1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Stoke Away

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by StanDMan, Sep 20, 2017.

1. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Now just skip Forest game and go straight into Stoke away in league.

Only point of interest Wednesday is - if Cescy or Cahill pickup straight reds, then roughing the ref and get banned for 5 or more matches.

I can dream right?

Back to Stoke. They did Manutd. Will be up for this after prioritizing League over League cup.
    Hope we do the same and play our full strength 11 without usual passengers.
    Only hope for 3 points.

Next 2 matches in CL & League are Atleti away & City at home.
    By then Conte would have done more of a 2016 or worse 2015.
    Hoping for more of 2016 and none of 2015. Cescy & Cahill Outttttt!!!

2. chelsea - over 100 years of history

So to confirm....is it Cesc and Cahill you want benched? You seem to be a bit evasive on this issue.....<whistle>

Ever heard the term 'broken record'.

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  3. BobbyD

BobbyD President

to be fair stans not wrong. Fabregas must never play in the 2 if the other team can counter attack, its a big game or we are away from home. If you have to play him it should be in a 3-5-2 or or part of the front 3.

Cahill should just be used against the middling clubs so he can get some minutes. Don't ever want to see him in any of the big games

StanDMan likes this.
  4. chelsea - over 100 years of history

It's a tricky one cos Fabregas has had so many influential games and picked up so many assists in that role. Cahill has also been the mainstay in some pretty good defences over the last few years as well and has been named captain (which shouldn't guarantee a start but probably implies the manager rates him).

I can certainly see the case for them being rotated though and want to see Kante / Bakayoko given a run in the middle.

But wanting your own players to get sent off so they can get bans is ludicrous from StanDMoan

5. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

Wth are u talking??

So many assists may be in 2014 when Matic doubled down and played at twice the level of Kante.

Cescy was found out in 2015 and was worse last season. Matic had more important assists than Cescy last season.

Check your facts before quote garbage

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  6. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Cahill is solid and if we had a more dominant wingbacks better cms to move the ball (better all rounders we seem to either have brilliant in kante who is technically weak and cant dribble out or fab who is fantastic technically but useless physically) and more dominant wingbacks (alonso is great but he always loses in a 1 on 1 battle against a better wingback as hes not good enough strength wise or speed against a walker or a bellerin if they press high up). In the absence of this and bakayoko being unknown we basically have no attacks down that side with cahill and in the bigger games its no coincidence we get boxed on and concede possession down that side.

StanDMan likes this.
  7. chelsea - over 100 years of history

You are talking utter nonsense as usual. Fabregas assist stats are amazing.

We know he's not a good tackler but he's an entirely different player to a Matic hence why the 2 were rotated next to Kante last year.

As you've only supported us for 10 minutes you may not have heard of Ray Wilkins but he's a Chelsea legend and ex England midfielder. Ask him what he thinks of Fabregas. I'll take his opinion over your moany drivel every day of the week!!

8. chelsea - over 100 years of history

I can see you're point and it's fine margins. Just not convinced that if we suddenly play say Rudiger, we are going to be world beaters all of a sudden! Any deficiencies this team has is more than down to 1 or 2 individuals.

9. BobbyD

BobbyD President

No doubt there are difficiencies such as Kante not being too great on the ball and arsenals tactics are just to let him go free as if he get the ball in a dangerous position he stills need 2 touches and can't play on the half turn and he is a bit panicky on the ball but obviously he brings so much tenacity and work rate and he makes decent runs so we can't drop him.

It was apparant at arsenal (and at spurs and united) when a team can match up with us as the combo of Dave Moses and Kante find it unbelievably hard to play out and Willian and Pedro can't get on the ball.

Only Luiz can really thread a pass through (although his long passes have gone to ****, what happened to them they always get intercepted nowadays) and when they stuck lacazette on him we either hoofed it to pedro or passed it sideways.

It was definitely exacerbated when Cahill was on the ball. We literally had 0 attacks down the left as he just couldn't play it inside to our midfielder as he always took a touch to bring it back onto his right. His balls skills summed it up when he tried to do a trick to kante, which kante then lost under pressure which they managed to win back and then cahill just hoofed it right out.

If we had to play Cahill anywhere i'd prefer him in the middle of the three as his strength isnt on the ball (also led to his burnley red card).

Conte has his work cut out for him but its really frustrating to see cahill play even though he was key in scoring important goals last season. He's still fine against the small clubs but for any team who is able to match us up i just think he's a no no even though he's been a great servant.

10. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

I'm actually agreeing with Stan that Cahill behind Alonso is not a good idea. Despite really rating Alonsos performances, his one weakness does lead to having Cahill clean up occasionally, and he's just not doing that for me. If we play Dave behind Alonso and Ruddiger on the right ( or even try Cahill there) maybe we'd be better overall. I do believe every player has a weakness and the trick is to have someone cover that weakness so the sum of the whole is better than the parts.
    Fabregas is not worth 2 bob with quick counter attackers or midfields that push us around. Bakayoko stops that happening, so it is horses for courses. I would like to see Kante and Bakayoko get a few consecutive game together to form a partnership, and Fabregas used against teams that will allow his to play his game.

StanDMan likes this.

11. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Sensible and considered posts from Bobby and CP. Generally agree with all you are saying which is what I've been saying for ever. Play players to suit the opposition and not just victimise 1-2 individuals and look for them to be entirely frozen out.

Bodinki likes this.
  12. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Agreed.

Fabregas especially, has his uses and is a valued squad member who makes great contributions.
    To hear StanDman tell it, you'd think he was as bad as Moussa Sissoko.

Cahill I am less tolerant of, purely because he is just "meh". He is a decent player, and he can do a job, just think there is far better out there.

13. armchairblue

armchairblue Well-Known Member

Mark Hughes does do his best against us and united....never worked out why<laugh>

14. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

yeah, may be he fancies the manager job in these 2 clubs and wonder why?

15. The Ginger Marks

So much negativity since we had one poor game against Arsenal and I'm wondering who will order the firing squad first, Stan or Bobby? <whistle>

16. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

13Courtois
    • 28Azpilicueta
    • 27Christensen
    • 2Rüdiger
    • 15Moses
    • 7Kanté
    • 14Bakayoko
    • 3Alonso
    • 22Willian
    • 11Pedro
    • 9Morata
    • Stan should be happy with this.

StanDMan likes this.
  17. BobbyD

BobbyD President

very happy

StanDMan likes this.
  18. The Ginger Marks

Laughing my tits off at Spurs when West Ham got within a sniff out came the thug element. <laugh>

19. The Ginger Marks

Wise not to chance Edin against the thugs. <ok>

20. armchairblue

armchairblue Well-Known Member

Big game for Christensen,should see what he's made of here.COYB'S.