, Sep 11, 2021.

1. patchy70

patchy70 Well-Known Member

Star Player League 2021/2022
    Burton Albion

Members only need to copy and paste the format below, post into a comment and make your selections, I will do the rest;
    1. 3 points (Man of the Match) -
    2. 2 points (2nd best performing player) -
    3. 1 point (3rd best performing player) -

Competition rules can be found here: https://www.not606.com/threads/star-player-league-2019-2020.375941/

Each thread will remain open until the following times;
    Saturday games will close on a Tuesday evening
    Sunday games will close on a Wednesday evening
    Monday games will close on a Thursday evening
    Tuesday games will close on a Friday evening
    Wednesday games will close on a Saturday evening
    Friday games will close on a Monday evening

brb likes this.
  2. brb

brb CR250

3. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

1. MacDonald - whilst ALL the team worked hard - he was exceptional
    3. Kelman - very impressed - If he repeats his performance, he will please many Gills fans.
    3. Carayol - made several good runs and crosses.
    minus point for lack of respect at the '' false start '' kick off.
    ...... great save by Cumming in the last minute.

I was pleasantly impressed with the overall performance. The result was fair! - both teams could ( and should ) have won the game. THIS level must be the standard for The Gills..... It might not be quite good enough to get into the top 6, but will be pleasing to watch.

.... & good to see itstimupnorth at the game.

patchy70 and brb like this.
  4. WINDYROG

WINDYROG Well-Known Member

BRB, many thanks for these clips much appreciated. Plenty there to be optimistic about!

brb likes this.
  5. brb

brb CR250

From various sources that i'd watched, much in line with alwaysrights choices...

1. Kelman had been hearing good things about him, possibly from Colchester game? Seems like we found ourselves here a very valuable number nine, set up the goal and looks like he's the business. Defo my sort of player.

2. Carayol, a theme occuring here, as alwaysright said, made some good runs.

3. Tucker, difficult choice so many candidates for third place, could easily have gone to Cummings for the last minute save, but I've given it to Jack for keeping pace, narrowing the angle and resisting the tackle for Cummings to complete the save.

I have to remind myself for this game, that we were playing a very decent Burton side or certainly in league position. So a good point to bring away, we actually prevented them from taking 2nd place in the table.

patchy70 and alwaysright like this.
  6. itstimupnorth

itstimupnorth Well-Known Member

Great to see alwaysright at my first game post Covid shutdown. Conversation was limited, though, as the pa system was determined to be the loudest thing on the planet at that time.

I'm taking a somewhat contrary view, insofar as we should have been further ahead at half time as evidenced by the clips, and it was a game that was very winnable. That we managed a draw was ultimately down to some decent defence, although it was without doubt a very strong team performance.

1. Cumming - some fine saves, frequently quick off his line, and predominantly in the right place at the right time.
    2. Tucker - correctly booked for taking out Chapman when he proved a bit too quick and agile, but some excellent positional play and distribution.
    3. MacDonald - huge work rate and found frequently found space for the defence to clear the ball into.

Perhaps more importantly, no-one had a real shocker, but with a bit more composure by the strikers we could have taken the win.

patchy70, alwaysright and brb like this.