1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Still no transfers,are we bothered?

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by Paulpowersleftfoot, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Paulpowersleftfoot

Paulpowersleftfoot Well-Known Member

Good morning blues and rags
    The media and opposition supporters seem to be making a lot of our inactivity so far in the market,many claiming FFP is making us fearful of spending.But do we really need to be splashing out exorbitant fees and wages on players who will only complement or back up the squad,it's unlikely any name we've been linked with would be a certain starter anyway.

Mancini & Marwood would appear to be at loggerheads over the issue but I'm fully behind Marwood on this as we are still counting the cost of previous frivolous managers who could only see a bottomless pit.Such is the precarious nature of football management,it's inevitable that managers will look after themselves first and sod the consequences.

It's important for the club to draw a line under the Hughes management fiasco and to start working as a profitable business with regards to wages and transfers,although it was understandable to have to offer outlandish sums to reach the top,now we are in and around the top table we should be able to attract top players from a footballing rather than purely financial side and a wage cap is surely imperative for us to work towards satisfying FFP

With regards to the players
    Goalkeepers
    Hart & Pantilimon Happy with those 2

Full backs
    Zabaleta Richards Clichy Kolorov Don't need any cover

Centre backs
    Kompany Lescott Savic Kolo Boyata Could do with another class centre half as Savic,Boyata & kolo aren't good enough.Richards would provide better cover

Midfield
    Barry Milner Nasri de jong silva yaya Johnson Razak
    No need for recruiting as all bases covered unless Mancini starts playing with a system that requires wingers then we might need someone better than the big I am mr Johnson

Forwards
    Aguero Balotelli Dzeko Tevez Guidetti Santa Cruz Adebeyor
    Adebeyor hopefully will be sent packing along with Santa Cruz but unless anyone else goes out we certainly don't need anyone in

For me we still have the best all round squad and we should be confident of defending the title,Chelsea and Utd will certainly make it harder this time around but I think that squad of ours is more than capable of retaining the PL

2. UIR - Kagawa Powa

UIR - Kagawa Powa New Member

GK - Hart/Pantilimon. No Idea who your back up is but harts very good, long as hes fit you have one of the best keepers in the league.

Fullbacks - strong enough

Centre backs - Kompany is miles ahead of the rest, if he gets injured or suspended you have the weakest defence of the big clubs.

Midfield - goes from top class to wouldnt make other big clubs bench in terms of quality, Toure has his eyes elsewhere so remains to be seen if he will give 100% this season. I dont doubt it but you never know with footballers. Nasri doesnt count as hes a joke, hes happy on your bench aswell. Silva and Toure make it strong but should any get injured then again, not the strongest or most creative. Still, could be worse, could have ours.

Forwards. You have 1 decent forward, hes world class. The rest are unstable ****tards who cannot be relied on.

I may be looking at it as a United fan and of course I have chucked a few digs in at certain players which is deserved :D, but looking past the banter I dont think you are as strong as you think.

Last season injuries were not a factor, lets assume this season they are, if any of Silva, Yaya Toure, Aguero or Kompany get injured for more than a few weeks then you will suddenly become a much weaker side. The gap between these 4 and the rest is massive, these are world class players who would get into most teams starting line ups and the rest are bit part players ( hart aside, different for keepers ) at best due to their failings.

3. Paulpowersleftfoot

Kompany,similarly with vidic,would be miles ahead of the rest at any club.Lescott had an excellent season,capped off with a good solid euros,and is more than capable of stepping in to marshall the defence if kompany is out through injury or suspension.It wouldnt be the end of the world playing lescott & richards together for a few games but a good quality centre back is presumably on mancinis shoping list before the window closes.
    Think youve been reading the tabloids again if you think yayas eyes are elsewhere and nasri had a really good second half of the season once he settled and the young lad Razak looks a really good prospect to play yayas role as cover.Gareth Barry had a brilliant season for us and like carrick for utd,its really noticable when hes not there.
    Aguero and tevez will be a threat to any defense,as much as i dont like tevez what he does on the pitch cant be faulted and with no suitors looking likely to pay his wages i expect him to stay and form a lethal partnership with sergio.Dzeko and Balotelli are more than adequate back up

utd have much more concerns and signing kagawa is only papering over the cracks.Full backs on either side are weak,evra is now a liability and central midfield is of championship standard.If you manage to recruit RVP,i would still take our squad over utds anyday

4. UIR - Kagawa Powa

Our views will differ but you have 4 top bracket players and the rest are miles behind.

We may not have as many top bracket players ( I would say we do ) but our players beyond that are much closer throughout the entire squad.

You wouldnt of finished on above 80 points with the equivalent injury record we had last season is my point, its impossible to be entirely accurate but its a fair opinion. Basically its like you having no Yaya or Kompany for 6 months.

Would you feel confident? Those two won you the league imo.

5. Paulpowersleftfoot

I'd be more concerned if utd had recruited Fellaini or someone of his ilk as that type of player I feel is lacking at old Trafford
    Whatever the outcome,it's exciting times in the city

6. UIR - Kagawa Powa

We really dont need a midfielder tbh.

Its a myth, would be nice but also vastly unfair of us on the rest :D

Seriously though our attack and defence over the years have more than coped for our midfield.

7. Chippy_Tea

Chippy_Tea Member

Pantilimon has been very good in the pre season friendlies.

Savic is a worry.

We have been linked with Agger, if Kolo goes we will need a replacement.

Yaya will be the main man again this season, Nasri never plays as well when he is alongside Silva as when he isn't, i can see Silva being rested more this season, RM over played him last season.

Aguero, Tevez and Balotelli are going to be the main three strikers if we don't buy anyone and I think Dzeko is going to play a lesser roll, you call the latter 3 unstable i call them class.

Edited for accuracy -
    You are right you can add the ACN and red cards to that.

Lets not, lets wait and see what happens.

8. HRH Custard VC

HRH Custard VC National Car Park Attendant

I see another exciting season ahead for both teams

9. Paulpowersleftfoot

With both laughing at the dippers

10. Chippy_Tea

Chippy_Tea Member

Spot on, the PL belongs to Manchester, which half remains to be seen. <ok>

11. Graham Carr's Binoculars

Graham Carr's Binoculars Well-Known Member

To say City only have one decent striker is probably the most ill informed football opinion I've ever come across...I'd much rather have Aguero, Tevez and Balotelli over Rooney, Welbeck and Hernandez.

Not much between Aguero and Rooney, but Tevez and Balotelli are far superior to Welbeck and Hernandez.

Injuries can also be looked at in two ways, you can say you were unlucky with injuries, but it can also be perceived that injuries at the back for Utd will only get worse with Vidic and Rio both the wrong side of 30, especially with the latter's injury record over the past 3/4 seasons.

12. UIR - Kagawa Powa

Should of explained further, I dont rate Tevez at all, hes not good, he runs around alot and cause numerous problems in the dressing room. He looks better than he is at City where for a time he was a big fish but now the pond is getting bigger....well you saw last season <ok>. For all his hard work hes a ****ing mong and a massive let down.

Ballotelli is a danger to himself right now, he needs to settle down. For this reason he cannot be relied on.

Therefore Aguero is the only brilliant striker they have. The rest are capable of brilliance as often as they are of ****ing you over.

You could say that or you could say Unitd have 2 of the bst young CB in the land who over the coming years will become number one while vidic and rio have still got plenty to give <ok>

13. Chippy_Tea

Chippy_Tea Member

He is not good at what exactly ?
    He is back hungry and keen, he was brilliant yesterday and i would rather have a player that runs alot rather than alazy **** like several we have got rid of in the past.

Another one of your sweeping statements, have you any proof he has caused any recently?

What the **** does this mean?

The words of a bitter ****ing rag.

The City fans like RM have accepted his apology over the golfing incident and moved on maybe its time you also moved on.

The pond is not getting bigger as we are not signing any more strikers, he will be one of the 3 strikers used most this season and who knows may again win the golden boot as he did a couple of seasons ago..

I think all City fans saw a marked improvement in his attitude as the season progressed, sure he is a loose cannon but i would rather he was our loose cannon than yours.
    You keep saying this its a team game give the ball to any of our top 3 strikers in the box and the defence is in deep **** we are not a one striker team.

14. UIR - Kagawa Powa

Thats right, support a player who took a massive **** on your club.

City fans in a nut shell <ok>

Hes making fools of you all though I expect some City fans see him for the **** he is.

15. Paulpowersleftfoot

Wasnt that long ago white pele was ****ting on your club
    You all support the arrogant twat,yet again one rule for you lot,man yoo fans in a nutshell
    And you have the cheek to call us bitter

16. UIR - Kagawa Powa

Besides being massively different I see nothing similar what so ever.

Did rooney **** off for months?

What did rooney do, that isnt paper talk. Come back with some facts and then lets discuss if they are the same ok <ok>

17. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Handed in a transfer request as stipulated by your own manager!! That's got to be embarrassing.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/2010/10/19/ferguson_rooney/ if you need a few quotes from slur alex.

How somecan can't rate Tevez is beyond rational thinking. Amazing player (when he's not on a golf course obviously).

18. Paulpowersleftfoot

As you well know Rooney held your club to ransom,you can hide behind where's your evidence but you just sound like the dippers with the bigot Suarez.Footballers have no loyalty these days so it doesn't bother me too much what Tevez did.As you say he is a massive **** but all I care about is what they do on the pitch and I've never seen him give less than 100%.

19. chelsea - over 100 years of history

I wish Tevez would leave so we wouldn't have to face him anymore!!

He's better than Rooney so you have at least 2 strikers better than United have. Actually Balottelli can do it at international level too; so that's 3 without even looking further.

20. UIR - Kagawa Powa

Hes not, perhaps you dont remember he once played for United and all he did was run. I wasnt one of those in the headless chicken is better than skill and ability camp.

Oh and like I said, provide some evidence that shows what rooney and tevez did were the same <ok> did tevez hand in a transfer request?