1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Suarez Leaving

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Bumps, Jan 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bumps

Bumps Well-Known Member

?
    I think it would be fairly obvious to say that for £40mil - if true, we will be waving goodbye to Suarez, and personally i would wish him all the best. also more than likely we will lose Pepe should Barca come calling ( hope we get Alonso back in return) but that would be two of our three world class players, leaving only Stevie G and no matter how good he is or isn't his days of carrying the team on his own are either past him or near by.
    I do not believ we would reinvest the money in another marquee signing, is anybody else worried or is this the direction the club should be taking?

2. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

Suarez only recently signed a new deal so we have all the power in this deal. And to be honest, I would expect more than £40m.

3. LucasPrime

LucasPrime Member

I would expect more, but it won't be till the summer. Can't blame him though, he should be winning the champions league with a good team.

4. Page_Moss_Kopite

Page_Moss_Kopite Well-Known Member

FSG will be pilloried like H&G if they accept 'any' amount of money in this window for Suarez.

5. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

Definitely not this window.

I expect there to be bids in the summer but hopefully we can fend them off. Top 4 should be main priority next season and if we don't reach it then, then I feel Suarez will definitely be off.

6. Sir_Red

Sir_Red Well-Known Member

He's younger and more talented than the Torres we sold for £50m. If a £60m offer came early in the SUMMER and we could reinvest then I would think that a good deal

7. LucasPrime

LucasPrime Member

That money should go on quality thought, not quantity.

8. organic red

organic red Well-Known Member

It defo won't be this window,and I doubt it will be in the summer either.

We will receive bids I'm sure,but I think we will see Luis at Anfield for a few years yet.

9. Bozz

Bozz Well-Known Member

I'd take £55m+ in the summer. Suarez is amazing but that money could buy some proper quality. Imagine the following sales in the summer

West Ham stay up so the £18m Carroll deal is activated (if such a clause is true)
    Suarez goes for £55m,
    Downing for £10m (now looking possible)

That's £83m PLUS the funds promised by FSG due to the wage bill cuts

We could buy quality for every position there. The only problem we tend to have is we focus too much on one player, we have wasted 2 weeks of a 4 week window in jan on Tom Ince, a player we dont really need and a player which we could get easily elsewhere

This scouting team needs to have worked its arse off this season because if we get this money we could have our fingers in a lot of pies

10. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I don't think he would want to go at this point. I think he will play for us next season but if we don't improve and the likes of Barca then come in he may leave.

Where has this come from anyway? I didn't see anything suggesting he was off or that anyone has bid.

11. LucasPrime

LucasPrime Member

With that sort of money, I would want Erikson/Isco and a very good striker, can't think of any though. After that, then quality can be bought for CM and defence.

12. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

How about Suarez stays and we invest in quality to play alongside him, I'd say that was a better plan as the chance of us replacing him with a player of the same quality is nil.

13. If only it was just transfer fees though eh? Selling those three players and getting £80m+ plus the summer budget seems like a fantastic prospect but if we were to bring in four or five players then the wage bill will inevitably increase. In terms of of the balance sheets, this would eat away at the £80+ & summer kitty, not to mention agents fees <ok>

On the brighter side, we have just got rid of Joe Cole and Sahin along with players that went in the summer so we should have spare wage budget anyway :huh:

14. Ah, so simple eh...? <laugh>

15. Bozz

Bozz Well-Known Member

yeah but those players wages will come off the wage bill

All 3 of those players are on at least 80k a week each

16. Absolutely. But if we were to bring five players in using that income, there would be two additions that would need accounting for. Using the £80k figure you suggested works out at £20.8m each over five years!

Edit: I would think that any signings made are looked at as a overall package. Ie, transfer fee, agents fees, signing-on fees and wages cost X. Do we have X available in the budget? If so, this amount is committed to and taken out of the equation for future budgets.

17. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I'd say a lot simpler than trying to replace the guy.

18. Neymar <ok>

<laugh>

19. RogerisontheHunt

RogerisontheHunt Well-Known Member

Its come from the fact Pep is going to Bayern next year & apparently he likes Suarez, so Bayern are preparing to buy for him.

Fact is its all paper talk, guy isn't even in the job yet and the papers seem to know his targets and are already drawing up a list of players he's looking to buy. Of course Suarez is the first target as he hasn't done anything wrong this week and they need some way to sell newspapers off the back of his name.

20. Lucas Talking

Lucas Talking Well-Known Member

FSG: "But we will double up on the initial cost of our asset. Next year he will be 27 and have no resale value. Plus, we don't want anyone above the age of 15 playing for us".

Unfortunately, if the right offer comes in, I can see FSG accepting a bid for him. It will be down to the player whether he wants to stay. Let's hope he doesn't pull a Torres and hand in a transfer request on Jan 30th.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.