1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Stourbridge Predictions !

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymjools, Nov 20, 2011.

1. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Quite simply, we aren't. Fletcher shouldn't have been given the permanent post and we have to find some strength up front and organization at the back or we're doomed.

2. Plymjools

Plymjools Active Member
    Forum Moderator

OMG Fletcher what have you done to my team .... standing back from challenges .... more content to play backwards and oh so weak passes ! Fletcher has to go and take Dickdale with you !!

3. devonsurfer

devonsurfer Member

Somebody posed the question, many moons ago, is Argyle the worst team in the country? Beaten soundly by postmen and bank managers, I think at long last the debate is finally settled! Someone also once said that the freefall is far from over and that this club will continue to plummet and it won't stop at league 2 or the conference. Seems he was right on that count also eh?

4. Plymjools

Plymjools Active Member
    Forum Moderator

Someone made the comment .... did Dickdale pick Fletcher so he could still control who played and who we bought ?????

5. devonsurfer

devonsurfer Member

Whilst you lot have been losing your heads over the ownership debacle you all forgot about the real agenda, the appallingly rubbish football team. The ownership farce was a convenient excuse and cover up for what is the worst football side in the world. Now the covers have been taken away the ugly truth is laid bare for all to see.

6. akagreengull2

akagreengull2 Member

I know it's easy to talk with hindsight-but it did seem rash to give Fletch the managers job so soon after Brent and Ridsdale had said if he did well then he would be considered.We have now not won in seven!

7. Plymjools

Plymjools Active Member
    Forum Moderator

Hiya Devonsufer ..... no comment about how many of the ex directors are on the current board ..... according to you wasn't Staplewallet coming back ????

8. GreenArmy

GreenArmy Member

always thought reid shouldn't have gone.

9. Plymjools

Plymjools Active Member
    Forum Moderator

Agree Greenarmy would have like to have seen what Reid could have done with all the constraints lifted !

10. GreenArmy

GreenArmy Member

quite, ive always dished out the 'bad workman always blames his tools', but reid's situation was ridiculous. on that note, tool academy is about to start..

11. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Excuse the expletive but I will ignore the **** wit calling himself Devonsurfer who had to reappear tonight didn't he.

Just got back from my son's after watching this from behind the settee. This has to be the worst bunch collectively of players ever to be assembled at Home Park. Never mind the sending off, we were pants with 11 and no worse with 10 as it was probably not possible to be anyway. Never mind we can't afford anything better that is no excuse for players who are still getting paid more than the average joe soap on the street. They were totally devoid of any heart or committment throughout this match. Bignot is not a teenager and should know better but something seems to take over their heads when they put on a green shirt. I cannot remember a showing as bad as this and if this is all we have to look forward to for the rest of the season then we are gone into the Conference for sure. I cannot see another result going our way for the rest of this season and the next 3 games just happen to be crucial. So much for Fletcher being needed on the pitch as well which has been the cry from some. Totally ineffectual along with Walton tonight and you would have thought these players had never seen each other before let alone trained together. Whilst I still cannot turn my back on them, tonight it feels almost embarrassing to be an Argyle fan.

12. GreenArmy

GreenArmy Member

20th red card since the start of the last season according to PAFC.co.uk... wow, i knew it was high but, we aren't even half way through this season yet! Thought the fact wages can actually be docked now would make a difference

13. milton archer

milton archer Well-Known Member

Excellent appraisal...even in village football you can be motivated....Argyle players seem to think that commitment = recklessness...commitment is giving 100% when the chips are down, no supporter likes their team to lose but it's the way you are losing that that is concerning...you're not my team but I have a soft spot for you...Brent now needs to show leadership...get rid of Ridsdale and Fletcher....you dont need a director of football, that's a luxury, bring back Reid (or similar) as manager...it can still be done...good luch...great fans

14. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I can't believe that some still think that Peter Reid should still be in charge........aren't some of these nerds been brought in by Reid in the first place,.......an older experienced man like Reid should know that you have got to have more depth than a team of mostly teenagers, with hardly a first team game between them.

15. notDistantGreen

Well what we are seeing is that Fletcher can't make any more out of them than Reid could and you have to look at the squad itself rather than the manager.

What's for certain sure is that if Fletcher was still caretaker, as he should be, he wouldn't be on anybody's list for the permanent job now would he? He shouldn't have been put into a permanent contract just as we should have dumped Ridsdale as Football Czar and General Supernumerary and stuck with Reid a bit longer, even if he did eventually get the shove before the January transfer window. The flirtation with Fletcher has got us absolutely nowhere.

They probably aren't the worst players ever at the club, I can think of a few proper "professionals" over the years who were far worse given what they ought to have been able to offer. This lot are in a squad which is too small - players are frequently played out of position and too young - 3 or 4 youngsters are a good thing, 7 or 8 are not - and the mix is wrong - central defence/goalkeeper is a crucial area that remains very weak. I can't help wondering if Cole or Walton amongst the few senior players would get a game if things were different.

Most of this is dictated by limited finances and League interference and we'd better hope the 3 recent signings Sutherland, Purse & Blanchard make a difference in key areas on Saturday.

16. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

It did surprise me how quickly Fletcher was given the permanent managers job........what had he proved.....nothing.........it is hard to reverse now without Fletcher losing face or having to leave the club.

Any decision before Christmas would have seemed rather haste regarding a permanent position for Fletcher........were does it go from here ?

17. notDistantGreen

The only respectful decision I can think of is to ask Fletcher to step back down to a player/coach role under an experienced manager, which puts us back where we were 3 months ago. Fletcher isn't the manager for us under the current conditions but neither does he deserve to be humiliated more than necessary and thrown out of work because somebody made him a job offer they shouldn't have.

18. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Would he agree,without losing face ?

19. notDistantGreen

Not necessarily but it's the only decent way out of it I can think of.

The man's been thrown to the lions - there's no saying the best manager in the world could sort this out with no money - and it doesn't seem to be a disgrace to come out a bit scratched & chewed in places!

20. Michael71

Michael71 Member

I hate saying this but we are a shambles at the moment.
    Its a shame because I thought after Stapes left and Ridsdale came in as chairman we would be all right - he has done well at Cardiff, but its like evreybodys just given uo.