1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Stars on your shirts

Discussion in 'The Championship' started by Whiteyorkist, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Jerel Ifil

Jerel Ifil Well-Known Member

I'll return to this thread with another reply when DMD answers my points about the last 50 years (living memory) and about which matches were fixed and the proof of that happening. Till then, he's just a wind-up merchant who's successfully provoked a reaction and continues with his tame personal commentaries. Not that I care really, looking through the evidence again has just reaffirmed in my mind the fact that the people who brought the allegations against Revie were bitter, lying ****s, that the people who humour those fabrications are bitter, inferior lamearses and that Leeds United have truly been one of English football's greats over the last 50 years and remain to this day one of the biggest clubs in the country and one of the biggest club names in the world.

MOT!

2. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

The 'proof' is even in some of your posts you nugget. ;)
    If you genuinely believe everything was squeaky and above board despite many separate but similar allegations and at a time when others have mentioned about some less than legitimate actions at other clubs, I truly pity your ignorance and delusion. You've only got to ponder why Revie failed outside of that environment.

As I said, the facts shows Leeds to be a middling second tier team for the majority of their history to everyone except the desperately deluded.:emoticon-0111-blush

3. MarkoLUFC

MarkoLUFC Well-Known Member

Not to mention he has basically just said all teams were equally as corrupt during that period, which essentially nullifies the accusations. Other clubs were successful during that period, yet somehow their successes were earnt and above board even though "all clubs used bribery and misdeeds in those days"?

Make your mind up, either we were corrupt because all other clubs were corrupt and that's all the evidence you need (Which nullifies the idea that the trophies weren't earnt), since all the other evidence you have provided has been rubbished, or you accept that Leeds United were a powerhouse and the leading force in club football at the time and it's a legacy you are simply jealous of.

4. MarkoLUFC

Except for the fact that the referee was found guilty of match fixing and thrown in jail, and the accusations against Leeds were all but laughed out of court?

The simple fact you have reverted to mocking his intellect and claiming he is trying to sound smart (and succeeding, by any measure. Seems on the ball to me), means you have nothing more to contribute to this non-argument. The simple matter is you can't cope with the fact that your foray into the Premier League made you feel maybe the dynamic had shifted and your little done-nowt, won-nowt tin pot team were going to be the driving force in Yorkshire. You thought Hull City might actually rise above Leeds and the team you so desperately want to consider your "rivals" (even though we care very little for your team, proven by the fact that the majority of football fans in Hull are actually Leeds fans) might actually have to see you as an equal, or a superior.

I hope it was fun while it lasted. 4 years, you managed to sit above us, as a "superior". If you want to define a blip, 4 years in 100 years of history would be an adequate representation.

5. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

And where exactly did I say all clubs were at it trigger?:emoticon-0111-blush

I mentioned earlier nuggets squawking about envy when the facts get in the way. laughable really, like this "victim leeds" they whinge about. Most people don't care much about leeds one way or another, but some of the deluded people representing them do leave them wide open to ridicule. No wonder people from Leeds choose not to follow them.

I love the selective use of dates and figures, let's face it, leeds are less than MK Dons, they're simply the newest Franchise that begged a place in the league after Bates scrapped the original Club and the FL charitably twisted the rules let the newco take it' s place rather than scrapping them as the rules so they should have.:police:<party>

6. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Now, what were Leeds average gates? What are Hull City's average gates? So according to Trigger, every fan at Elland Road was from Hull.;););)

Amazing really, given the local branch of Leeds fans are struggling to fill a minibus.;);););)

And they wonder why people point and laugh at them...:emoticon-0103-cool:

7. MarkoLUFC

Same fans, same history, same club as far as I'm concerned. Just because the business was liquidated and a new one reformed, doesn't mean it's not the same club. MK Dons aren't, as they were originally Wimbledon and as far as I'm aware, Wimbledon is nowhere near Milton Keynes. Also, both are tin pot clubs.

Being from Leeds, I can quite confidently tell you that every single person I know from Leeds either doesn't follow football or is a Leeds United fan. Being born in Leeds, it's just in your blood. We bleed white. I bet people from Hull don't bleed orange.

You used that exact point to back up your feeble argument. You basically said it was commonplace for money to exchange hands discreetly in that period, and as such we're "delusional" for believing Leeds weren't at it the same as everybody else. Maybe reread what you wrote and possibly learn to read deeper into what has been said. What you said heavily implied what I am claiming you meant. But if you need a literal representation, you mentioned the scum tried to bribe Lorimer by buying his parents a house. So they must have been just as corrupt during those times as well! So basically lets nullify the 2 League championships, the 2 FA Cups and their European Cup win (making them the first English club to win it) based on that logic! It doesn't count because they must have fixed the matches because they were corrupt just like you said, just like Leeds and every other top club were in those days.

As much as I'd love to believe that those trophys that the dirty red scum won during that period were bought with backhanders, I won't because I know they weren't.

Regardless of every other fact, accusation, argument, anything else you want to try and throw at Leeds (badly), the Don's Leeds were great for another reason. The team was 20 years ahead of its time. He introduced professionalism to the game. All those off the pitch activities, rules, exercises etc all that rubbish were introduced by the Don. And he took a first hand approach. If the team that changed the game for the better doesn't deserve it's place in history, then I don't know what does. Regardless, the team deserves its place based on the fact that they were the dominant force in world club football. Something Hull City will never be, mostly because they are heading down to League 2 again, where they belong.

8. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

By your own sums, nobody from Leeds bothers with United. Pitiful support from the largest one club City.

To be fair, it was always the wrong place and time to try and get a football franchise running in a rugby town. People saw through the desperate attempts to try to pin the other tainted baubles off the corpse of the old club onto such an artificial construct.

9. MarkoLUFC

Well, it's clear to me it's impossible to have a constructive argument with you since you just blunder through, stick your fingers in your ears like an 8 year old, while saying "la la la" because you don't want to hear your friend claiming his dad can beat up your dad, because as far as your concerned your dad is the best dad in the world and can do anything. So for a bit of fun I'll resort to something akin to what you're doing...

Can't tell if trolling... or just really stupid.

10. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

When you offer something other than the usual deluded nonsense, (which is very much fingers in the ears) I'll consider getting involved in a debate, until such a time I'll effortlessly post the simple facts that make a mockery of your claims to greatness.

Let's face it, so far you've claimed everyone in Elland Road's from Hull and football's never had any corruption. :cheesy::cheesy:

Forgive me if I don't take you too seriously given the background of dishonesty you so proudly attach yourself to.:emoticon-0103-cool::emoticon-0103-cool:

LUFranchiseC. :emoticon-0100-smile

You'd think they'd be glad of the chance for a clean sheet. :cheesy::1980_boogie_down:

11. Whiteyorkist

Whiteyorkist Active Member

Marko, Donald I've realised where you're going wrong with this ****wit. How can you possibly put across a decent argument with out an emoticon in sight. Obviously the sign of a great debater!

What I really find hilarious is a Hull City fan calling Leeds a Rugby town, absolutely priceless.

12. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

;):emoticon-0136-giggl

13. Whiteyorkist

Whiteyorkist Active Member

Congratulations, I don't know if you've been practicing or just a natural but you have achieved your total idiot status.

Well Done!

Why not reply with an emoticon for a change?

14. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Oh dear. TWS chappies often blub if someone hits them with the truthful facts. I blame the admin on their boards being over protective.

History lacking franchise struggling to get locals interested in a rugby town Suck it up and move on ladies.:emoticon-0111-blush

15. MarkoLUFC

Ok I'm bored of this clown. Any chance of a ban Donald?

16. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Bless you sonny, Donny's a mere light weight, but even a full blooded mod can't ban someone for posting truthful opinions, no matter how much it hurts your sensitivities. You're not on a protected leeds board now.;)

17. Jerel Ifil

Jerel Ifil Well-Known Member

The Dog speaketh the truth.

18. MarkoLUFC

You wouldn't be getting banned for truthful opinions, you'd be getting banned for quite obviously trolling, which is a bannable offense on the majority of forums.

If you choose to believe the quite obvious conspiracy against Leeds then that is your choice. I guess you're the kind of person that believes that 9/11 was the work of the US government, the moon landing was a fake, and they have aliens locked away in Area 51.

19. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

20. MarkoLUFC

I have no idea how on earth this clown got moderator but I'd strongly suggest it get removed. This board is, as is the point of forums, for discussion, and he clearly doesn't listen to anything other than the complete drivel that comes out of his own mouth. I've put him on ignore because he's a childish mess and I can't be bothered putting up with this crap anymore. Anything we can do to get him banned? Like who are admins etc. I don't have time for trolling of this magnitude.

Not like anyone will miss him, he's only a Hull City supporter.