1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Statistics about promotion to Premiership

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by Bitter & Malicious, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Bitter & Malicious

Bitter & Malicious Well-Known Member

2. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

I don't have the link [paywall], but there was an excellent interview with Burnley manager Sean Dyche in the Sunday Times.

Despite being on the verge of promotion and a £100m Sky TV windfall, Dyche said that he would not steer Burnley "under a bus" next season. Money will mainly be invested on upgrading their training ground.

His comments about signing foreign players were excellent - basically only the big clubs can afford the costly and expensive foreign scouting which not only assesses a player, but also does proper checks on his personal life, professionalism, lifestyle choices etc. In Dyche's words, hundreds of foreign signings are not a success because of this, and are too great a danger to small and medium sized clubs.

Pure common sense and good management, of a type you would never see at Charlton.

Burnley are top of the league, and their starting 11 is entirely British <whistle>

3. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

Could it be that the mysterious Network Scout (aka Karel Fraeye) is thought by Roland to be so cheap that he can afford to subsidise his numerous errors? We know that Roland is a visionary,because he has told us, and the loss on players like Naby Sarr:emoticon-0102-bigsm must be part of his vision.

4. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

Could be, but then again I prefer to trust Sean Dyche's judgement over Meire's when it comes to properly building a football club.

Another one of Dyche's rules is no headphones on the coach and in the stadium - I stood by our player's team coach at Fulham, and just about every player wore headphones.

His comments about scouting players properly are well worth reading. They would be totally lost on the Belgian circus.

ForestHillBilly likes this.
  5. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

Burnley have just recorded a profit of over £30m. I don't suppose Roland is interested, such trifles are beneath a visionary like our Roland.