1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Strange transfer decisions among the good ones

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, Aug 31, 2021.

1. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Lukaku and Saul Niguez look very well considered moves by Chelsea.
    Gallagher to Palace and Gilmour to Norwich should work out ,though Gilmour will work his socks off up there.
    Zouma to Hammers and Ampadu to Venezia seem poorly thought out to me.
    Zouma looks like a bad decision with Kounde staying put, though the Spaniards were not easy to deal with.
    Ampadu to Venezia looks brain dead. This kid has bucket loads of potential but has been loaned to dodgy teams and I will be amazed if he develops anything except frustration.
    Looks like he's just money fodder to Chelsea, which is not in the kids' interests, and not a good look for the club.

2. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Zouma I agree, especially since the Kounde deal went to ****. Plus we have strengthened West Ham, which is something I never like to do.
    Ampadu I am not sure, he deffo wasnt going to get a look in with the first team unless we have a massive injury crisis and if you are gonna learn to be a defender, then Italy is the place to do it. Might do him good. I'd have tried to get him into a bit of a bigger club than Venezia though, never heard of em!

3. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

Zouma is a great buy for us, Dawson has been great, he's probably been in the best form of his career whilst at West Ham, but he makes a mistake in almost every game, is old, slow and not good when the ball is on the floor.
    You got a bit shafted with the financial situation in Spain, they had no money at the beginning of the window, if you'd offered the opening valuation you'd have got the deal done. But then CVC stepped in, bought part of La Liga, gave all the clubs some money so they didn't need to sell.

4. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

Ampadu will get a thorough workout and test at newly promoted Venizia (Venice). They will probably be the Fulham of the premiership. Not sure where Niguez will fit in. Gallaher works his socks of in every game I've seen him play, sometimes gets muscled out of it though and his decision making is not yet up to scratch, mind you he scored both goals for Palace last week to earn them an unfancied draw. Zouma well yes that is a strange one, I thought he had turned the corner by playing alongside Silva, mind you Christensen has been immense lately not just for us but Denmark too.

Diego likes this.
  5. Bullet tooth Tony

Oh and a big shout out for Bamford getting his England call up always liked his attitude and it's finally paid off for him. Well done son.

Diego likes this.
  6. Chelsea Pensioner

Bamford is now a top player and deserves all he accomplishes. I think Venezia are relatively new to Seria A ,but have been walloped in all ( both I think ) of their games, and look straight for the drop. Which is why I don't see that as good for Ampadu. Though the same could be said for Norwich and Gilmour, he's close to home and it will be easier than for Ampadu, who might be shuttling down to Roma to catch up with Tammy on his days off.
    See Malang Sarrs loan fell through ,so he's stuck now as well. Mightn't hurt him to mix with the Chelsea squad and play the odd cup game as well.

7. Bullet tooth Tony

I did say "Newly Promoted CP".

8. Chelsea Pensioner

So you did !!! I need to stop with the speed reading and look a bit closer.
    Not sure where Venezia play their home games, maybe they share with the Water Polo team? Every spare inch of ground is taken up by a tourist.
    My father, after a visit to Venice said," I like looking at it, but I wouldn't want to live there."

9. Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys

Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys Well-Known Member

We sold Zouma as we must have beloved the Kounde deal was nailed on. It seems as though Sevilla moved the goal posts at the last second, which, according to the papers, has left him furious.
    We’ll be fine without him for now.

10. Chelsea Pensioner

Yeah, that sums it up nicely. It certainly looks as if Sevilla have acted dishonourably, and they will pay the price. Kounde, good as he is, in my opinion we don't need. Chalobah , Malang Sarr and the youngster with the unpronounceable name just added to the squad will see us well covered. Kounde next season is a given and we might have another couple of killer kids by then to boot.
    Everything happens for a reason. Right now i think the only problem we have is striker. Every position in the team is covered by a player arguably as good as, or better, than the one in the job. Except striker. If Lukaku gets injured, we're ****ed. Bad work by Marina in my book, but hey, she had a tricky few months.
    Let's go into the season with a fantastic squad, a brilliant and hugely respected Manager running the show, and every member of the squad working for every other member..

11. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

I’d have got rid of Zouma even if weren’t planning on signing a defender. Looks good because he does a lot of desperate defending, standard row Z defender with a bit of pace, good in the air but awkward on the ball. Should do alright at West Ham and to be fair hasn’t really ever let us down but he suits our team even less now.