1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Steve Evans press conference 5/5/16

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by bucks_is_leeds, May 5, 2016.

1. bucks_is_leeds

bucks_is_leeds Jonny big spuds
    Forum Moderator

Evans on Charlton loss: "We had enough possession to win the game. But if you don't score goals it doesn't look right."Evans on home form: "It has to be good when you have a good season. It's not good enough." #lufc #lufcliveEvans on fans' reception: "It was touching. I'll never ever forget it."Evans on Charlie Taylor: "He's a top player. He's been outstanding and he's an outstanding talentEvans on Preston: "We are taking over 5,500 supporters. We want to win for the supporters, they are incredible.Evans on fans: "If we played in an Asda or Tesco car-park it would be a sell out."Evans: "The fans are incredible and they deserve a special team. Hopefully we can give them that next season."Evans on Doukara: "He will be in the travelling party. He has worked so hard since he has been suspended."Evans on his future: "In the last few days the president has been on with other business."Evans: "It won't be going on much longer than the weekend where I won't know where the president is coming from.Evans: "I would be offering not only stability but I have a CV of winning promotionEvans: "I don't need a decision today or tomorrow, but that decision has to be madeEvans: "I have been getting sacked for three months haven't I? I have to believe that it isn't true.Evans: "If I am here this time next year then you guys will be sat here with champagne like at Leicester.Bellusci has a virus and has been missing today. Evans hopes to see him back training tomorrowEvans says he has no immediate plans to see Cellino, who has been busy: "But I'm ready to speak to him when he is.Evans on Cellino: "There is mutual respect. He sees through people who just give him lip service. That's the way it is."Evans: "Even if I am not staying here then this club will stay in my heart for the rest of my life." Asked Evans what he would do if no decision by Sunday: "I won't go chasing. I would be here doing my job on Monday morning.evans: "If this is my last press conference then thank you for turning up and listening to me, it must have been hard some weeks! Phil HayEvans on his future: "In the last few days the president has been on other business. But a decision is coming."Evans says a decision on his future "won't go much beyond the weekend.Evans said he will reach the point where he has to ask Cellino for a decision - but says he's prepared to be patient at this stage.Evans also said that he thinks Cellino already knows what he's going to do. Thinks his mind is made up alreadySE: "I've been getting sacked for 3 months, haven't I? You can't listen to (speculation). I believe the president will go forward with me.Evans: "If I'm here in a year's time, a bit like Leicester you'll be sitting here with champagne."Evans said he is still undecided about whether BPF will play at Preston. Said the size of the away crowd (5,500) might call for Silvestri.Evans spoke about Doukara. Said the striker feels aggieved about his ban and still maintains that he didn't bite Amorebieta. #lufcEvans says nine players are already picked for the Preston game. Goalkeeper is one position that is up for grabs

Irishshako likes this.
  2. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

Longest goodbye in history.... Won't be missed.

3. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

Ah you're just a cynic.......... :grin: Morning <ok>

4. Chippy / Glory

Morning mate... Decided not to go tomorrow.
    Ripon races today..... free to get in.
    She has put her foot down and we "are doing something together this weekend". Hope she means decorating or gardening and not you know what!
    #shudders

5. Josh-LUFC

Josh-LUFC Well-Known Member

<ok> agreed

6. Irishshako

<laugh> wait till I show her all your comments...:emoticon-0136-giggl Pity you can't make the game, I think Chesh might be going or was he getting a freebie with you. Ripon sound good, there is a good trainer called R.Fahey who runs a lot of his horses around the Yorkshire circuit. I'm not saying to back his horses just know he's doing ok this year..<ok>

7. Chippy / Glory

Chesh is going... He has a ticket.

Not looked at the race card yet. Fahey seems to do ok, but Easterby is usually top trainer at Ripon.
    It's a strange track with a weird camber in the last two furlongs, the course slopes away from the rail. Best sticking to horses that have done well there previously. Problem is it's too early in the season for many to have had a run.

York races next Thursday and Friday for me......
    In a box thanks to clipper logistics (sponsoring a race). No doubt the ownership of LUFC will come up.... Hopefully Cellino will have accepted his invite! Adam did you get an invite?

Irishshako likes this.
  8. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

<laugh>

9. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Glory, a cynic, never <laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh>

Irishshako and Farsleyexile like this.
  10. Chippy / Glory

A cynic that is right rather than an optimist or apologist that is wrong.

11. BoggersMOT

BoggersMOT Well-Known Member

Morning all. Not happy. Might be giving up my season ticket thingy because club won't sell me a disabled membership ticket next season. Not sure about the legality of what they're doing, but not sure I have the Will for a fight. Let's hope the club see sense in the end.

12. Irishshako

<laugh> yeah probably the most obvious comment of the day...:grin:

13. Irishshako

You're starting to sound like that other famous Leeds Utd supporter .....Confucius:grin:

14. Chippy / Glory

Is it Cellinos fault?

You know what's coming next.
    I can give you contact details for #TTGM if you want someone to highlight the issue help fight your corner.

15. BoggersMOT

Not Cellino's fault. Fault lies with LU Ticket Service

16. Chippy / Glory

Ok.
    So long as you sure they ain't obeying orders.....

Hope you get it sorted.

17. BoggersMOT

18. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

Why doesn't Steve Evans just tell Cellino to fook off <ok> Being dangled on a string like he is i would tell El Presedenti to go suck his own dick <laugh>

19. w.c.dukenfieldesq

w.c.dukenfieldesq Well-Known Member

Wether you are in favour of retaining Steve Evans or not,Cellinos indecision indicates again that he has not got the slightest idea how to deal with people. How can anyone have a sane working relationship with a man like that?.