1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Sturridge to get the most out of Benteke?

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Magic Ted, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Flappy Flanagan (JK)

Flappy Flanagan (JK) Well-Known Member

The best teams ave squads they can rotate. We at least have an attack we can rotate once Sturridge is fit.

2. saintKlopp

We were screwed last season without a decent attack, we went for Ings in order to have options. Even if we had our sights on Benteke there was no guarantee that we would get him so we had to have some alternatives.
    No harm at all in having redundancy in that department (or any) provided we can keep them happy.
    I'm sure he'll be given opportunities.

3. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

Would like to see us at least trying to play two upfront occasionally, with Benny and Ings, perhaps, behind a diamond headed by Ford and based on Can. maybe Hendo and Firmino/or Milner on the flanks?

Worth a try?

4. saintKlopp

I love to see an attacking team, much to the chagrin of many on here, so I wouldn't moan if we tried it out. I don't think Rodgers is over-keen though. I think he used the diamond that worked so well before simply because he couldn't leave any of them out.
    He might experiment with those two, but I'm guessing it's more likely when Sturridge returns and he tries to squeeze him in somewhere.

5. moreinjuredthanowen

I would hope said tactic is prepared in training for use when sides put 10 men behind the ball.

Firmino push right up for instance and change it on the pitch.

6. Very true but even after just three games you'd have thought we'd have seen a glimpse of Ings or Origi.

7. moreinjuredthanowen

Sorry but the results didn't allow it.

Each sub made thus far has been defensive not offensive in nature.

Shoring up the left side a lot be it lallana or coutinho or replacing henderson.

Also what's the priority. Getting Firmino in and going or Ings?

8. Rubbish, all three games offered the opportunity. We weren't exactly cruising in any of them were we? Ings is a hard working players who digs in and helps his team, plus he offers a goal threat. When things are tight, why wouldn't you use him?

The Arsenal game definitely allowed it! We took Firmino off and but Ibe on who had looked poor in the previous two games, hence him being dropped from the starting XI. Arsenal where also putting us under a lot of pressure. Put Ings on and not only will he offer an out ball like ibe did but he also work a lot harder to help his team.

9. FedLadSonOfAnfield

You know those bowling lanes that had rubber buffers that inflated in the gutters for newbs and little kids so the ball would bounce back. Will we have similar around the pitch at Anfield when Sturridge finally makes his return ??

10. jaffaklopp

jaffaklopp Well-Known Member

I don't see where Sturridge fits in. I think he is done personally, he will eventually get injured again or never recover.

11. FedLadSonOfAnfield

Very much agree with this ... he crock

12. moreinjuredthanowen

hmmm

cos subbing off lallana for can was a bad move v stoke....

cos telling ings to sit down v stoke when coutinho scored so we could defend it out was a bad plan?

cos favoring firmino to come on v stoke was a bad idea?

Cos subbing hendo for Can was a bad idea when injury struck.

Cos putting moreno on to help out on the left side was a bad plan v bournemouth

cos again trying to get firmino integrated was a bad idea?

We took fimirno off and put ibe on to play right side to shore up that area.. nothing else. it was a purely defensive sub.. so was lucas off for rossiter.. a tiring player for a fresh legged kid to run about headless ly... same for moreno on the left.. again.. gomez on a card needed to shore up

all decisions IMO made properly

three clean sheets the result.. firmino up to a whole hour on the pitch..

Was ings going to sit in at right side to defend in his own half???

Ing might come on if its 0-0 with 20 to go at anfield this weekend but no way is he coming on when the side is shoring up the results like we have been doing.

he will have to wait his turn like everyone else... carlisle utd game I reckon.

13. Milnermino Lamborini

Milnermino Lamborini Well-Known Member

I do not get this obssession with Coutinho being a number 10. It is the same with Barca and Messi last season. He started centrally and Barca were struggling. As soon as Messi went to the right he became 10 times more effective and was scoring and providing. Suarez began scoring and so was Neymar

The reality is Coutinho is and will always be more effective coming from the left. Plus it get the best out of the other players. A great team is not playing the best players in their best positions but playing the players in the best positions to get the best out of the team.

Plus that is the only position Coutinho seems to score from

Skylarted and astro like this.
  14. Skylarker

Skylarker PL High Commissioner

Exactly. Its sooo obvious he plays better on the left, I have to question what people watch that's different to what I can clearly see.

Him wrapping a defender up and coming in from the left and having a pop is so good to see. He get's cancelled out the game as a number 10 more often than not. Don't get me wrong he can play as a number 10 as he has that natural ability, but on the left he's devastating. Also, as you point out it gives the team options for the number 10 role.

15. FedLadSonOfAnfield

Coutinho, Firmino, Lallana, Ibe, Bentbeak, Sturridge, Ings, Origi as regular AMs / FWs

looks better than, is > than

Coutinho, Sterling, Lallana, Markovic, Balotelli, Sturridge, Lambert, Borini

16. Milnermino Lamborini

Milnermino Lamborini Well-Known Member

Capital One Cup and Europa will finally allow Origi and Ings some game time to push Benteke. Plus my hope is we spanks a few sides early on to allow Origi and Ings game time in the league.

Actually in the Arsenal game bringing on Origi for Benteke late on would have pushed back the Arsenal defense because of his pace.

17. Or when people say let him play the No.10 role they mean put him in behind and let him roam about in that area. In others words, he could be right, left or central and there for maximising his impact since he can freely move to a position where he can cause more damage to the opposition.

18. moreinjuredthanowen

except 9/10 he doesn't he ends up in the pocket of a midfielder or swallowed up by indecision.

he's brilliant off the left.

19. moreinjuredthanowen

true.

but then..

coutinho sterling suarez sturridge :bandit: aspas, moses... wasn't too mad either.

20. moreinjuredthanowen

hopefully so as nobody can play 90mins in all those games.

not even the mighty lovern...