1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

STOP PRESS

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by LIBERTARIAN, Mar 16, 2021.

1. LIBERTARIAN

LIBERTARIAN Well-Known Member

An emergency meeting of the Welsh Government has been held in Cardiff to discuss the favourable treatment being regularly afforded to Swansea City FC.

" This goes against everything we stand for here in The Capital", opined one Member, " it must stop ".

A proposal had been made by Jason Mohamad, a well known Cardiff City fan, that all the points gained by Swansea City, should be retrospectively deducted from their tally, and awarded to Cardiff City, thereby ensuring that they gained promotion to the Premier League.
    " It's where we belong, " intoned a glassy eyed Mohamad, as he looked to the heavens. " Inshallah ! "
    Cheers rang out. Tears flowed. " Inshallah ", indeed.
    Mohamad further suggested that any surplus points could be sold on the open market, and any monies obtained be used to pay Vincent Tan's parking fines, whenever he , and his entourage, were in Cardiff.
    More cheers for Mohamad. He was on a roll.
    Elated, he took his seat, and waited with great anticipation, for the outcome of his unprecedented action.

Not surprisingly, his motion was seconded by none other than Gary Lineker, who never scored against The Swans, anyway.

The only members in attendance were from the local branch of ' Friends of Cardiff City ', thereby ensuring only fair play would be enacted.
    Asked why this was the case, Mark Drakeford, wearing his Cardiff City top, shorts, and with his, blue, 'Drakeford for President ' scarf tightly wrapped around his neck, ( " well, it can be a bit draughty at times in the chamber, can't it ? ), replied, " Well, it's Covid, and Brexit , you see ".
    " We simply cannot allow people from outside our bubble to attend ".
    " It's not safe. Not safe at all ".

But one person from outside " the bubble " was allowed to participate in the proceedings.

None other than Neil Kinnock himself.
    Another rabid ' Bluebird '.
    At the earliest opportunity, he got to his feet and shouted in his guttural Valleys voice, " I wanted to do something like this when I was Prime Minister, but those tory bastards ... "
    He was silenced, which rarely happened, by a lone voice, " But you were never the Prime Minister ".
    " I know that boyo, but keep it to yourself. The people of Bedwellty think I was, still am, and they are still paying me a stipend, oh, and Glenys gets her hair done for free, in a local salon."
    "Not bad for a Valleys boy, eh ? ", he gloated, " not even old Jason can get on that particular gravy train ".

With that, Kinnock's eyes glazed over, and everyone knew he was going to sing. He was a lovely singer , having sung in the choir of his local Chapel.

He took a deep breath, composed himself, and let rip.

" The old home town looks the same, as I stepped down from the train,
    And there to meet me were the ' Brethren from Bedwellty '.
    Down the road we went, to Nelly's Cafe,
    Where we had some tea just like in The NAAFI,
    Oh, it's good to do it -

- MY WAY ! "

Mohamad's proposal passed unopposed, and a beaming Drakeford, who had been on skype with Vincent Tan, announced that a delighted Mr.Tan had promised to make a £ 15,000,000.00 donation to The Senydd for future St. David's Day, and Christmas celebrations.

" He assured me that his cheque was in the post ". <laugh>

2. swantastic

swantastic Well-Known Member

Nice 1
    Strange but true ! <cheers>

azzuriswan likes this.
  3. azzuriswan

azzuriswan Well-Known Member

It could’ve so true though.....infortunately

Taffvalerowdy likes this.