1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

** STATEMENT REGARDING GLORY **

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by bucks_is_leeds, Aug 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bucks_is_leeds

bucks_is_leeds Jonny big spuds
    Forum Moderator

A handful of members, both openly and via PM have expressed various concerns over the member account and username Chippy / Glory receiving a ban. The Leeds forum looks a bit of a mess at the moment with fragments of question and answers and repeated questions spilling over into far too many different threads.

We also have a problem with three different mods attempting to answer those questions being thrown at us and if we’re being totally honest we feel some of what has been said has been ignored, overlooked by mistake or slightly twisted.

This thread is an attempt to keep everything in one place, if posts on other threads regarding this subject get deleted or moved into here it is nothing personal, it is just an attempt to not make the entire forum not all about one person.

Bucks, Ristac and Ellandback invited the supermods into a lengthy conversation regarding two issues, first being a user account which was questionable and the second being what we perceived as Glory purposely causing trouble, manipulation, unrest and both abusive behaviour and bullying to an extent that made us feel uncomfortable to witness.

We were asked by @brb how we wanted to proceed in regards to the user account being Glory; Ellandback, Ristac and Bucks all posted the same reply; he deserves a ban, ALL 3 Mods voted to ban Glory but only a Supermod has the ability to actually ban someone, we were told the following morning that Glory has been banned.

How do we define bullying, causing unrest, manipulation, abusive behaviour?

Abusive Behaviour - Remove claims that it was fishing, banter, taking the bait and it is clear for everyone to see that Glory often over stepped the mark, none of us were buying into the claims of if being a fishing trip, it was a get out of jail card used one too many times. This was an opinion shared by other members who have placed complaints against Glory regularly over the past 12 months or more.

Bullying - Fact we have lost members who have previously sent PMs stating that they can’t put up with Glory and his bullying any longer. We have all witnessed what can be perceived as bullying and once again, remove the ‘took the bait’ card and it’s unsavoury to say the least.

Manipulation/Causing Trouble/Unrest - Private messaging members and attempting to manipulate them for his own mischievous cause. We have all witnessed Glory and his attempts to lure Leeds60 into trouble with cleverly worded posts, this is one example, please don’t expect us to start listing them all. In regards to manipulatiion we have a very recent example of this happening...

We have it on hearsay from a valid and respected member that Glory had been in touch with them. Glory told them first hand that a Mod had been in touch with him informing Glory that the vote to ban him was 3-2 in favour with Ristac, Minxy and BRB voting to ban, Bucks and Elland voting to keep.

Nothing could be further from the truth, BRB and Minxy never had a vote and none of the three mods contacted Glory in this manner, it is pure B/S. All three Mods voted to ban Glory

There is only one member of the mod team who contacted him, and that was to wish Steve well health wise.

Glory has attempted to rejoin under different usernames, one account was permitted to continue it was monitored by BRB and he caught a deleted or edited comment stating “Revenge is best served cold” this shows Glory was still up to no good.

Two important questions that need addressing. The length of ban and a very valid point from WJ who has suggested clarification of what defines over stepping the mark, what guidelines or rules are in place.

In regards to the latter and WJs question, we feel it needs discussing with the supermods. One very quick and simple scenario... We implement rules, the member goes into a rival forum, their moderator requests a ban and the member is banned. We don’t feel a set of rules would work unless they were Not606 site wide. It would be for the powers above us to implement, at the moment, we ask for a ban, the supermods agree or disagree.

In regards to the length of ban, nobody is going to be happy, some will scream too long, others too short. There is NO difference of opinion between the mod team, Ristac, Bucks, Elland have NOT discussed any length of time but as the question has been asked today, then in fairness to everyone, those wanting Glory back, those not wanting him back and those not caring we have asked the Supermods to decide.

Doing this means there can be no calls of favouritism, motives or injustice from the three mods. We can also assure everyone that the Supermods have been watching over this forum since the ban so they are fully aware of everyone’s opinions.

2. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

<applause> Thank **** for that, when I saw the thread name I'd thought he was back in...........:biggrin:

3. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

Couldn't give a **** tbh :biggrin:

I was more pissed off about Eric Le Merde, can we have a statement please? <whistle>

Farsleyexile, ristac and Irishshako like this.
  4. Irishshako

<laugh>

5. lifecheshirewhite

Agree with most of what you're saying bucks but not sure asking the guy who has been trying to ban Glory for the last 4-5 years is the way to get an unbiased opinion,no disrespect to brb,but he makes no secret of his dislike of Glory.lol.Hope you can see through your bitter twisted head brb,if not do you take bribes.<cheers>

wakeybreakyheart and ristac like this.
  6. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Minxy might if you dress up as Tony Currie <ok>

7. Irishshako

BRIBES.........how do you think Glory lasted for so long, unless sexual favours were involved:emoticon-0119-puke:

2020VisionofLeeds and OLOF like this.
  8. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Thanks Bucks I think the sensible thing to do is just allow things to cool off and once Steve has sorted his health out and is up to it he makes a request via Marcos or Chesh or whoever to come back. i believe most of us would welcome him back as long as the bitterness has gone. The fishing rod was always well baited and the idea was to catch sprats from other boards visiting, but overtime he was hunting for bear with regular posters who he took a dislike to. Plus he could have a go at anyone who was considered a mate too at times. Lets just put the nasty stuff down to his health and once its sorted get him back in as long as cash is shared evenly

9. Irishshako

<applause>

lifecheshirewhite likes this.
  10. lifecheshirewhite

Out of interest,how did you define Glory trying to rejoin.Are you saying,efforts were made from his home computer,or since Glory has been in Hospital in Leeds for quite some time,is any new member joining in the Leeds area thought to be Glory,if it is,we might have a problem,because there are 1 or 2 Leeds fans live in Leeds.Just asking.<confused>

11. lifecheshirewhite

Well Minxy's easy,if Glory wears a Tony Currie mask,but brb,might have to find a nice piece of land,where he can park his caravan,for a while,maybe in Harrogate.

Irishshako likes this.
  12. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The supermods have the “all seeing eye” and tools, we’re kept up to date of the accounts that have been deleted.

bucks_is_leeds likes this.
  13. lifecheshirewhite

But with the use of mobile phones,if I had a new phone,and being a truck driver,could post from half of England,you couldn't trace who was opening any account.

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  14. Irishshako

Are you about to confess:wink:

15. lifecheshirewhite

You'll never take me alive.<laugh>

<yikes> might have just banned myself,giving away my secrets like that.

Whitejock, OLOF and Irishshako like this.
  16. Irishshako

<laugh> The Yorkshire ripper was a truck driver<yikes>

Farsleyexile, ristac and ellandback like this.
  17. lifecheshirewhite

I set him up on that one :grin:

18. Irishshako

<laugh>............<yikes>

19. lifecheshirewhite

If people start turning up dead now,I'm in trouble <laugh> :police:

20. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I’d just like to add something to this too...

Mike @leeds60 was mentioned in the opening post, before his ban we clashed a little, I’m not denying we didn’t but since his return I’ve got on fine with him. No matter what the outcome of all this is and I’m sure Glory will be looking in and reading... Please take note that Leeds60 has been exemplary in all of this, not once jumping on any bandwagon, no comments good or bad, he has been a real gent in all of this.... Just saying <ok>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.