1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Stupid. I think so

Discussion in 'Kilmarnock' started by firepit, Mar 10, 2013.

1. firepit

firepit Member

Despite my claims that I've fallen out of love with football, I have continued to attend games. On Saturday, I nearly fell asleep watching us, (despite the freezing cold). Saints were not much better(but enough). The standard of football involving our team is dire. The season is over for us and I can't see how we can improve. When Komedy kenny speaks of his principles, he is talking ****e to keep the fans on board. I wonder sometimes if the training sessions involve a football.
    We have just played 4 games that would define our season and we have not showed up for any of them. This man cannot organise a team or motivate them. People say they love KK, but everybody I talk to at the game think he is a clown.
    My real motivation for this post was actually to thank GE for keeping the phonebox open. My leaving it had nowt to do with the scoring and I know from experience it takes a lot of time to do it. Gawn yersel G.E .I may return

2. The Cunnilungus Connoisseur

The Cunnilungus Connoisseur Official POTY 2011, 2014, 2015, 2018 & 2023

The apathy for the game up here could signal the death-knell for Scottish football.

Crowds are down everywhere, clubs in danger of going out of business the product on the pitch is crap.

And those in charge seem inept and unable to bring about the radical change that's required.

3. Tina.

Tina. Well-Known Member

You're such a fanny, queef. How come it's only now that your team died and it's bastard child are in the bottom league that all this seems to be happening?

our game's been in decline for years and years and not a ****ing word. NOT ONE ****ING WORD.

Sevco fans are the most arrogant ****s in the world - without cause.

Go **** yourself, you ****ing ****head.

RANGERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DECLINE DUE TO THEIR CHEATING FOR DECADES.

Delighted they died. :emoticon-0150-hands

4. The Cunnilungus Connoisseur

The Cunnilungus Connoisseur Official POTY 2011, 2014, 2015, 2018 & 2023

5. killie61

killie61 Member

Firepit, I cannot disagree with a lot of what you write.

Saturday was the worst game I have seen in a long time. St Johnstone were utter crap but they were still miles ahead of us. It was only the cold that kept me awake - I couldn't stop shivering and was getting more frustrated the longer the game went on.

As much as I like a lot about Shiels I do think he talks utter sh1te at times - how he could even imagine we were slightly the better team in the 1st half is unbelievable. We had 1 powder puff effort at goals. In the 2nd half we didn't start playing until we were 2 goals down

Here are some of my thoughts/observations -

- Fowler, who I generally have not criticised much over the years despite him having limited football ability, has been awful for the last month and deserves to be dropped pronto.
    - We are the slowest team in the league when breaking up the park - I think back to the Gros break in the 1st half which he couldn't sustain, turned backwards and passed the ball back the way, which quickly ended up with St Johnstone having all their men back behind the ball ultimately ending our chance of creating a chance
    - our central defence is terrible - Sissoko is a bombscare and O'Leary is garbage.
    - we miss Pascali big style - there is no leader on the pitch and no one to organise the team, keeping other players alert
    - we play a passing game according to Shiels - utter garbage. We pass the ball back and forth in our own half, never putting the opposition under any pressure. We then usually piss about with it at the back and give it away to the opposition cheaply. I went to the Swansea v Bradford cup final and if you want to look at a team that plays a passing game watch Swansea. You can only play a passing game if you have movement off the ball - Killie simply do not do this.
    - Shiels never leaves a player up the park when the opposition have a corner - why not? All you do is give the ball back to the opposition if you clear it. Hold the press he did it in the last 5 minutes on Saturday because Boyd was too slow to get back forward again if we had managed to clear the ball.

I think a lot of the football we pay is as bad, if not worse at times, as it was under Captain Calamity and I doubt I will go to another away match this season - it is simply not worth the time, effort and money.

I have not been so down / unenthusiastic about Killie for a long time.

Depressing times.

6. Same old Bonbon 19

I see Kenny's honeymoon period is over, Bobby Williamson got at least 2 years before we turned on him.

I have'nt been to an away match this season but it was my impression from others who have that we have played not too bad?

Football fans the world over are critical of some aspect of their club but take a reality check ffs! Killie are a mid table inconsistant SPL team at best who got lucky in last years League Cup competition.The previous year we just happened to have through Mixu's connection a superstar type player who raised our expectations and profile for 10 months and left Shiels to try and follow that with want amounts to journeymen and weans.

We wont be relegated, we have half a chance of the top 6 whatever the feck that means( apart from the money) and we have at least 3-4 years of saying sevco are still ****e.

Glass 1/2 full IMO

7. killie61

killie61 Member

Who has turned on Kenny Shiels? I am only saying what I believe.

Yes we got lucky last season, however that does not stop me from being blinkered and thinking Kenny can do no wrong. We also were lucky last season when we had Dean Shiels play for us.

I have seen every home game, every cup match and over half the away games and in general I think the standard of football played by us has been in very poor, sometimes awful. I have been to Ross County, St Mirren, Motherwell and St Johnstone and we have been dire in every game. The only good performances away from home I have seen are at Tynecastle and Tannadice, where again we could not defend.

Yes we have blooded some youngsters, which is good, however I think we have been consistently poor for the majority of the games I have seen. I have seen teams like ICT and St Johnstone, both with far smaller budgets than we have play far better football than we do, have teams that are better balanced, have better movement than we do, have more pace in the team, are better organised than we are and I am supposed to be happy with it. If I can see this why can't he? I worry about him when you listen to his after match comments as he is not saying what the majority of Killie fans I know are seeing - Firepit says the same in a different way.

Fortunately we have goals in our team, which is a plus, however this deflects from how poor / deficient we are in other areas of the park. I was told on Saturday that O'Leary has been offered a 3 and 1/2 year contract. That worries me if KK wants O'Leary about for the next 3 and 1/2 seasons

Well I am not happy and if he continues to play people like Fowler every week he is available then he is not doing his job properly. He dropped Pascali, deservedly so, so why can he not see the same with Fowler - you cannot play him and Clingan in the same midfield and expect to be creative. On Saturday Winchester couldn't get into the game yet it took Shiels ages to substitute him and by that time we were chasing the game.

It cost me over £50 on Saturday between petrol money, entrance fees and food and I got virtually no entertainment from a Killie perspective. I am not prepared to continue paying that amount out every other week to watch garbage.

I have put my money where my mouth is and if I am not happy then I am perfectly entitled to say what I feel and will do so, and too bad if it annoys or upsets anyone.

I won't be at another game now until the 20th April at the earliest because of holidays and free Saturdays and unusually for me am not bothered in the least.

8. Same old Bonbon 19

I certainly dont think Kenny can do no worng and I do agree at some of his post match interviews I think I have Alzheimers as I cant recall watching what he has just spoke about. I put that down to his enthuisiasm for the game and perhaps for our club if you want to be kindly. His shortcomings are IMO his loyalty to certain players like Fowler who despite his current form remains very popular with the Killie fans for showing us some loyalty and his blinkered approach to the passing game at all costs.

What do we do about it? You register your displeasure on forums like this and generally froth at the mouth over our keyboards typing reams of pish whilst splashing in your own spit. But you should always back the team. If we had nothing to complain about that would be akin to being Kate Beckinsales tampon, lovely for a while but ultimately boring. We are Killie afterall we never do anything the easy way. I do however believe Kenny will turn things around with the youths he is bringing through but getting their will have its ups and downs.

9. Same old Bonbon 19

I certainly dont think Kenny can do no worng and I do agree at some of his post match interviews I think I have Alzheimers as I cant recall watching what he has just spoke about. I put that down to his enthuisiasm for the game and perhaps for our club if you want to be kindly. His shortcomings are IMO his loyalty to certain players like Fowler who despite his current form remains very popular with the Killie fans for showing us some loyalty and his blinkered approach to the passing game at all costs.

What do we do about it? You register your displeasure on forums like this and generally froth at the mouth over our keyboards typing reams of pish whilst splashing in your own spit. But you should always back the team. If we had nothing to complain about that would be akin to being Kate Beckinsales tampon, lovely for a while but ultimately boring. We are Killie afterall we never do anything the easy way. I do however believe Kenny will turn things around with the youths he is bringing through but getting their will have its ups and downs.

10. ex-german exile

FP, Great to hear from you and I appreciate the acknowledgement - its been quite tough since I started my new job in Jan as I don't have access from work; and its amazing how much **** you have to do at home when that's the case.

As for the football, I have gone back to my childhood and go to watch the juniors (nearly) every Saturday. Its a culmination of things, the main one being I dabbled with the juniors last season and really enjoyed it. The banter is brilliant and there's a bar in nearly every ground. It helps that Hurlford are having a good season, but two weeks ago I travelled to Yoker on the team (only) bus, nine points clear of 2nd place, looking for three more points of the 12 that will probably see promotion to the big league for the first time ever; the bus got detoured on the way there, lost on the way home (don't ask!) we got absolutely ****ed 7-1 and I had a GREAT DAY; which including the gallon of beer and food cost about £30.

Also, after home games I'm home by 4pm which keeps Mrs. Exile happy; and if we have something on at night I can even been home from most away games by 4.30pm.

I go to the cup matches at RP, but the SPL is dreary, has been for season. I can't get exited about the top 6, in fact, the most enjoyable league season in recent times was the (nearly) relegation year culminating in the Falkirk match (although it didn't sem like it at the time!). I don't feel qualified to debate the team's performances, but have known you and K61 long enough to know that you call it as you see it - as for KS, I just ignore his pish; which is even more embarrasing than JJ's drivel was.

Anyway, happy days; first against third at Blair Park on Saturday!

11. killie61

killie61 Member

Interesting how we all see things differently as I used to watch Arthurlie quite a lot when I didn't go to the Killie games but more of less gave up a couple of seasons ago as the standard is absolutely dire - the referees are even worse, which is quite something to say. Add in some of the Neanderthals who watch junior football, and sadly Ayrshire has more than its fair share of them, and I often find it quite a depressing afternoon.

I have only been to a couple of games each of the last few seasons and don't really miss going much at all, however despite this I am going down on Saturday as we have no game. There might be a decent crowd with St Mirren not playong either.

Good luck to Hurlford for the rest of the season GE

12. killie61

killie61 Member

Surprise surprise and typical after posting the above.

I went down to Dunterlie today and thoroughly enjoyed it. Arthurlie were really good today and should have scored about 6.

Also their steak pies are better than ours.