1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Steve Cotterill and support today

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Red Alert, Dec 13, 2014.

1. Red Alert

Red Alert Well-Known Member

Gesticulating at the Williams and the pitch to give the team more support. A disappointment this season is the odd atmosphere. A gap behind one goal should not make that much difference.

2. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

The atmosphere this season is as good as it has for a very long time.

Cotterill was 'Gesticulating at the Williams' to help lift his team over the line.
    They'd played 3 games in a week and fatigue was a big factor today.
    He wanted City fans to do his job for the last few minutes.

His words not mine.

3. Lan Logger

Lan Logger Well-Known Member

Thought atmosphere was improved, Williams were loud for most of the game and ex slag harrold coming on seemed to rile a few up.

4. Red Alert

Red Alert Well-Known Member

In Williams E its poor every week now. First half really poor. It was better mid week half empty.

5. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

I thought he left it very late to bring wilbs on,the lump smith up front missed two headers that should have hit the back of the net,or at least made the keeper save them.Both went miles wide.

I thought the display was only marginally better than Sunday.

The last two games i have watched, do concern me regards the next four months,quality sides need to break down sides that park the bus as Crawley did.We have struggled but snatched late winners.
    More and more teams are going to do this against us.
    Can we kill these teams of,i hope so as it will get harder and harder.

6. Bigjohnatyeo

Bigjohnatyeo Well-Known Member

We won did we not...teams can park the bus as much as they like, we have the players & the spirit to win games like today's, and me for one I'am delighted. City for the title.

7. cidered abroad

cidered abroad Well-Known Member

Like it or not, a tense match on the pitch transmits the same feeling to those in the stands. As an example, at Liverpool last Tuesday v Basel, it was only in the last fifteen minutes after Gerrard's goal that they came to life.

Very similar today. After the initial fifteen minutes when we had the upper hand but did not score, the game settled down to a cagey affair with Crawley just willing to stifle any attempt to play open attacking football.

It's all very well saying that we should sing all the time but at times, we need something out of the ordinary on the pitch to stimulate us. Today was interesting but hardly a game to get one jumping for most of it.

So a couple of suggestions.
    Split up the known singers into groups of five or six and spread them around the ground to kick start all over instead of one group together.
    Find one or two songs that everyone knows that can become "anthems" in the way that Delilah and You'll Never Walk Alone are. We have Drink Up Thee Zider. Any others?
    But please no songs about the Gas - something to lift the crowd and team!