1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Stats reveal Rs finished 4th in the PL

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by kiwiqpr, Jul 17, 2015.

1. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

QPR: Fascinating stats reveal Rs finished fourth in the Premier League last season - but in what category?
    Rangers hot on shots - not so good at finding the net

• There are lies, damned lies and QPR statistics - but these are particularly revealing.
      By glancing at the attached graph, only four more sides took more shots than Charlie Austin and co last season (see gallery) - but only Aston Villa were more wasteful.
      The Loftus Road groundsman should have added another couple of sneaky inches to the crossbar, and maybe Hoops would be facing Chelsea rather than Fulham when it comes to west London derbies.
      please log in to view this image

Looking first at attacking, the average number of shots taken per match is on the horizontal axis and the average number of shots needed to score each goal is on the vertical. Therefore bottom right is good (taking lots of shots and needing fewer efforts to convert) and top left is bad.
      Their title defence was doomed, but for Manchester City it wasn’t for the lack of trying – they’ve fired in over two additional shots per match than anyone else.
      However, five sides – chief amongst them champions Chelsea – were more clinical in front of goal.
      In the opposite corner, Villa‘s improvements under Tim Sherwood failed to outweigh their earlier goal-shyness. Only Sunderland created fewer chances and they’ve needed six more efforts to score each goal than the average side.

2. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

Great stuff Kiwi. I reckon Swords will find this interesting:emoticon-0148-yes:<laugh>

kiwiqpr likes this.
  3. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Would it be too much to read into this as further evidence that we had no actual plan at all and Redknapp just threw 11 players on the pitch and hoped for the best?

4. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

There were times when we just did not get the luck we needed. No excuses though sadly.

5. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

I agree. Countless games at home especially under Ramsey we lost by a goal when we really deserved something but after a while you have to accept we were just ****. However, we were impressively inventive at finding new ways to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

6. awjm

awjm Well-Known Member

We can all see that's how he managed. He even said it himself in an interview and said it as though he thought anyone else was stupid for thinking there's a better way to manage.

7. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

We certainly added a new dimension to that phrase!! Water, milk, bridges, spilt, crying etc etc.