1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Stranger things

Discussion in 'Television' started by A.L.D.O 4.1, Jul 24, 2016.

1. A.L.D.O 4.1

A.L.D.O 4.1 1 of the top defendants in Europe

Netflix series that is very good.

2. A.L.D.O 4.1

A.L.D.O 4.1 1 of the top defendants in Europe

Watched the full series and it is very good. Set in the 80s and has a very 80s feel about it. The way it's shot and the score reminds you of all those great 80s movies like Stand by me, Goonies, Gremlins. Even The Thing. It has that Super8 feel about it.

A very decent programme well worth a watch.

3. Smirnoffpriest

Smirnoffpriest Well-Known Member

My wife is properly geeking out about this show, to such an extent that she binge watched the whole season on Netflix and then watched it again with me.

It reminds me of those Stephen King stories like Stand By Me, Firestarter, It ect but as if it was directed by Spielburg because there's a definite ET feel to the show and lots of references to Goonies, ET and others but also the general feel of the kids in the show is very Spielburg esque. But some of the other things, particularly the score is a homage to John Carpenter, which is why it's so much creepier and tenser, with references to films like The Thing.

What impresses me is the level of detail they went to to get the series to feel like an 80s series/film - from the opening sequence and the fonts used (very Stephen King), to the filters, the music, cars, clothes, sets, everything made it look like this show was shot 30years ago.

It is definitely worth a watch