1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Step up to Southampton .

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, Oct 1, 2021.

1. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Time to get back on track after 2 dodgy games in a row.
    Hopefully everyone is calm and ready to shrug off those losses.

Mendy
    Chalobah Christensen Rudi
    Dave Jorginho Loftus Cheek Chilwell
    Mount Lukaku Werner

Hard choice between Werner, Havertz, Ziyech and CHO, but Werner has that pace. Alonso ,just a rest, Kovacic likewise, they don't deserve dropping on form.

2. Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys

Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys Well-Known Member

Lukaku fast running out of credit with me. Should have scored and missed a sitter again today.
    He has 2 games before I’ll be calling for his head. At 100m he should be banging them in, especially with the service and team he has around him.

good win today despite a tricky second half that could have gone either way had saints not had a man sent off.

3. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Actually think lukakus unlucky. I only caught first 30 mins and wnd half so missed his offside goal. Hes in good spaces a lot but either we hold onto it or we shoot and he doesnt get played in. Hes holding it up pretty well and he played in werner excellently as well as laying it off well imo. He could maybe improve his fitness but hes fine, just not getting the chances except for that sitter at the end.

Im more upset with the persistence of playing werner. Admittedly he scored the goal leading to our win but he doesnt work with lukaku. You would think he would, he makes great runs and hes quick but man is his shooting, ball control and running with the ball terrible. He looks so scared and weak on it all the time, gets the ball in great positions and on the counter but either loses it or the chance is gone cause he goes down blind alleys or turns back.

Just my opinion. I hope chilwell plays more even if he did give away a shocking penalty.

Lastly, chalobah looks the real deal for me. Calm on the ball, positionally well and pretty quick. Its really hard between him or christensen cause christensens also been tremendous for me and most improved defender when i thought we should have got rid 2 years ago. Silva is still solid and most importantly brings the organisation to our defence.

I hope hudson odoi starts showing some form, since his achilles injury 3? Seasons ago, hes not been the same. Hardly ever seen him beat a man and seems to play at half speed when he could play with more pace.

Rlc i think needs to go higher up as hes great at turning his man but his passing and running with the ball doesnt. Saying that this is his only 2nd game in a long time.

Tldr werner needs to be dropped and not get full games

4. Chelsea Pensioner

I think Werner plays best on the left side of front 3, he is not as good anywhere near the centre of attack. CHO has simply not done the job we need. He hasn't improved, doesn't score and simply looks not good enough.
    Pretty good response as a team after 2 poor games.
    Mike Dean as a Ref or a VAR is beyond terrible, needs to be retired by the Refs association. He just can't stop showboating, and ruins too many games.

5. District Line

District Line Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

He scores 1 in every 2 clear chances he gets which is about right for a CF. If we had the kind of creativity Liverpool and City have he'd be on double figures by now.

6. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

I think TT is still trying to find the right player to maximise Lukaku's potential, every successful striker is almost always paired up with a partner that they feed off and to, give it a while it could be Werner but I doubt it, it may be Havertz, Mount, Ziyech or Saul, add Pulisic to that list CHO Ruben as well, there is a wealth of talent at our disposal finding the right blend is what TT is payed to do, I hope he finds it and I'm sure he will. There will be bumps on the way, the road to greatness is rarely smooth, with TT as the navigator I'm full of hope. KTBFFH.

7. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

He's piled the pounds back on in the last 4 weeks or so, he now looks like he did for us and was blowing halfway through the first half (like he did for us).

Bullet tooth Tony likes this.
  8. Bullet tooth Tony

Should have gone to Specsavers.

Diego likes this.
  9. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

They don't do weight loss pills mate <ok>

Bullet tooth Tony likes this.
  10. Bullet tooth Tony

Nor anti fat bastard pills mate believe me.

Diego likes this.

11. Chelsea Pensioner

It's starting to look as if we are a bit unbalanced in our squad positions. We have only 1 proper striker, we have players for either side of striker , Mount, Werner, Ziyech, Havertz, Pulisic, CHO, only 1 left wing back, James, , loads of midfielders, Barkley, Saul, CHO, Jorginho, Kovacic, Kante and, only 1 right back, Rudi.
    Almost too many in some positions and too few in others.
    Nightmare for Audi to get his best 11, and at the same time, get game time for all the others.
    If anyone can though, He'll get there.

12. The Ginger Marks

Get shot of Odoi, he's not Chelsea standard.