1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Still think will be fine

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Poyets outburst, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Poyets outburst

While most on here think I might be on glue I still think will be ok, yes results have not been good but we were unlucky against Fulham , a good point against soton and today beat by a newly promoted team who were up for it and there's fans were like a 12 th man.
    Lets be fair here guys were Sunderland lol did we think we would start the season winning everything were a mid table club at best and results will reflect that,we will prob now get some points from our tricky home games its just the way we are. PDc needs time Rome wasn't built in a day lets get ki into midfield in place of Vaughan and with fletch now back will be ok

2. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

I think we'll be fine too. It's all very well people picking out the negatives, not hard, we knew them before the start of the season and we should be patient while the club try to bring people in and let the lads settle.

Lots of positives here. We passed the ball well a times, we worked hard, Larsson is beating the first man, Fletch back and scoring, mavrias looked a thousand times sharper then he did on tuesday night and he still has a lot of fitness to build.

I think we could have won it if not for the sending off.

We'll be fine :cool:

3. bonnybobbypark

bonnybobbypark Well-Known Member

I think we'll be fine too.

Just as soon as I get back to Hogwart's on Tuesday I'll mix up a potion to get us winning

4. MackemsRule

MackemsRule Well-Known Member

5. Poyets outburst

Bonnybobbyparkpotter

6. Poyet's Eleven

Poyet's Eleven Well-Known Member

I still think our team isn't too bad.

Problem is our awful cm. Which arguably is the most important area. You can have class players all round but if you don't supply them then there's no point

Ki will help to solve our woes and provided he's partnered with someone other than Vaughan we'll be much better

7. bonnybobbypark

Don't worry, Vaughan. We have just signed on loan Swansea's fifth-rated creative midfielder (tho they can have him back min January if he improves enough for them)

Isn't that reassuring?

8. 2010 tops dog

2010 tops dog Well-Known Member

I still can't decide if you boys will do well or not this year, my views before the season started was it could either way, part of me could see you having a good year but then again I could see it going Pete tong.

But either way the first few games were always going to be hard for the main factor of
    Getting a host of players to gel so quickly

9. Poyet's Eleven

To be fair mate all the Swansea fans are gutted to lose him and rate him higher than De Guzman who starts every game.

The January recall clause is worrying though!

10. shiney-mackem

shiney-mackem Member

Larson did beat the first man , but also beat the 2nd 3rd and 4th his delivery was very poor everything over hit, as for Mavrias he never realy got involved so it was difficult to asess him. We were good for a point up to the sending off , for a win not so sure

11. Poyet's Eleven

As long as we survive it's okay for me. We just about survived last year and to expect us to become world beaters the next season is unbelievably unrealistic

12. MackemsRule

Worries me mate.
    Said earlier we shouldn't take loans unless we have option to buy.

13. Poyets outburst

Ki is a good player mate just because he's not in there plans ATM dosent make him any worse , he is the kind of player we need ATM and will improve our cm a lot (granted that is not hard) and I take ya point about the fact he can be recalled in jan, but that's just the way it's is

14. bonnybobbypark

Larson and Johnson were both hitting crosses to anyone in the car park. For people who only have to kick a ball all day every day, I would expect them to do it without them thinking "ooooh, isn't that light?"

15. rokermicko

rokermicko New Member

I can remember being unlucky when Mick McCarthy was here at the beginning of the season, but as soon you've been beaten umpteen times the rot sets in. Need a result soon.

16. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

I know mate, that was tongue in cheek. :D

17. E.T. Fairfax

E.T. Fairfax Well-Known Member

I wasnt expecting us to hit the ground running but i was hoping that the extra little bit of quality and di canios enthusiasm rubbing off on the players would have enabled us to win one of the first 3 games! Instead we have had the game where we dominated but were toothless and lost, endured a late equaliser against us and then a defeat against a poor promoted side who were just as desperate for 3 points as we were! And with our run of difficult games around the corner!???! I feel deflated!

18. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

I think you are one of the favorites for the drop with the team that beat you today...

19. Poyet's Eleven

Fair enough that's your opinion

I'm certain we'll be fine though

20. MackemsRule

That was very polite young man.

I would have told him to check the ****ing table. :p