1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Stewie's Corner - The Off-Topic Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Portsmouth' started by SaintLapras, Jun 11, 2013.

1. antipodean exile

antipodean exile Well-Known Member

Bloody Hell the one at Cleethorpes looked dire<yikes>

Wooperts_duck likes this.
  2. Wooperts_duck

Wooperts_duck Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Hitler's wife's knickers go under the hammer

please log in to view this image

Alistair Binney

Reporter, BBC Hereford & Worcester

Posted at 9:40 7 Nov

A pair of lilac knickers, once belonging to Hitler's wife Eva Braun, has sold in Malvern for nearly £3,000.

The briefs, which were part of a collection that went under the hammer at Phillip Serrell's auction house in Malvern, were only expected to fetch around £400.

upload_2016-11-8_9-49-49.gif

A gold ring, a silver mirrored box and a silver holder, still containing Eva Braun's bright red lipstick, were also sold.

You can just imagine Mein Fuhrer ripping them off poor old Eva, down in the bunker, whilst she was trying to watch videos of 'Allo 'Allo on the telly......

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
    antipodean exile likes this.
  3. Wooperts_duck

Staff Member

Ex-Pompey utility player Adam Barton, who has been named Scottish Premiership player of the month for October, scores with a powerful header for Partick Thistle against Aberdeen.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37925634

4. Wooperts_duck

Staff Member

BEAR INTERRUPTS PHOTO SHOOT

Bloody dangerous place Canada... the bears are huge and very curious... see what happens when a huge brown bear decides to take a closer look at a film shoot for a washing machine...CLICK HERE

5. Wooperts_duck

Staff Member

6. Wooperts_duck

Staff Member

7. Wooperts_duck

Staff Member

8. Wooperts_duck

Staff Member

R.I.P. Andrew Sachs, who has died aged 86 <peacedove>

9. SaintLapras

SaintLapras Well-Known Member

My Twitter feed is full of people saying Southampton are out of Europe...

10. Wooperts_duck

Staff Member

Bob Higgins groomed me, claims former youth footballer from Portsmouth

A FORMER youth footballer has told how he believes he was groomed by a coach who promised to be his ‘father figure’. Lee Smith waived his anonymity to speak to The News after watching former players’ videos making allegations against former Southampton coach Bob Higgins.

Bob Higgins

Lee, now a self-employed builder, said he felt it was his duty to speak out about what he claims Higgins, 63, did to him. He wants others to do so too. The 45-year-old, who lives in Portsmouth, said the grooming started when he was 12 when Higgins offered to be his ‘father figure’ as his own dad was not around. Alone with Higgins in a car, Lee agreed. But suddenly Higgins was holding his hand before then rubbing his thigh. Ex-defender Lee said: ‘He said to me: “Would you let me be like a father figure to have and help you through?” ‘He said it would be a good thing for somebody on a council estate to make it as a professional footballer. ‘To be honest, I jumped at the chance. I was privileged to have somebody say these sort of things to me.

‘But now I look back at it and see it was grooming, as far as I’m concerned.’ He added: ‘He said he would make me into a professional footballer and make my mum proud. ‘I believed in him and trusted him. I agreed to it. ‘And all of a sudden he wanted me to hold his hand whilst he was driving. The hand moved, it went on to my knee and rubbed up and down my leg.’

Lee said things were quiet for a short time until a trip away within the county. Scared after watching a horror film, Lee said Higgins was there offering comfort. ‘He was saying ‘‘don’t worry, I’m here now, nobody is going to touch you”.’ When he travelled to play in Sweden, he said he was subjected to naked hot soap water massages by Higgins before every game. He said: ‘Now I look back on it and think it was all wrong.’

Returning from the tournament in Sweden, Lee said Higgins stroked his hair under cover of darkness on a ferry. ‘Bob was above me in the bunk bed cabin,’ he said. ‘He put his hand down the side of the bed and started rubbing my hair. He wanted me to hold his hand.’ Lee, who spent three years at Southampton with Higgins, eventually quit at 15 and later moved to Pompey after he said Higgins touched his genitals while training. He lied and told Higgins he was being bullied by other players about coming from Portsmouth so that Higgins would release him to leave. Lee said he never experienced any problems at Pompey and has some of his greatest footballing memories from that time. He played for Pompey youth teams between 1988 and 1991, making it to the FA Youth Cup semi-final. Friends have praised Lee for speaking out and his wife Tracey, 45, has supported him.

She said: ‘He got quite upset, he said “I’ve never told you”. It was a shock to me and I was quite angry.’ Lee has said he felt compelled to speak out after seeing others do so. He has now reported his allegations to the NSPCC helpline. Higgins has declined to respond to previous allegations. He was cleared of six indecent assault charges against boys in 1992 on the direction of a judge. Dozens of potential suspects have been identified more widely in connection with historical child sex abuse allegations in football, police said. Ninety-eight clubs spanning all tiers of the game have been ‘impacted’, according to figures released by the National Police Chiefs’ Council. A total of 639 referrals from a National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (NSPCC) helpline and directly from police forces have been received by Operation Hydrant, a national co-ordination hub.

Read more at: http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/cr...er-youth-footballer-from-portsmouth-1-7726007

What a brave chap Lee is (like so many others before him) to go public with this shocking revelation about what he underwent with Higgins. To my mind, as a minimum, Higgins should be castrated for all he has done to Lee and probably dozens, if not hundreds of other youngsters supposedly "in his care".

I can't believe that up until very recently he was still coaching in football at non-league Fleet Town. Makes my blood boil <grr>

11. antipodean exile

Praying on the vulnerability of the young - it would appear Higgins along with others have now been outed and their lives can now be misery like those they preyed upon who have had to live with their secret for all these years - oxygen thieves all of them.:angry:

12. Wooperts_duck

Staff Member

Fifa fines England, Scotland, Wales & Northern Ireland over poppies.

Fifa has fined all four home nations for displaying poppies during World Cup qualifiers around Armistice Day.

England and Scotland players wore armbands featuring the symbol when they met at Wembley on 11 November.

Wales and Northern Ireland's respective games featured displays on the pitch or in the stands to mark the event.

England have been fined 45,000 Swiss francs (£35,311), Scotland and Wales 20,000 Sfr (£15,694) and Northern Ireland 15,000 Sfr (£11,770).

Fifa disciplinary committee chairman Claudio Sulser said he "fully respected" the commemorations but stressed the rules "need to be applied to all member associations".

"The display, among others, of any political or religious symbol is strictly prohibited," he added.

"In the stadium and on the pitch, there is only room for sport, nothing else."

According to the rule-making International Football Association Board (IFAB), players cannot wear "political, religious or personal slogans, statements or images".

But both England and Scotland players wore armbands featuring the poppy symbol during England's 3-0 win.

There was also a display of poppies on big screens, a minute's silence, playing of the Last Post and poppy T-shirts handed to the crowd.

Following Wales' 1-1 draw at home to Serbia the next day, Fifa opened disciplinary proceedings looking at "fans in the stands wearing the poppy" and the presence of "a member of the armed forces holding a bunch of poppies at the exit of the tunnel", according to the Football Association of Wales (FAW).

The holding of a minute's silence, the laying of a wreath and a poppy display by fans before Northern Ireland's 4-0 win over Azerbaijan on 11 November have led to the punishment of the Irish FA.

Fifa has also punished the Republic of Ireland with a 5,000 Sfr fine (£3,930) after its players wore shirts commemorating the centenary of the Easter Rising earlier this year.

How have the home nations responded?

Both the FA and FAW have yet to respond but Scottish FA (SFA) chief executive Stewart Regan says it is "clearly disappointing" that Fifa has ruled the poppy is a political symbol.

The SFA board will discuss the issue on Tuesday to decide on any appeal and will request the full reasons from Fifa.

It also plans to discuss the issue with the FA, FAW and Irish FA in the coming days.

The Irish FA said it was "disappointed", adding it "will take further legal advice before deciding on a future course of action".

How did we get here?

In 2011, Fifa agreed that the England, Scotland and Wales teams could wear poppies on black armbands during November internationals.

England wore them during their 1-0 friendly win over Spain at Wembley, Scotland did so in a match against Cyprus and Wales wore them against Norway.

However, this year, under new president Gianni Infantino, Fifa indicated they could punish teams for breaking the rule before the November matches.

That led to UK Prime Minister Theresa May calling Fifa's stance "outrageous"," adding that it would be "absolutely right" for players to wear poppies.

A points deduction was also a possible punishment open to Fifa.
    FIFA are despicable to my mind, and don't appear to have improved since the departure of the utterly disgraced Septic Bladder.
    I believe I am right in saying that England's fine is far higher than that given to some Eastern European clubs for racial abusing coloured players of Western European clubs.

One can only assume that racial abuse is not as serious a crime as religious beliefs appear to be in the eyes of FIFA........

13. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Just a tip for this Boxing Day fixture you have with Newport. I promise you it wasn't an attempt by Argyle supporters to stop a load of Pompey fans going to the match by wrecking their Stand and thereby making them reduce the numbers they can take. The article on the beeb website makes it sound initially that seats were damaged at the replay match. The only damage caused was by the floor the supporters were jumping up and down on celebrating a goal giving way. They literally jumped through the floor. It was not vandilism. We may have infact saved your crowd from a disaster given the poor state this was obviously in. I wonder who issued their safety certificate. There is the plus side that less of you will have to endure the sort of football that has to be played on their god awful pitch. It has to be the worst ground and pitch by a million miles in the football league.

Can I also take this opportunity of wishing you all a great Christmas and happy new year. If you are travelling then stay safe and if you are going to Newports ground then a safe match. The secret is don't score...<cheers><cracker>

14. Wooperts_duck

Staff Member

Belated Christmas greetings to you as well Sensible. Too late with your advice, we put 3 goals past 'orrible graham Westley's team. Thanks for softening them up for us a few days earlier !

15. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

As it's Westley then glad to oblige Wooperts. I just hope the weight of your away mob didn't bring the rest of the place down. I'm renaming Westley's team the Newport Turkeys as they seem to get stuffed by everyone. One day somebody might do everyone else a favour and stuff him personally.

16. antipodean exile

Domiciling on the other side of the world I know not what this Westley chap has done to you guys - the very mention of him or his team erases the Christmas spirit please enlighten moi - Happy New Year to you both :emoticon-0103-cool:

17. Wooperts_duck

Staff Member

Happy New year to you too Anti <ok>

When talking about Graham Westley, the word Knobhead comes to mind. He is a thoroughly revolting character who could start an argument in an empty room.

18. Wooperts_duck

Staff Member

Yakubu: Coventry sign former Portsmouth, Middlesbrough, Everton & Leicester striker.

League One's bottom club Coventry City have signed former Nigeria striker Yakubu on a free transfer.

The 34-year-old, who has not had a club since leaving Turkish side Kayserispor last year, has signed until the end of the season after a short trial.

"We're pleased to have secured the signing of Yakubu, who brings vast experience and a terrific goal record," said City boss Russell Slade.

The deal is subject to Yakubu receiving international clearance.

"He's a one-in-every-two-games man goals-wise, so we had to be interested," Slade told BBC Coventry & Warwickshire.

In a decade in English football, Yakubu scored 114 times in 293 league appearances, mostly in the top flight, at Portsmouth, Middlesbrough, Everton, Leicester City, Blackburn Rovers and Reading.

He was a target for Boreham Wood earlier in the season, training with the National League side, after returning to England following a spell in the Turkish top flight with Kayserispor.

19. Wooperts_duck

Staff Member

According to the Sun Newspaper, Bournemouth want their players to wear orange glasses for two hours before they go to bed to reduce the effects of blue light emitted by mobile phones, tablets and televisions.

Interesting, eh ?

20. Wooperts_duck

Staff Member

Claudio Ranieri sacked by Leicester City just 9 months after taking them (against all odds) to be Premier League champions <doh> Typical idiotic foreign club owners :steam:
    Apparently down to player power (including England's 'golden boy' Jamie Vardy) suggesting to the Thai owners that they dispense with his services !

The following are some of the comments in the media:-

Leicester players met the club's owners four times to get manager Claudio Ranieri sacked. (Sun)

The Foxes players who met Leicester chairman Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha on Wednesday included 30-year-old keeper Kasper Schmeichel, defender Wes Morgan, 33, midfielder Marc Albrighton, 27, and 30-year-old striker Jamie Vardy. (Times - subscription required)

Ranieri was sacked at a hotel at East Midlands Airport when he returned from Seville on Thursday. (Daily Mail)

The 65-year-old Italian is set to receive £3m as part of his severance package from Leicester, having been sacked six months into a new four-year deal. (Daily Mirror)

Huddersfield Town boss David Wagner has distanced himself from the vacant manager's role at the King Power Stadium. (Huddersfield Examiner)

Leicester chairman Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha told the director of another Premier League club that he had sacked Ranieri - then bought £500,000 worth of wine, according to West Ham vice-chairman Karren Brady. (Sun)

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp says Ranieri's departure is as "strange" as the Brexit vote and Donald Trump being elected US president. (Daily Express)

Eddie Jones, head coach of England's rugby union team, expressed sympathy for Ranieri after his sacking. (London Evening Standard)

He should be considered a hero for what he did for the club. I blame the club's players for believing they are better than they actually are.....