1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Streaming

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by thereisonlyoneno7, Jul 31, 2018.

1. thereisonlyoneno7

thereisonlyoneno7 Well-Known Member

Possibly. You would need a UK Amazon Prime account though. I bought one for my dad from here who lives in France and this is how we set it up.

EDIT: Another issue he has is if he asks for the weather or the time it is UK based

2. ImpSaint

ImpSaint Well-Known Member

Virgin block virtually anything they are asked to. No end of "blocked" notices coming up these days (not that I try and watch anything I shouldn't lol)

Not sure where the £120 per month Virgin bundle comes from but I have the family bundle:
    Family TV package (basically everything other than Sky Sport and movies) includes all the BT Sport etc.
    Landline including a small charge to reduce international calls (Portuguese wife)
    200mb Internet. (I get about 230mb wired, 150ish wi-fi dependent on how many tablets, phones, consoles are turned on - kids. lol)

Each month is around the £65 mark dependent on the wife and her phone calls. Always between £63 and £70 per month.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
  3. thereisonlyoneno7

The £120 comes from 3 TiVo boxes, 350 meg Broadband and Full house TV with Sky Sports HD & BT Sports & Movies. Didn't actually want the movies, but it worked out cheaper due to the way they discount :)

Definitely when the contract is up I'll ditch all but broadband (already checked and it is £50/month for full 350 meg BB and basic phone, that I never use).

With the HD HomeRun device plugged into the aerial for FreeView around the house, Netflix and a bit of streaming I have no need for any form of Virgin TV :)

I don't really get blocked for anything, though I use a smart DNS service (unlocator.com) and a VPN at the router level for any streaming or things that are geo blocked.

Don't use torrents - far too insecure and eats all your bandwidth, but use news groups instead (NZB files).

I use 2 standalone WiFi access points (UniFi made by Ubiquiti) in the house (the VM one is just awful) and get the full 350 meg anywhere, even the bottom of the garden on the 5 ghz network, and about 150 on the 2.4 ghz :)

A good tip is to name your 5 & 2.4 ghz networks different names, otherwise it will flip between the two automatically :) If you give them separate names (eg home & home fast) it will stay on your preferred band

...I'm sure I'm too geeky.....

ImpSaint likes this.
  4. SaintinSerbia

SaintinSerbia Annoying Twat

It's all amazing to me, I pay 10 quid a month for internet and 10 quid a month for cable TV which has premiership games live. What on earth do you get for the other 100 quid a month? (apart from the bill?)

thereisonlyoneno7 likes this.
  5. Velcro Roy

Velcro Roy Well-Known Member

Well I can honestly say I have no idea what the majority of this means.<laugh>

6. VVD

VVD Well-Known Member

@thereisonlyoneno7 are there any restrictions if me and my parents want to watch at the same time on the same account. Like a limit of one device at any one time

7. thereisonlyoneno7

Apparently they do a multi room package for that - I didn’t take it as the other half hates football [emoji16].

Think on the offer it is £40 for the year - after the weekend it will be £50 I think. Not sure. If you are interested P me and I can give you a link to there group and the name of the guy that sorted me out.

8. St. Luigi Scrosoppi

St. Luigi Scrosoppi Well-Known Member

confused-smiley-facebook-symbols-and-chat-emoticons-AoYBCb-clipart.png
    Well all of that was gobbledygook to me.

9. Lemons and Oranges

Lemons and Oranges Well-Known Member

That's because you are awake at 5:30 am :rolleyes::emoticon-0158-time::emoticon-0162-coffe

10. St. Luigi Scrosoppi

St. Luigi Scrosoppi Well-Known Member

It is called insomnia which makes you bad tempered and ****ing irritable. Just think what a really nice guy I might be if I slept at night.

Lemons and Oranges likes this.

11. Lemons and Oranges

Lemons and Oranges Well-Known Member

I've always wondered what happens to insomniacs if they get jet lag. Do they become insomniacs during the day? :bandit:

12. The Shrimp

The Shrimp Member

liked

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
  13. Saintalona

Saintalona Well-Known Member

Quick question. Would this work in Italy? My mother in law loves watching Real Madrid. She’s Spanish and a diehard Fan. :)

thereisonlyoneno7 likes this.
  14. thereisonlyoneno7

Yep, probably better as no UK ISP steaming blocks.

15. SaintRachel

SaintRachel Active Member

Ever hopeful... has anyone found a free stream for today’s match (streaming from uk)?

16. SaintinNZ

SaintinNZ Well-Known Member

We should just sticky soccer streams on reddit. There is always a working stream on there for everything. Just google it.

17. Lambertissier

Lambertissier Well-Known Member

Talking of streams, has anybody got a decent link for today’s game please?

18. Lambertissier

Lambertissier Well-Known Member

Just seen the Reddit comment. I’ll try there first

19. Dark Lord SFC

Dark Lord SFC Well-Known Member

My son, who is much better at these things than me, came up with Reddit and I have found the options on there (& there are lots) to be generally excellent

Lambertissier likes this.
  20. MorgansBitOnTheSchneid

MorgansBitOnTheSchneid Well-Known Member

I'm going to bump this and see if anyone can help. My Iptv seems to have been shut down is anyone else's still working? I know they have gone for a global shut down