1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Stevanage @Deepdale 10 December 2011

Discussion in 'Stevenage' started by themaclad, Dec 8, 2011.

1. themaclad

themaclad Well-Known Member

The first ever meeting between the two clubs on Saturday, give Stevenage credit they have done pretty well this season, beating both Sheffield clubs and Charlton at Broadhall Way. Currently above us in the table but that doesn't take much at the moment.
    They will be organised and extremely hard working under manager Graham Westley.
    Expect an in your face battle on Saturday they are direct and physical and can resort to gamesmanship hence they were often referred to as Cheatanage in the non league.
    It won't be a pretty game.
    Hopefully neither Alexander and Ashbee will play stick to the side that won at Hartlepool but will Tango Man do that?

2. tommyt

tommyt Member

"They will be organised and extremely hard working".

While we will be "Completely disorganised and run around a lot but to no purpose"

3. Fredcarter 55

Fredcarter 55 New Member

I hope we win on saturday, will be a close thing, only one goal in it. We need to start somewhere and, soon.

4. themaclad

The afternoon didn't start well, realised when I got to the ground that I'd left my season ticket aon the dining room title 20 miles around. Managed to persuade the ticket office to give me a ticket for nothing which they did.
    On the pitch things started badly with North End captain being substituted within the first minute because of injury. What followed for the next 45 minutes was absolute dross, I've had more excitement having teeth root filled.
    Apart from one save by Stuckmann in the Preston goal there was little else to remember. The ball spent most of the times being blasted into out of space. Stevenage players fell down with great regularity and the referee and lines man were not much cop either. Goalless at half time the 2nd half could only be better.
    North End brought on talisman Iain Hume and went to a 442 formation and immediately looked better. Though not by much.
    Enter into the fray Darius Charles a man mountain for Stevenage, almost immediately he brought a superb one handed save from Stuckmann. Charles also looked like he could be a rival to Tom Daley as two majestic dives earned him 95 95 99 from the crowd.
    North End nearly took the lead when Mayor went on a mazy run before hitting the post with a shot from 20 yards. However another Stevenage sub by the name of Chuks Aneke twice nearly scored one from 40 yards which went narrowly wide.
    As the game drifted to a close North End nearly snatched a winner at the death, Smith and Mayor linked well down the left, Smith deep cross was inch perfect for Hume whose's effort was well saved by Day to keep the scores level.

Preston North End 0 Stevenage 0 Att 9400

5. FILEYseadog

FILEYseadog Well-Known Member

Come on preston let's have a winning run....iv got you to go up with Huddersfield . Do you think it's possible mac lad for things to turn around and Preston to start winning a few ... What's gone wrong after such a decent start ? All the best ..

6. themaclad

Injuries and Tango Man's strange team selections.We've won 1 in 10 and are still only 5 points from 6th place.

7. dem_on

dem_on Member

Ah yes!! I remember the feeling.

8. barnetpne

barnetpne Well-Known Member

Saw the 'highlights' & it looked as though our defence backed off so much they seemed to be afraid of their own tail...reminded me of David Cameron last week.