1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Stoke

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by NickH, Sep 18, 2017.

1. NickH

NickH Well-Known Member

The Stoke fans are pissed that they were outplayed by our 'reserves', but I think that's a bit of an inaccurate description of the side that played. We have good strength in depth, & whilst some will becry a manager 'not knowing his strongest team', I see it as a strength (at least in this case).

I'll go into work happy tomorrow, hoping for an exciting draw as this nice little journey continues & that we can keep it going on Saturday. Unfortunately, it seems as though Norwich have gotten their act together just in time.

2. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

If we manage to beat Norwich away then I know I will get carried away with myself.

3. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

When I was listening to the match Peter Beadle said that he was looking at a team that had built in depth and had covered all the gaps. Considering we made many changes from the side that handled Derby County with relative comfort, and the revised starting squad basically outplayed another Premier League opponent, is that a sign that we have covered all the options and given ourselves a chance at consolidation, or even better?

Perhaps we all need to brace ourselves, or perhaps get carried away so we can join Rob.